The Red Balloon

The Red Balloon

Once upon a time, there was a little girl and a little boy fighting over a red balloon. It was actually the little girl’s balloon, but the little boy kept on arguing with her over the balloon.

“This is mine!” said Henry

“No!! This is mine! Mommy bought it for me earlier!” (Y/N) yelled back.

“I saw it first! So this is mine!” Henry snatched the balloon quickly. (Y/N) fought back and tried snatching the balloon.

Because of all the fuss, Henry, who was currently holding the balloon, let go of it unnoticed.  (Y/N) saw that the balloon was floating away. Tears started to fell one by one from her face. In a minute, she cried loudly. It made Henry feel bad for what he had done. He tried saying sorry to her for what he had done.

“(Y/N)... Sorry... I’m really sorry...” he said as he sat right in front of her, tapping her shoulder lightly to make her calm down.

“No! I hate you! Because of you! My red balloon flew away! I will never see it again! I hate you Henry! I hate you!” she kept sobbing and sobbing, endlessly.

“Hey... I’m really sorry... I was just teasing you. I’m really sorry (Y/N).” Henry had a sad face on too. He really was sorry. The reason that he just kept teasing (Y/N) is because he likes her. From the very start, he always liked her. So he tried teasing her to get her attention. But (Y/N) seemed to just take it seriously. She thinks that Henry was just a big bully.

“You’re such a meanie Henry! Why do you always bully me? I really hate you! Can you change, at least for once?” she yelled at his face.

“I’m not a bully. I do want to change but I don’t know how...” he said in a gloomy voice.

(Y/N)’s cries started to disappear by the moment. “Look, I’m really sorry. I really am.” He tried convincing her once again. She looked up at him then said, “You don’t know how to change?”

“Yep... I don’t know where to start.” He rubbed the back of his neck.

“Let’s make a deal!” she suggested.

“Deal?” she nodded. “What kind of deal?” he asked.

“If I can change you, you will have to grant me a wish. Okay?” she held out her pinky as a symbol for the deal.

“Okay deal!” Henry agreed. They pinky-squared in agree.

Years passed, (Y/N) never left Henry’s side. They became best-friends. Feelings passed through each other thru the years, and they eventually became lovers. Thru these years, Henry did changed. And this was all because of (Y/N)’s doings.

A year later, (Y/N) was brought to the hospital’s emergency room. Her mom and brother, Kris, was so worried. She just collapsed inside the house. Kris tried comforting their mom who was currently crying with all her heart. The doctor came out and spoke with (Y/N)’s mom.

“I’m sorry to say this but, she has Stage IV, Cervical Cancer.” the doctor said in a disappointed tone. The mother gasped in disbelief. “What? How? Why? She seemed to be so energetic every day. She seemed fine. How could this be doctor?” she really was worried about her daughter.

“Well, we found a large lump in her cervix. Maybe she had some pains that occurred to her but she doesn’t seem to say it to you Ma’am.” He explained.

“Can you operate her? Please let my precious daughter live!” she kept pleading to the doctor.

“I’m very sorry, but we can’t. The lump is too big for us to even operate.”

“How about chemotherapy?” Kris suggested.

“We can execute that. But Chemotherapy kills bad cells and also good cells. So it will be just hard for her even more. For now, maybe she will just live for two weeks or so.” The doctor explained.

(Y/N)’s mom almost fell from her knees. Luckily, Kris caught her. She started to cry loudly. “My daughter...” she said in her cry. Kris kept comforting her.

“We will take her to her own room now.” The nurse said. Kris just nodded. Still comforting her mom.

The next day, Henry heard the news that (Y/N) was in the hospital. He hurriedly went to hospital where she was admitted.

“Umm... Excuse me miss. Is there a patient named (Y/N) Wu, here?” he asked the nurse in the nurse station.

“Just wait for a moment, sir. I’ll just check it.” The nurse searched for the name. “She’s in room number 406.”

“Okay thanks!” he hurriedly took the elevator to the 4th floor. He saw Kris that just went out from a room. “Kris!” he called out.

Kris turned and saw Henry who looked so tired. “Yo! Henry!” he waved.

