When she came

The girl that was indefinite

"Oppa~" I heard my little sister whine.

I thrashed my hands around trying to swat her away.

"Go away Wendy." I grumbled.

"Oppa~ Wake up!" She said and pulled the covers off of me.

The cold crept up from my back since I was shirtless. So I grabbed a pillow and hugged it. I heard her grumble something and stomped away.

I smiled in satisfaction. At last.

*Ka-chak*

O.O

"Jungkook you have exactly 60 seconds to get your out of your bed or so help me, you're going to lose your precious family jewels." A low voice said.

I quickly ran out of my bed and headed for the bathroom. Stupid hyung.

I stuffed the toothbrush into my teeth and brushed it furiously. I opened the door and saw my  psychotic big brother Chanyeol putting his pistol into his holster. He caught my eye and winked at me. 

tard. -.-

He scurried out of my room and there by the door was my little sister Wendy smiling at me triumphantly. I gave her the stinky eye, and she poked her tounge out to me and then disappeared down the hall with my brother.

I went back to finish brushing my teeth and took a shower. After 15 minutes or so I went out and steam filled the whole comfort room. I wiped the watery residue off the mirror and stared at myself. Raven hair, obsidian eyes, high cheekbones and lean figure. This is only one night it up Jungkook.

I exited the bathroom and proceeded to clothing myself, I picked out a striped sweater and some dark jeans,and wore my favorite sneakers they were abit faded now but I liked how it looked vintage-y.

I walked out of my room and walked around the large halls of our mansion. I walked to our balcony and greeted my two siblings.

"What took you so long?"  Chanyeol asked me peering through the newspaper in his hands.

I sat beside Wendy.

"I smelt like an old geezer, I haven't took a bath since my last case." I said and brought a spoonful of porridge into my mouth.

"Your last case Oppa only took you 3 days to capture the suspect." Wendy reasoned.

"It took me a whole month to find his location and 3 days before I could capture him." I retorted.

She squinted her eyes at me in scrutiny.

"Wendy~ Your Jungkookie-Oppa is the best agent in the field, So don't question him if he likes to smell like rotten liquor and mothballs." Chanyeol-hyung said which made Wendy burst out in laughter.

I threw an orange at him. He ducked, and we fell silent as our father caught it with his hands.

"Appa!" Wendy squeaked.

"Morning kids. I see you've managed to rid your older brother of his unhygienic self." He said handing the mango to Chanyeol-hyung a wide grin on his face.

"Appa,did you know that bacteria multiplies faster and you are more prone in catching colds if you shower each and every day." I said.

"I don't have a good-looking son that smells like a wasted hobo." He joked.

I rolled my eyes at him.

"Kidding, Its good to see you son." He said and sat down at the end of the table beside Wendy.

"Yeobo! Yeobo!" The high pitched voice of Chanyeol-hungs 3rd and my 2nd stepmother-wendy's mom- yelled, banging the doors open scaring the doves away from the ledges.

"What is it darling?" He asked.

"Bae Joohyun, is coming to our party this evening." She said her hands cringing in excitement.

"Joohyun-Unnie's back?!!??" Wendy asked incredulous.

"That's weird I don't remember, her on the list." Chanyeol-hyung scratched his head in confusion while reaching for his iPad to run through the list.

"Oh well nevermind that, well as they say she.."

..appears only when uninvited,and she knows you want her to be there.

That was what they would always say about her, Bae Joohyun. 

She graduated college at the age of 16, had doctoral degrees in various fields either in the commonly or uncommonly. She was renowned for having an international 5 star restaurant and hotel, a calming therapist, a neuroscientist,a soldier, a nuclear scientist, a weapons expert. There were other things but I only knew her for 1 thing, her being the weirdest girl I've ever met, she was an undecipherable hieroglyph, that was she was, complex yet meaningful, there was always a code behind her words the kind of person who has a mindgame in everything she does.

She's a prodigy, like me.

But I on the other hand use my intelligence as an asset for being a covert agent. While she I don't know what she's up to, the last time we associated was when we were 16 the day we graduated. She gave me a map of North america and I don't know why? She said that I'm the only one who'll know since we both already traveled to places.

All I remember was us doing charity at that place, but then again Joohyun was a generous person after all.

