Chapter 1

Seeking For Happiness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She walks leisurely. If someone sees her, she or he might think that she is happy, no problem, no sadism or whatever. She can’t be the way she is. No one can read her because she is trying to hide everything from others. She got no friends because she is a person that doesn’t even fall in the social world; let’s just admit that she is a boring kind of person.

She went to the middle of the city just by bus and sometimes she ride in the subway train. Not long after she walks from the bus stop, she decided to halts at her all-time-favourite coffee shop. She got a digital camera hanging on her neck. She is easy with simple outfit with her hair up as messy bun. She could say that she is not attractive compare to her coeval girls out there.

“May I have an iced Americano coffee for me, please?” She give a slight smile.

It’s still 10 in the morning and most of the seats are empty since it is weekdays, and everyone seems to be very busy even her mother is one of the busy persons. Don’t mention about her father, all the time, he had no quality time with family.

Min Young is an open person but sometime, when she reaches her limit, she will explode but still it is okay because she can control herself.

She sits near the transparent wall and a busy city view can be seen by her. She sips his coffee then suddenly she recalls yesterday’s matter. She sighs.

 

 

“I’m going to marry with no one even if you force me to, which is actually, you’re forcing me now. I’m sorry, I can’t.”

Then she ran up the stairs. She usually protests but none of her parents heard what would she said. She is always Lee Min Young. Got a father but 2 mothers, the new mother is called stepmonster by herself and she got a quick slap, by her father, on her cheek upon muttered the word in front of Lee Soo Ra, the ‘stepmonster’. She was supposed to be Jung Soo Ra before she got married.

“I guess you should take a lead to console her, Yoon Ji.”

Lee Baek Soo can’t find a way so he insists her first wife. As a father he should take a good care of her daughter but he didn’t. Sometimes, he never understands or care and Min Young used to it since she was a little.

Yoon Ji just obeys what he asked to. “Oh, what a jerk, only cares about yourself and your young wife.” Yoon Ji mumbles and can’t be heard by Baek Soo then she just head upstairs.

Yoon Ji’s father sit on the leather couch and let out a sigh. He is a businessman. A successful one of course. But believe it or not, his company is collapsing and almost bankrupt. He doesn’t have a choice but only choose her daughter as his only option to save his company or should it call as pride and fame?

The only thing he would do is tying the knot between her daughter and a billionaire’s son. That is a quick method to ensure his company become more stable. For him, wealth is everything. As long as his second wife not survive.

 

 

“Min, you okay? Are you sobbing?”

Yoon Ji steps in her room. Min Young could say she is very used to it but about this marry thingy are serious, very! She can’t take it. It is all about future when it comes to marriage.

“I’m a grown up, mum. Crying is lame.” She cringed.

She is still there sitting on the edge of the bed, scrolling her phone’s screen. Well, her mother never expects her to sulk or sort of, because Min Young said that she was born to be matured which is actually not really. But, now she expects Min Young to cry because it is about future thingy and look! She seems to be more relaxes and she rarely shows her true emotion. Yoon Ji knew Min Young is hurt because as a mother, her instinct told her almost everything she is sure of.

“I thought you’re going to break the vase.” Yoon Ji continues.

“Oh, no. Just cut the crap mom. There’s nothing I can do with that vase,” she chuckles but her eyes still glued on the phone.

“Your father said he is a good guy. He’s just a year older than you if I not mistaken.”

Yoon Ji then steps closer and sits next to Min Young. Upon hearing her mother’s foreword, she stops scrolling her Instagram. She only manage to have 13 followers and all of them are strangers. Besides, she only follows some accounts about art, photography and such. She is not an active user after all.

Then Min Young turns to her mother and looks in her eyes seriously. The situation is a little bit tense since the jokes earlier were all gone.

“I still can’t accept whoever he is. I need my own life, mom”

“You said you’re a grown-up, so why don’t you at least help me.”

Min Young become curious. Isn’t she supposed to help her father?

“Help to cook or sew?”

Yoon Ji didn’t take the joke so they stare each other.

“Okay, it’s not funny,” Min Young continues.

“Please fulfill my husband’s wish.”

 

 

There is tall man with charming features. He kept walking back and forth aimlessly with his tense facial expression. Then suddenly he heard a knock on his office door. He stare the door for a while as if he can see or guess who is there through it. It’s obviously an opaque door that is made of a thick layer of wood.

“Come in.” He orders then walks toward his chair.

A girl wearing a complete office suit appears behind the door together with 2 cups in her hands. She had a natural make-up on and made her hair into a bun. Instead of wearing skirt, she wears a pair of slacks. Her beauty expose as she smile slightly. She steps towards the guy that is known as Managing Director.

“Good morning, Sehun oppa!”

“Here she comes again.” Sehun sang.

“Can you please reply my greeting?” She rolled her eyes

“Good morning to my annoying baby sister, Oh Sun Mi.” He stands up then bows with his left hand on the right side of his chest.

“That’s better. You should do that often.” Sun Mi replied along with her smile.

Sun Mi sits opposite of Sehun then putting a cup of coffee milk for herself and a cup of coffee for her brother on the desk. They are easily getting along with each other even though they fight about something quite often. Yeah, it is kind of mouth fight.

“It’s lame and I’m not going to greet you anymore.” As usual, he always kept showing his default face. No expression.

“I still can’t believe that I have a brother, sorry, I mean a stupid brother like you.” Then she takes a sip of her coffee milk and put the cup on the table with a ‘tock’ sound.

“I also can’t believe that I have an annoying sister like you. Rude little brat” He drinks his coffee then did the same as what Sun Mi did.

“I’m 25 for the god’s sake just a year younger than you.”

“But still. I’m older.” He sips the coffee again.

“You’re getting older and your face might be full of wrinkles.” Sun Mi cringed.

That’s how they joking with each other. Basica

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter