One

What if... hypothetically

DUN WORRY PEOPLE THERE IS NO ANGST HERE. EVERYTHING IS CHILL. I SWEAR. :---------)

 

IS THIS CRAP LEGIT I THINK I SHOULD REVISE AND REMOVE THE HYPOTHETICALLY PART I DON’T KNOW IF IM USING IT RIGHT

 

 

I dun even care anymore I’m gonna yolo this. Just read lololololol

 


 

“What if… hypothetically, the world ended? Like, right now?” Wendy suddenly asked me, putting a book on the shelf and looking at me after.

 

“What?” I blinked.

 

“I said, what if the world ended right now?” She repeated, looking at me seriously.

 

“We’re speaking hypothetically, right?” I asked, and she nodded. “Well,” I then continued, “I don’t know. It depends on the adrenaline, you know? Who knows what the other people would do. Besides, it depends on who I’m with. I’ll probably be calm and soothing when I’m with kids. And would probably be happy and celebrative when I’m with the jerks.”

 

“What if, let’s continue with this being a hypothesis, I’m the one with you?”

 

“Easy. I would hug you and say thank you for everything.”

 

Wendy paused and gaped at me, quickly looking away and hiding her face. “Let’s finish our class duties, Irene,” she tucked a book under her arm and went to the other side of our classroom.

 

 

 


 

 

“What if, hypothetically, there is a parallel world where our favorite anime exists?” Wendy randomly asked me as I washed my face in the school restroom.

 

I took out my handkerchief and wiped my face before spinning around and looking at her. “I would probably freak out. Then celebrate.”

 

“Right?” A grin touched her lips, and seconds later I found myself smiling back. “Imagine living in a world like that,” she said dreamily.

 

I pushed her playfully with my shoulder, laughing softly. “Dummy. We’re still talking hypothetically here.”

 

She chuckled before replying, “I’m still talking hypothetically! But… just imagine.”

 

“What if we’re ninjas? From Konoha?” Her eyes sparked as she talked about it.

 

“Then I would probably be a jounin while you’re still a genin!” I skipped, giggling, as I went outside.

 

She followed soon after, pouting at me. “You’re such a bully.”

 

I snorted, looping my arm with hers. “Only with you, Wanie~”

 

 

 


 

 

Wendy strummed her guitar expertly, soothing noises sounding around her room. She hummed a quiet tune as I tossed and her bed.

 

“Are you done with your homework?” I asked her, craning my neck and looking at her study table.

 

There were pieces of paper and opened notebooks and messy books, with her pen and pencils scattered mindlessly.

 

“Oops?” Wendy smiled sheepishly at me, scratching her head.

 

I groaned and raised the upper part of my body using my arms. I pointed to her desk with my chin. “Do it. Now.”

 

“But first, what if—,” I cut her off before she got the chance.

 

“Hypothetically, again?” I rolled around and crossed my arms over my chest. “Okay, shoot. After I answer it, you do your homework. Before I go home.”

 

“What if, hypothetically, dreams were visions from another universe? A parallel universe?” She wiggled her brows at me as she nodded, looking really amused at herself.

 

I pondered her question. It did sound interesting, truly. “This has got to be the most interesting question you’ve ever asked. But I don’t know anything about it. Sure, I’d like to dream that there’s a world where I own a pony and I have powers, but you know I can’t say for sure.”

 

Wendy nodded at every word I said, still nodding even after I finished. I gave her a strange look and said her name. “Wendy. Wendy? Wan?”

 

I stood up and walked over to her, snickering at the sight. She was leaning on the wall with her arms crossed and her brows furrowed as if she was concentrating on something. I walked closer to her, the sound of my heartbeat ringing my ears.

 

“Seungwan,” I whispered, our faces inches apart.

 

Then, something unexpected happened.

 

She snored.

 

I gawked at her before covering my mouth with my hand to stifle my laughs. Oh my goodness, all this time she was actually sleeping, that jerk! And she didn’t even touch her homework yet!

 

I sighed and moved her to her bed. She groaned and rolled, immediately hugging a pillow. I glanced at the clock—10:41 pm. Figures.

 

I yawned and slid on her chair, picking up a newly sharpened and completely unused pencil, scribbling words at the last page of her notebook before answering the questions.

 

After finishing the last question, I set down the pencil and stretched my back, raising my arms.

 

11:16, the clock read, and I yawned. I ripped a paper from her notebook (woooops) and wrote ‘You’re so rude! Do your homework next time, okay? – Hyunnie’ then placed it on the top of her desk.

 

I went over to her bed and smiled at her. Her face so angelic, her features forever ethereal. My heart skipped a beat as she rolled and faced me. I sighed and pecked her cheek before tucking her with her sheets.

 

“Goodnight, Wanie. Dream about good things,” I mumbled, leaving her room.

 

Dream about me.

 

 


 

 

Wendy shook her head as she groaned in frustration, throwing our notes around.

 

“Yah!” I punched her arm, retrieving our only chance to passing our finals. “I told you to study a week ago!”

 

“You know I tend to procrastinate and cram three days before the exam!”