I played with my porridge making weird mountain-y glacier shapes. Why now, after 5 years, why does she choose to appear, the party was only being held in honor of my father and stepmother's wedding.And it isn't really that special (Don't get me wrong, I don't have a grudge on stepmother's).

"Oppa!" Wendy tugged my arm. "Didn't you hear Joohyun Unnie's coming." She said in excitement.

I smiled thinly at her, I'm still tired and thinking of a reason of her visiting wasn't going to alleviate any of the pain at all.

--------------

Time: 9 p.m.

I fixed the bow tie that wrapped around the collar of my suit, My coat was red my slacks were gray my tie was black. 

Then my phone vibrated.

"When something's gone, It can be found. But what had disappeared can only be given patience to appear again." It read.

Riddles. Being a high class agent you possess a complex sense of awareness in detecting threats and I don't recieve messages like these even in the days when I attended an academy I always mean business. I don't give people the pleasure of having my time just to talk  about petty mundane  things. Its an unregistered number, maybe its no one. I shrugged it off and place it inside my coat pocket.

I opened the 1st compartment of my bedside drawer and reached beneath the clothing to feel the cold metal feel of my gun. I took it out and disassembled it in lightning speed unti all the parts are scattered and only the ammunition was left in my hands, I assembled it again and took out the ammo. Should I take it, but its only a family gathering. But why is it that I can't disregard the feeling that something unconvenient is going to happen. I took out 5 bullets and left out 1. Just one bullet, I think it'll be enough.

"Don't you think it's weird." 

I turned and saw Chanyeol-hyung in a red pinstriped suit.

"What is?" I asked and tucked the pistol at the holster at the back of my slacks which can be hidden by my coat.

"You know. Her coming here all of a sudden. I mean yeah he was close to Appa, but why do you think now when she hasn't even been try to get in-touch with us for five years, not even a single word from her." He said incredulous and walked his way to the window.

I looked at the map of North America  that she gave to me before she left. It was pinned at the bulletin board by my desk in between the shelves of books. I can't think of another reason why she had that, she after all decided to study there, but when it comes to joohyun everything is a frigging mind game.

Chanyeol-hyung clapped his hands. "Lets get this ty party started."

We walked out of my room together. And met up with Wendy, Appa, and stepmother. We exchanged glances and nodded.

"Open the doors." My father's voice boomed. 

The staff opened the giant doors. And guests started to fill the whole room with noise, Men wore expensive suits, Women wore flowy floor length dresses that try to outshine the others, The smell of perfume mixed with the smell of wine making the air intoxicating which was hard for me to breathe.

The three of us- Hyung, Me and Wendy- politely greeted the guests but never initiated small talks we don't really ask about how ttheir day was or compliment them on how they look, Appa, said it will only make their ego rise. Only a few are considered here as confidants and friends, the business world is a like carnival that are full of cheats.

"Jungkookie!" A low high pitched sound called. 

"Crap. You guys are here." I muttered looking at my 5 seniors.

"Hey we heard that." Taehyung said.

"We promise to not get drunk and score on chicks, we don't want to ruin ahjussi's party."  (Nam joon) Rap mon said a mischievous glint in his eyes.

The ends of my mouth tugged upwards. "Oh like hell you bastards could do that."

"Wanna bet?" 

The 6 of us turned and five of them gulped.

"Jin-hyung." Suga-hyung said mortified.

"Thought that you could escape guard duty today huh?" He said coldly to them and swiveled the bubbly champagne in one go.

"Oh come on Jin, we are agents not baby sitters, and do you know how the C.E.O'S daughter smell like? HORRIBLE." Taehyung said mock-vomitting.

"Aye." the other's agreed.

"And she thought I was trying to her just because I suddenly bumped her lumps." Jimin said and shivered.

"She polished my nails, did my hair, applied make up, and forced me to wear a wig and a dress." Suga said.

"She asked me to carry her fat through the 5 flight of stairs." J-hope said and reached fo a glass of wine.

"At least you didn't get your molested." Rap mon said blatantly.

We all looked at him wide-eyed and Jin-hyung was frozen, his hand in mid drink.

"Its true." He said precariously.

"I'm sorry for you." Taehyung said patting his shoulder.

"Oh the horror." He said a palm over his face.

