-final-

As Long as You're Here

 Yoongi let out an exhausted sigh as he closed the light switches of the studio. He pulled on his jacket silently, giving a sideway glance to the digital clock that read ‘3:43’. Yet another sleepless night, another night filled with annoyed curses from the lack of inspiration and creativity, another night deemed fruitless by the pink haired rapper.

‘Can’t be helped anyway.’ He mutters to himself as he soundlessly makes his way out into the chilly night, a shiver running down his spine as a cold gust of wind hits his pale features. He can’t wait to get back home.

 Yoongi was struggling with the production of the mixtape he’s been working on for quite a long time now. It wasn’t that it sounded bad or could be described as noisy. It was good, but not good enough. Yoongi felt the familiar uneasiness in the pits of his stomach every time he replayed the track, which clearly meant that there was something missing, a lost puzzle piece that would complete the jigsaw.

 The feeling was so frustrating.

 As a producer, he found himself stuck in such situations more often than he’d obviously prefer. The horrendous feeling of nothingness in his thoughts put him in a foul mood. He’d stress himself out by spending long hours in the studio, furiously clicking his pen in order to squeeze out an idea from his sleep deprived mind. He knew that it was unhealthy, that he might even collapse at some point if he dragged out this loop of self-torture. He wasn’t an idiot though, because pushing his own limits was something he’ll never do again as it resulted in him waking up on a hospital bed with an IV attached to his thin wrist, and a teary eyed Jimin beside him, holding his other hand. He promised Jimin to never do that again.

 Yoongi found himself involuntarily smiling softly as the image of the shorter male appeared in his muddled thoughts, clearing up his brain if only a little, and calming his temper down a notch.

 It wasn’t an exaggeration. Jimin had the strange ability to sooth Yoongi’s anxiety, and help clear up his mind. The younger didn’t really do much other than lending him an ear, humming quietly as the older poured his worries and concerns out. He wasn’t the type to burden others with his own problems, but Jimin being there beside him all ready and willing to simply just listen to what he tried so hard to veil was enough for him to make an exception.

 Yoongi never voiced it out before, but he was honestly thankful for whoever sent him an angel like Jimin. The boy laughed out that ‘His Yoongi hyung is really nice to him. That his hyung always took care of him.’ on several occasions, when in reality it was the complete opposite. It was Jimin whom took care of him. Jimin who was always nice to him even when he throws a particularly hurtful comment his way.

 His thoughts were all proven right when he found the boy snoring softly on the couch of their living room in an uncomfortable position, a plate covered in plastic placed on the coffee table in front of the sleeping boy. Yoongi safely assumed that Jimin had waited for him to return home from the studio, and also kept his dinner ready. The sight of food reminded him of how hungry he was, having only had a cup of black coffee and a small sandwich that afternoon.

 

 He shook his head as he shrugged off his jacket, hanging it half heartedly on the coat stand, then proceeded to quietly approach his sleeping lover to carefully adjust his body, so he lays down on the couch in a somewhat comfortable position. The not so quiet shuffling woke Jimin up, causing his eyes to flutter open, and a soft yawn to escape his mouth. Yoongi closed his eyes, huffing in disappointment.

 ‘So much for being careful, Min Yoongi. Congratulations you fool.’

 The black haired boy rubbed the sleep off his eyes, mumbling a small ‘you’re back.’ Somehow, still managing to smile at the older. Yoongi leaned down and pecked his lover’s lips as an apology for disturbing him. “Hey, Jiminie. Sorry for waking you up. Why don’t you go into our room, and sleep there. I’ll catch up in a few minutes, hm?” he suggests.

 Jimin being himself quickly replies with “ah, but hyung you must be hungry now. I’ll heat the food up for you, okay? Wait just a minute.” As he attempts to reach for the covered plate, only to be stopped by pale arms wrapping around his middle, and his lover nuzzling him affectionately.

‘Always putting others’ needs before your own.’

 “I can do that for myself, baby. You go rest.” The pink haired male says into the younger’s smooth neck, the movement of his lips on the sensitive skin causing Jimin to squirm away with a giggle of ‘that tickles, hyung!’

 He did try to argue with the older to stay with him while he ate, but was steered towards their bedroom by Yoongi who sternly denied him from doing so. Jimin pouted, but didn’t protest anymore.

 Yoongi placed his dinner inside the microwave, and clicked the start button. The machine didn’t work, because his luck was just that great. Frowning, he pushes a few more buttons, and huffs in annoyance as he confirms that ‘yes, this useless junk isn’t working. Just his luck.’

 A small mutter of “See? I told you that you couldn’t do it.” Startles him.

 “. Jimin I told you to sleep, baby. What brought you back?” he questions his boyfriend, whom was busy trying to reach for something behind the microwave.

 “I forgot to tell you to turn the main switch on.” Jimin answered, laughing amusedly at the scowl that formed on his boyfriend’s face.

‘Of-ing-course. The main switch.’ He thinks sarcastically.

 Jimin smiles as he places the now steaming food in front of Yoongi, urging him to eat.

 “Don’t worry, hyung~ I won’t judge~” He assures cheekily, earning a muffled ‘shut up’ from the older.

 They stayed there till Yoongi was done eating, then headed together to their shared bedroom. Yoongi now fully takes in how incredibly attractive Jimin looks in an oversized Tshirt and a pair of shorts. Jimin catches him staring at his exposed legs and feels a blush creeping up his face, slightly self conscious under his lover’s unwavering gaze.

 

 Yoongi tugs at the younger’s hand gently, pulling him down on the bed to softly kiss his lips. Jimin very willingly kisses the older back, getting comfortable on his lap, and circling his arms around his neck. They share a few more pecks, and the older’s lips make their way down his jaw, then his neck, breathing in the blissful scent of caramel. Yoongi’s hand slipped under his lover’s Tshirt to caress his back. The contact of cold hands on warm skin causes Jimin to shiver, enjoying the attention he received. Jimin hums happily as his lover returns to firmly capture his lips once again. He leans his forehead on the older’s, eyes hooded and face flushed a beautiful crimson hue.

 “Hyung…” Jimin whispers in a tired voice “I’m sleepy.”

 Yoongi smiles at how adorable the younger sounded, leaving one last peck on his now kiss bruised lips.

  “Whatever you want, Jiminie.” He states quietly, getting both of them under the warm covers. Jimin immediately snuggled into Yoongi, resting his head on the older’s chest, the sound of his steady heartbeat relaxing him.

 Yoongi feels himself visibly deflate as his body lay tangled with the younger’s warm one, stress leaving his mind. He kisses Jimin’s forehead, mouthing ‘goodnight’ lovingly.

 And that’s how they give in to the comforting pull of sleep, warm and safe in eachothers’ embrace. Yoongi finally gets to rest his rigid shoulders, his stiff neck, and his mess of a brain, if only for a few precious hours, but it’s alright. Yoongi thinks that as long as Jimin’s there to brighten up his days, it’ll always be alright. 

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

hello again! I have no idea why or how I wrote this, but I did and it's here now. It's 3:40 and I've got a math final exam in a few hours. Thought writing more yoonmin fluff might help me calm down since I'm nervous af. TT so in done. Anyway, thank you for reading this! I'd love to read your comments, so please don't hesitate to do so. They make me very happy ;; 

Until next time~ ❤ 

 

tumblr_static_5ovux1lcxasckossc44wgwwsk.