Pocketmyun

Pocketmyun

Junmyeon thought it was a cute pet name. Pocket hyung, Zitao would call him. Would curl up around him and purr into his ears about how much he loved his Pocket hyung. Unfortunately, Luhan, being the little that he is, overheard them and wasn't one to let such a golden opportunity pass.

They were seated in their separate cubicles at work, Junmyeon typing away at some report Minseok needs by the end of the day. Luhan was in the cubicle beside his, voice a murmur through the thin walls as he makes phone calls for the company. The break room is a floor below them and the meeting place for Baekhyun, Jongin, Luhan, and Junmyeon every lunch hour. Without fail, Baekhyun would have packed leftovers from whatever take out place he had ordered last night. Jongin was one of the lucky ones, mom always over to make sure he has homemade dishes and enough food to get by for the week. They all liked stealing from Jongin, mostly Luhan. But Luhan's lunch was predominantly food stolen from the other three. Which explained the foreign chopsticks picking through Junmyeon's stir fried ricer

"Are you done, Luhan?"

"I don't know, Pocket hyung. Your lunch seems kind of lacking today, don't you think? I mean just stir fried rice? Are you on a diet or something? You have friends to feed, remember?" Baekhyun was chortling into his food. Jongin, who missed the joke completely, was offering Luhan some of his mother's heavenly kimchi cheese spaghetti. Junmyeon was pouting unconsciously. Only Zitao can call me that.

"Pocket hyung? That's golden!" Baekhyun laughed, unable to contain himself anymore. Jongin looked back and forth between them, still lost.

"Pocket...?"

"Cuz look at him, Jongin! He's so tiny! Bet Zitao really could fit you into his pocket if he didn't wear skinny jeans all the damn time. Poor thing might suffocate in there."

"You and Baekhyun are barely taller than me!"

"Yeah but we don't fit into our pet's pockets." Baekhyun's snark was the last thing Junmyeon wanted to deal with. He was actually considering moving tables, maybe making a new set of friends. When Zitao called him Pocket hyung it was with so much affection and warmth, Junmyeon reveled in the feeling. But from Baekhyun and Luhan's mouth the nickname just sounded like an insult. How dare they try to mar his special name.

"Jumyeon hyung isn't that small." Plan B: he would keep Jongin as his friends but Baekhyun and Luhan had to go. Even Chanyeol looked like an appealing friend despite his booming laughter and voice.

"Please, Jongin, you're the tallest one and he barely reaches past your chin. You two don't even see eye to eye." This sends Baekhyun into more fits of laughter. Jongin mouths Sorry at him, unable to fight back. When Luhan was on a roll he could be unstoppable. Luckily, their lunch hour was almost up and it was time for them to thankfully return to their cubicles and work. On their way back, Junmyeon wrapped his arm around Jongin in thanks for defending him against the satanic duo. Jongin smiled and offered to bring him extra lunch just for him tomorrow. Definitely just keeping Jongin.

~(=^?^)?

He comes home to an empty house, Zitao probably still at work. He had texted earlier saying he would be staying at work a little longer to help set up for the school book fair.

Junmyeon was still agitated from before. He wanted to do nothing more than collapse so that's exactly what he did. He curled up on top of the bed, not even bothering to get under the covers, too tired from dealing with Luhan and Baekhyun's teasing all day. In record time, Junmyeon was slipping into dream land and failed to hear the door open.

Zitao quietly slipped off his shoes, cat ears twitching as he tried to hear what his Pocket hyung was up to. He heard the sound of Junmyeon breathing in their shared bedroom and smiled to himself. Junmyeon had mentioned earlier that it had been a long day at work. Zitao had wanted cuddles and pets and movie time but he guessed that would have to wait for some other day. Except for the cuddles. That he could do now whether Junmyeon was asleep or not.

Zitao slinked into the bedroom, making sure not to make too much noise. Junmyeon was curled up on the center of the bed, body practically in a ball. Zitao felt his heart stammer at the sight, already reaching out to hold him. Junmyeon had told him once that that was one of the things he loved about Zitao. That he could wrap around him almost entirely. Made him feel safe, he said. Loved.