"She might not be that ba--Whoa." I stopped midsentence when Suga's phone appeared in front of my face."I stand corrected. That's such a fat ."

"Well 3 o'clock of Jungkook. Now that's a beauty over there." J-hope said pointing something at my right.

I turned and saw the petite frame of a girl with pale, creamy colored legs. Its my first time tonight to see a girl wear a short dress. She turned around and cat-like eyes looked back at me. Her face was beyond angelic.

I try not to look surprised, in fear that the Bangtan- our squad name- boys would make a mountain out of a mole hill, that I was flustered to see a girl.

She smiled thinly at me and left, her black hair flying behind her.

I felt a hand at my shoulder.

"Oppa, are you alright?" Wendy asked me with worried eyes.

"I'm fine. Where's Chanyeol-hyung?" I asked.

"Jungkook!" 

Hyung was waving a hand from afar signalling me to go to him.

"I have to go. Suga-hyung, I trust my sister into your hands."

"WH-what?" The blonde hyung stuttered and I left him flustered with the girl he likes-Wendy-.

(a/n: Guys I know its a random pairing and it might be weird to some but please bear with it)

I walked my way out the crowd of people as fast as possible.

"You saw her right?" I asked.

He nodded.

I ran a hand through my hair in frustration, what are you playing at Joohyun. I turned and caught a glimpse of raven hair.

I quickly ran after it. And the voice of my Hyung trying to ask where I was heading faded as I distanced away.

I ran through the crowd until I was outside of the house, She went inside the hedge maze.

I arrived at the fountain where a couple squeaked in surprise seeing me and by the look of recognition they left.

I lost her. But a thought came to me.

When something's gone, It can be found. But what had disappeared can only be given patience to appear again.

It seems ridiculous but why now should I doubt my instincts.

15 minutes had left and I walked the fountain's ledges for almost more than 10 laps already.

Something rustled and I quickly placed a hand over my gun, A chill ran down my spine when I didn't feel it tucked at my slacks even my holster was gone.

I took a knife out of my sleeve. And withdrawed when I saw that it was only a desert fox.

I crouched down and coaxed it to come close. A desert fox? here in Korea?

"Meirin doesn't like a man armed." The voice purred.

"What brings your presence here?" I asked.

She walked towards the other edge while petting another desert fox in her hands.

"I wanted to say congrats to your Appa i'm glad it was possible for him to grieve for only a short period of time and find a new one, even though it had been two times it happened to him."

The fox in her hands jumped down and went to greet the other one, they cuddled with each other and left.

"How did you disarm me?"I asked.

"It was easy while you were walking around for who knows what and I was surprised that you didn't grow dizzy." she said.

"Rather strange of you to you come, when you aren't really invited."

"I mean to leave when I can tell that I am not necessarily wanted anymore." She said a mischievous grin on her face.

"How can you tell you are wanted when you're not even on the list?" I asked.

"Well as far as I know I haven't been dragged out of here, aren't i?" She retorted.

"The sole point of the list are for those who are invited, not for those who assume to be anticipated." I snarled.

She flinched clearly taken aback of what I said. 

"I didn't assume Jungkook, I knew I was wanted. Just like how I know that you're still confused of me leaving you so suddenly when you needed me the most when your mother died when we were 16." She said an apologetic look on her face.

I gasped. She saw right through me.

She stood up and straightened her dress. "It seems you're right I am not wanted here. I knew I won't be expecting my bestfriend to welcome me with a hug and ask for a dance. I'm sorry I should go Mr. Jeon. Have a nice evening." She bowed and then started to walk out of the hedge maze.

It took me a mere amount of minutes to awake myself from my reverie, and slap the sense to follow after her. I rushed out of the labyrinth, and was caught sight of her leaving already, wendy was slightly teary and hugged her. Hyung patted her head, like what he always did to her when we were young, my father and stepmother said their goodbye's, she  slipped inside the limo and the car was now driving towards the gate, and I felt a jolt of electricity when our eyes met before she rolled the windows up, and her beautifulo face was not seen anymore.

She left me and now I pushed her to leave.

--------------

Hey ya'll I know this pairing ain't that common but I sense some chemistry with these two and who the hell cares its a fanfic after all. :3

Anyways to those who have read my first work, Thank you guys if you managed to read this too, and to the new readers please subscribe, Kamsahamnida :*