Speak now

Speak Now

The church bells started to ring one fine afternoon. The rich tone of the brass instruments filled the ears of whosoever heard it with warmth. The whole setting is decorated with fully bloomed gardenia. White smooth silk graced over the chairs, tables, and the aisle.

The guests are arriving at a fast pace. Each came to share   their sympathy towards the couple of the occasion. The guests, all with a gift at hand, are accordingly dressed to the ocassion. Elegant ladies in pastel-colored gowns and dresses and the gentlemen in light-colored tux. Everyone is anxiously waiting for the ceremony to start.

 Best Wishes to Byun Baekhyun and Kim Taeyeon to their marriage on the 18th of July

Banners were hung aroung the backdrop. Soon their most important guest have finally arrived. There's Im Yoona, the woman who's responsible for the occasion's surroundings, and she's clearly done a great job. Kim Jongin is also present, he is one of those who supported the couple through good times and bad. Baek considered him as one of his close friends. Choi Siwon, Taeyeon's rich godfather, had certainly no reason not to be there. So many guests have arrived and many are still to come. The wedding is just about to start.

On a distant private penthouse, not far from the church, a young man stood watching his perfect dream-turned-reality come to life. Byun Baekhyun, the man of the hour, is left in awe as he stood by the porch enjoying the last moments of his single life.

He turned his back to face his life-long bestfriend sitting at the corner of the room. "Baek, it's time to go." the tall man stretched as he approached the groom. "C'mon I'll take you there"

"Chanyeol, how do I look?" asked the shorter one.

Chanyeol took a moment before he answered. Baekhyun looked stunning, he admitted to himself. The platinum lines that are printed on the tux he wore complimented his somewhat short figure and pale skin. His eyes were shining brighter than usual, it was enough to illuminate an entire darkness. His hands were eye-catching, his long fingers and all. Chanyeol could think of a million other compliments he could give. Baekhyun is a almost perfect, Chanyeol always thought of him as that.

"Gorgeous" he said in a monotone. What was I thinking?! Gorgeous is not enough to describe the beauty Baekhyun posesses. 

"Thanks" the groom replied. Chanyeol could've sworn he saw Baekhyun blushed ,a little. But it didn't matter, Baekhyun is gonna get married to the ever so gorgeous Taeyeon in an hour or so and it won't be stopped now.

Do I want to stop that wedding?

Chanyeol couldn't think straight. He kind of admitted that he treasured his relationship with Baekhyun more than any relationship he had with other people. Baekhyun to him was like something he couldn't explain in words. He loved his friend deeply. Baekhyun meant the world to him. 

Is it just now that he felt his love for his best friend? No. He's been feeling this way for a long time. Only now, he finally realized. Only now when it's too late. And right now he's still trying to deny his love for the young man.

"Chan? Are you okay" baekhyun asked his teary-eyed friend. "Is it because I'm getting married?". Chanyeol wiped the tear off his eyes, he wasn't even aware it was there. "I thought you would cry. But now? Really? Couldn't you wait till we actually get in the church?" Baek joked.

Chanyeol ignored the untimingly joke his friend made. The two men got in the prestigious vehicle which took them to the church.

 

"Chan! Hey! How have you been old friend? I sure missed you." Yixing asked the tall man before him. "Missed you too Lay." Not. Its only been three days you fool. Chanyeol wasn't really in the mood for anything. He had a combination of confusion, anger and regret boiling inside him. There are many people at the wedding that he havn't seen in a long time, and lay isn't one of them, but the only person he could think of right now is Baekhyun. It wasn't right but he can't help himself. 

The gates finally opened. The flower girls and ring bearers came in following a certain arrangement. Chanyeol took sight of the gorgeous women at a parade accompanied by handsome men. Tiffany noona and Nichkhun hyung looks dazzling as usual. Oh and I could see Sunny noona really prepared for the event. Chanyeol thought to himself as he followed the extravagantly dressed lady with his eyes. He felt like his heart stop when he caught sight of Baekhyun at the end of the aisle. He looked even more stunning. He was stunned. He stared at Baekhyun from head to toe and found nothing that he couldn't label as fascinating. Taeyeon is one lucky girl.

At that que, the doors came bursting open to reveal an extremely alluring lady. Kim Taeyeon. She smiles at everyone she sees while walking down the aisle. She beams at everyone she passes. She looked like a goddess. Asissted by her beloved father, she made her way into Baekhyun. Chanyeol felt his heart break a little. He felt like he just want to grab Baekhyun no matter what the crowd thinks.

The two stood before the priest. Chanyeol ignored everything the priest said, his eyes focusing on Baekhyun only. One sentence remaine in his mind though.

"If any of the witnesses just cause why they shouldn't be together, speak now or forever hold your peace."

"Speak now or forever hold your peace"

The words echoed back and forth Chanyeol's mind, getting louder and louder as it did. He clutched his hand in the futile attempt to stop the voice from ringing insids his head.

Should I?

Chabyeol was in a deep conflict with himself. Wether to stop the wedding or not. He caught a glimpse of Baekhyun's eyes, staring at him. It was as if he was saying that he is happy with Taeyeon. And just like that, the opportunity to speak up had passed. Chanyeol watches the rest of the ceremony in stony silence.

During dinner, Chanyeol was asked to give a small speech. There was no way to escape it so he was forced to tell the newlyweds a heartfelt seech.

"I've known Baek for more than five years now. And as far as I could remember, he and I became best friends the day we met. From how I've known Baek, he always wants the people around him happy. He always finds ways to make people smile even if he had to make a really ugly face for them to laugh" on that note, everyone laughed as Baekhyun smiled warmly towards his best friend. "He's really mature and knows how to control his temper." Chanyeol could feel himself get emotional. Better end this quick. "I would like to tell you,Taeyeon, that a life with this guy is worth all the hardships in life. Take good care of this guy, promise me." Taeyeon nodded in agreement to Chanyeol's statement. "You see, I'm not a big fan of long speeches so I would like to end this speech with a toast. Cheers to Taeyeon and Baekhyun!" Followed by an encore from the crowd, Chanyeol addressed his goodbye to the couple and left to get some drinks.

"Hey Chanyeol, you gettin some tears in your eyes there. You alright?" Suho asked the young man. No matter how many times people asked him, Chanyeol couldn't get enough strength to say how he trully felt.

He was holding his peace. He has been. 

Should I have spoken when I had the chance to?

 

 

 

Author's note:

Again sorry for the wrong grammar at times. I hope this story satisfied your hunger for chanbaek angst;) Anyways, thanks for reading!