He pushed Junmyeon as gently as he can until there's space for him on the bed, too. His tail wraps around Junmyeon's thigh, prying it open enough for him to slip a leg in between. His hand wraps around his waist, pulling him back until they're touching from toe to head. Zitao can't help but purr in content at the fuzzy warmth his body and heart feel.

"Zitao.." Jumnyeon murmured in his sleep. Zitao only purred harder in response, already following him back into dream land.

~(=^?^)?

Breakfast was slow to make so Junmyeon made sure to wake up extra early. He had woken up so warm and happy that he had just wanted to roll back to sleep, Zitao's purrs a nice lullaby. But one look at the clock reminded him of responsibilities waiting for the both of them.

Now, he was in the kitchen boiling some water to use for tea and pan sizzling from the bacon. The smell was quickly filling the apartment so Junmyeon wasn't all too surprised at the strong arms that suddenly found themselves at his waist.

"Good morning, Pocket hyung." Zitao's voice was still husky from sleep. It makes Junmyeon's toes curl, pushing back on to Zitao's chest without a thought. Zitao let out a noise between a growl and a purr, his right hand reaching up to tilt Junmyeon's head back. His hand stayed there, cradling his jaw as he his way into Junmyeon's mouth. He could feel Junmyeon gripping his forearms, hear their hearts thundering in synch.

Junmyeon liked this too. Surrendering himself completely to Zitao's push and pull. Letting Zitao pull his head back despite the awkward angle and the ache growing at the back of his neck. Likes it when Zitao has a rough grip on him, bruising almost. Such a perfect paradox of soft and hard and neither would have it any other way.

The sound of the teapot whistling broke them apart. Junmyeon was panting and in a daze from the blood rush and pain from being in that position too long. It took him awhile to gather himself and lift the teapot of the stove, especially with the way Zitao is mouthing kisses onto the nape of his neck as if in apology.

"Tao, I have to get breakfast ready," Junmyeon giggled not complaining in the least. Zitao whined.

"You can still cook with me hugging you, can't you? I don't want to let you go."

"We spent the whole night cuddling!"

"That's never enough time." Junmyeon sighed but gave in to awkwardly waddling around the kitchen till the food was ready and set on the table.

 

After breakfast, Junmyeon was at the door saying goodbye to Zitao as he headed out the door for work.

"I'll see you after work, awake this time?" Junmyeon blushed. He had never got around to telling Zitao about the teasing. Now, though, it seemed almost irrelevant.

"I promise I'll be awake. We can watch that movie you keep talking about." Zitao beamed and sloppily kissed Junmyeon all over the face. He laughed before finally landing one on his lips and staying there for a minute too long. Junmyeon was pushing him away and Zitao's tail curled around Junmyeon's thigh possessively. He didn't want to go.

"You're going to be extra late if you keep this up," he chided. Zitao put on his best pout but Junmyeon only pushed him harder.

"Ok, ok. I'm going. Have a good day at work! Love you, Pocket hyung~" Zitao whispered the last part into the crown of Junmyeon's head before kissing him there.

It's with a full and happy heart that Junmyeon headed off to work with.

"Good morning, tiny hyung!"

"Pocketmyun sure looks happy this morning!" Junmyeon whirled around to stare at Baekhyun and Luhan. Tiny hyung??? Pocketmyun?!?!?!

"Jongin told us yesterday that Sehun that Zitao had told him only he could call you Pocket hyung," Baekhyun explained. "Some weird pet names you got going on there but, as your friends, we respect that."

"But- right now-"

"So we decided to come up with nicknames of our own!" Liuhan exclaimed. "Admittedly, our nickname isn't all that original but you gotta admit Pocketmyun is pretty cute."

"Oh, definitely. Well, time for work. See you for lunch, Pocketmyun!"

Junmyeon was going to kill them. Junmyeon would kill them, leave a note of apology to Minseok and Jongin, then take Zitao far, far away. Then he could have his happy, peaceful life. Far, far, far away from the satanic duo.