“You’re just in time. Can you look out for (Y/N)? For just two hours or so. Mom’s coming later. And I need to go to my class later.” He said.

“How is she?” Henry asked.

“A bit depressed. I know it. But she seems to smile almost every time.” Kris explained. “I got to go now dude. Take good care of her.” He patted him on his shoulder then left.

Henry went inside the room quietly. He saw (Y/N) quietly looking out the window.

“Hey...” he called out. (Y/N) looked at Henry with a smile on her face.

“How are you? I was so worried about you. Why didn’t you tell me?” he asked.

The once smiling face became a frown. “I’m very sorry.” Suddenly, tears started to fall from her face one by one. Henry saw this and wiped it away. “Hey... There’s no need for you to be sorry.” He continued wiping away her tears. He started to sing, 1-4-3(I Love You), to her to make her calm.

Finally, she smiled. “Hey, do you remember our deal when we were kids?” she asked.

“You mean THAT deal?”

“Yeah... Henry, you’ve changed so much. I know it.” She smiled.

“I guess, yes... Maybe I did change. And this was all thanks to you. You changed me. And as promise, I will grant you one wish.” He caressed her in his arms.

She just smiled, looking at Henry.

“So? What’s your wish?” he asked.

“Promise me you’ll grant it?” she looked straight into his eyes.

“I promise. Whatever it is, i will grant it. Even if you ask me to move the moon; Even if you ask me to move the hills; I will do all this for you. I will take up any challenge for you.” He smiled.

“Okay then. Well, here’s my wish.” She hugged Henry straightforward. She was about to tear up but she was keeping it to herself just for the moment.

“You know I love you, r-right?” she started to stutter.

“Yes. I know that. And I love you too. You know that.” He answered.

“Yes, I do know that.” She said. “And because of that, I want you to be happy for the rest of your life.” Her hug became tighter by the minute.

“I’m always happy. And that’s because of you. You’re the one that makes me happy.” He explained.

Tears started to fall down, one by one, from her face. Henry noticed it.

“What’s wrong?” he asked. Trying to break free from the hug just to see what’s going on.

“Nothing, nothing.” She just tightened the hug then wiped away her tears. “Well, I’ll just cut to the chase. Here’s my wish.” Henry just nodded.

“I wish, when I leave this world. You would let me go freely. I want you to be happy even if I leave this world. Meet new people which can make you happy even though I’m not there. That’s my wish.”

Henry didn’t say a word. He just hugged back. But he, too, was crying. “I can’t. I love you so much that I can’t let you go easily.” He hugged you tightly. His head was on your shoulders.

“Please... That’s my wish. You promised me. So please... please grant it.” She was crying.

“I’ll try...” Henry said with a gloomy voice.

Two months passed. It was (Y/N)’s funeral. Her mom was crying endlessly. She couldn’t accept that her daughter just left her. Kris could just only comfort her mother. At the same time, he was crying. Although he wasn’t that close to her little sister, she still was her sister at the end. Everyone who knew her paid their condolences for her death. Even some of her close friends cried endlessly. But there was one person who was missing.

And that was Henry. He didn’t attend the funeral. No one knew what happened to him recently.

A week passed. Someone was in front of (Y/N)’s grave. He was holding a red balloon.

It was Henry.

“Hey (Y/N)... How are you? Sorry I didn’t attend your special day, you know I can’t handle so much drama? So I just went today. Sorry if it took me long to come visit you. I was trying to prepare myself for the truth. And here you are, in front of me, sleeping an eternal sleep. I miss you. And now, I’m also going to grant your wish.” He kneeled down in front of her tomb.

“I love you so much (Y/N)... And this is really hard for me to do. But I will still do so. Because this is what I promised you...” a tear dropped at the grass.

“I love you... Goodbye...” he let go of the red balloon that he was holding. He left while crying endlessly. But he did it. He let go of you. He granted your wish even though it was really hard for him. But he will always know that you are always there for him.

 

 

 

 

END



The feels T^T

  

Hope you guys enjoy this story... Let me know how you think of it. good comments or bad... Just let me know~