 

“You should really sort out your habits, Seungwan,” I clicked my tongue at her. She responded by sticking her tongue out.

 

Gently placing the notes on my desk, I plopped on my Snorlax bean bag chair.

 

This time, we were in my room, three days before our finals, and Wendy didn’t even read our notes. Until now.

 

“Read the whole chapter before I hit your head,” I threatened, narrowing my eyes at her.

 

“You can’t hit me, Hyun,” she heartily laughed, swerving around to face me. I glared at her and she gulped, hastily flipping her book open and reading. “I’m reading, I’m reading,” she frowned.

 

Twenty minutes later I could see Wendy’s head bobbing back and forth, her eyes half opened. There she is again! Dozing off!

 

I crept behind her and flicked her ear, causing her to flinch and abruptly stand up. “I’m awake, sir!” She declared, giving a thumbs up to the wall.

 

“What the heck?” I cackled, hugging my stomach as I doubled over.

 

I could see the back of her head looking at every direction, no doubt confused and completely baffled.

 

“That’s not fair, Joohyun!” She sank back to the chair as she rubbed her face. “This chapter is so boring…”

 

She looked at me. “Besides, why aren’t you studying?”

 

“Because I already did,” I stated.

 

“You’re so unfair,” she grumbled.

 

“Blame your study habits, Seungwan. I told you to study a week ago and you didn’t.”

 

“Hey… let’s say, hypothetically,” she started again and I huffed, “I get the highest grade? Huh?”

 

“That’s impossible. You barely read the chapter!”

 

“I’m talking hypothetically,” she looked at me pointedly.

 

“Okay how about this: what if, hypothetically, your best friend falls in love with you?” She asked softly, raising her head and looking at my ceiling.

 

“Where did this come from?” I almost stuttered, blushing furiously.

 

“Just answer me, Hyun.”

 

“It depends, I guess…?”

 

“What if,” she stood up and moved to me. “What if…”

 

I could feel the entire zoo in my stomach, and not just those darn butterflies people kept talking about, when she moved. I was sitting on the floor, and she sat directly in front of me.

 

“What if I fell in love with you?” She whispered to me, her eyes looking a bit glassy.

 

I opened my mouth but no sound came out. I stared deep into her eyes, and unconsciously glanced at her lips. I flushed crimson.

 

“What if you did?” I breathed, feeling my fingers go numb. I could feel my heart beating erratically, my head swarming and I thought I was about to faint.

 

“What if I do?” She was close to me now, our lips only an inch away.

 

I swallowed. “Then love me. Love me like you do.”

 

“Then I do. I do, Irene. Joohyun. Hyun. Hyunnie. I love you.” She pressed her forehead with mine, and I realized I love her too. I realized that, all this time, I’m in love with her.

 

I’m in love with Seungwan.

 

“What if, hypothetically, I love you too?” I grinned lazily.

 

“But I know you do,” she cocked her head to one side and flashed me a smirk.

 

I placed my arms on her shoulder and drew her closer. “I do. I do, Wendy. Seungwan. Wan. Wanie. I love you too.”

 

After who knows how many years of yearning, finally, we kissed.

 

It was short, brief, but it was true.

 

We pulled away and Wendy flashed me an eye smile. I smiled happily before remembering something that was forgotten.

 

“Son Seungwan! Study for your exams! Or else I won’t kiss you again!” I crossed my arms at her.

 

Wendy paled and dashed off to the desk, flipping through pages at light speed.

 


 


 

Wendy and I ran through our notes one last time with 5 minutes left before the start of the exams. We were placed in different rooms because they were sorting students up alphabetically, so that meant I was in the first room while she was in the last.

 

“You remember the formulas?” I rushed.

 

“Yes,” she bounced.

 

“Inventors?”

 

“Yup.”

 

Inventions?

 

“….”

 

“Hrm?”

 

“I can manage,” she raised her fist in determination.

 

I sighed.

 

The bell rang, and students rushed over to their respective rooms.

 

“What if—”

 

“Shut up, Seungwan,” I silenced her with a kiss before going to the room, winking at a dazed and flushed Seungwan.

 

She laughed and waved at me before entering her classroom.

 

She’ll pass, I’m sure. She has to. Because if she did, then I'll agree to become her girlfriend.

 

But she should have known that whatever happened, though, I’ll still agree.

 

 

 

 

 


 

Yes I’m back yes yes yes >.>

 

WASSAAAAAAAAP. Okay I swear things escalated quickly again, I’m sorry. Yes I know I at writing and I FAIL at fluff but eh. MEH.

 

AND I NEVER THOUGHT FLUFF WAS SO HARD TO WRITE! I FINALLY FINISHED WRITING IT AT 3:45 AM AND I THINK IM HIGH HAHAHHAHAHAHHA.

 

darnit.

 

ANYWAAAAYS, I made this as therapy (hopefully) for those who read I Need U. (Why? Go read it and learn for yourself) :--------------)

 

SO YEAH. LALALALALALALALALALLA. THANKS FOR READING!

 

IM OUUUUUUUT~