Chapter 3: Introductions

Lucky Draw

Wow. I'm really sorry that it's been so long!!! I actually wrote this a really long time ago, but it was short and I wanted to add more to it, but I hit a massive writer's block and I finally decided to just upload it as it is, because I like it this short and sweet, and you guys have been waiting for far too long! Thanks for leaving comments and subs even though I've been gone!!!


“What’s your name?”

“Pyo Jihoon, at your service.” One of the first things Jiho had ever taught him was to never reveal his full, real name to a stranger, but the way Taeil was pushing his glasses higher onto his face was so disarmingly charming, that Jihoon could barely think straight.

“Lee Taeil, it’s nice to meet you, despite your ruckus and juvenile behaviour.” Instead of a quick, idiotic comeback, Jihoon allowed himself to accept the rude jab in order to not cause any hostile relations with the only person Jihoon’s ever seen wear the ugly school uniform so cutely before.

Jihoon couldn’t think of a single reason that he’d never noticed Lee Taeil, senior by two years, before. Everything about Taeil was endearing, especially the way he was reaching for a book on the highest shelf.

Jihoon had since abandoned his smartphone game for the better entertainment that was Lee Taeil. He silently followed Taeil around the library, weaving through the rows of shelves to collect the books he needed to study. That’s how they found themselves in the biology section of the library, the book Taeil needed being on the top shelf. He’d jumped for it after a moment of hesitation, only for his fingers to brush against the thick spine of the textbook, almost mocking him in a way. Sighing, Taeil turned around to grab the nearby wooden stool, but Jihoon had beat him to it, reaching for the book with ease someone of Taeil’s height would never know.

“Thanks.” He said, after a moment of hesitation, huffing under his breath and making a quick grab for the book, only for his fingers to fatally brush against it again, as Jihoon pulled it out of his reach, a stupid, stupid smug grin on his face. For someone who was half Jihoon’s size, Taeil sure wanted to hit his face right now.

“Say please.” His smile was infuriating.

“How about no?” Taeil shot back, reaching for the book again, only for his fingers to yet again brush the book in a bittersweet manner. “I don’t have time for this, Pyo Jihoon.”

Something about the way his name sounded on Taeil’s tongue made Jihoon’s breath catch in his throat, but dealing with hundreds of older kids had proven its use, as Jihoon quickly regained his composure.

“Then it’s simple. Say. Please.” Jihoon didn’t know why he was playing this game. He had never been one for gentle games and playful teasing, but Taeil’s bottom lip was sticking out already, so there.

After many [embarrassing] futile attempts at snatching the book, Taeil settled down with a huff, murmuring something under his breath.

“What.”

“I said, PLEASE.”

“Please what?”

“PLEASE give me the book.”

“Please give me the book who?”

“PLEASE give me the book, PYO JIHOON.”

“Well, since you asked so nicely,” Jihoon lowered the book a tad, just to see Taeil reach for it, before giving a short jump, and snatching the book firmly out of Jihoon’s hands.

“Why don’t you just leave me alone? Didn’t you have a game on your phone? Why don’t you play that instead?”

“A game isn’t as cute as you.”
Red coloured Taeil’s cheeks as blood flooded to his face. His neck felt strangely hot.

“S-Shut up!”

Taeil cursed himself. What a great way to make friends; completely show your illiteracy and inability to communicate under pressure!11!!!!1!!!1

“I don’t have time to play with you. Now, if you’ll let me pass…” As Taeil tried to get past Jihoon, he was blocked by a hand on his arm.

“W-Wait. Could I stay with you? Just this once? There’s nothing else to do here anyway.”

Taeil was sceptical about the whole ordeal, but agreed with a small nod, against everything his mind told him to do. Jihoon couldn’t help the smile across his face.