Arrival

Find Me
Arrival
She's my daughter after all, what do you expect?

It wasn't that Minho wasn't socialable. No, he loved people, making friends was what he lived for. It was what had gotten him his wife those seven years ago. Yet as he stalked through the halls of the hospital, head down and eyes glued to the ground he wished for no one to talk to him, wanted that doctor that called his name to disappear, to fade away. To act like he hadn't seen him. 

Of course it didn't work out that way though, and the doctor followed him, calling his name repeatedly until Minho could take it no longer and spun on his heel. "What?!" He snapped, his eyes swollen slightly and tongue darting out to his drying lips as the doctor peered up at him, clipboard clutched in his pale hands. "I don't have time for anything that's not important." His voice was low, eyes narrowed in what he meant to be a threatening manner, though it failed horribly as the doctor sighed and glanced at his clipboard. 

"Sorry to bother you, sir, but it seems that we need to discuss the plan for your daughters treatment." He mumbled, face holding a sympathetic expression though his voice held a tone that made it obvious just how bored the man was, causing Minho's lips to curl. 

"I already spoke to the nurse." Minho muttered, hands shoved into his pockets as he counted the seconds he was stuck standing there, wanting desperately to return home and find Miyoung cooking dinner with Jaeni tugging at her pants, begging to help. But he knew that wouldn't happen. No, Miyoung was gone and Jaeni was in a coma. He would go home to an empty house with the lingering memories that tore at his heart day and night. He would sleep on the couch because he couldn't bring his self to lay on the bed where he held Miyoung for the past years. 

"Did you? And what did you decide to do with her treatments?" The man asked, tapping his pen against the board as he stared up at Minho who sighed loudly. 

"I want her treatments to continue, keep her on the machines." He said, finding it awful that the man would think he would chose to take the small reason he had for living away. Jaeni was all he had, he had to believe she would wake up or he would have nothing. He would loose what little reason he had to breathe and go to work each morning. 

"Are you sure, there is v-"

"I'm sure!" Minho snapped, glaring at the doctor before storming out of the hospital, not giving the man a moment to question his decision again. 

He had already been told that his daughter had a slim chance of waking, that she would be a living corpse until he pulled the plug, only living thanks to the machines that they had hooked to her body exactly six days before. But how did they expect him to decide to take his daughters life away? He could wait, wait years if he had to. Even if he went into debt for the cost of the treatment. He already lost his wife, he refused to lose Jaeni too.

Shaking his head angrily the male tugged his keys out of his pocket and unlocked his car door, jerking it open as soon as he heard the quiet click, and slumping into the passenger seat with a groan. He didn't have the time to wallow in self pity, though it seemed it was all he was capable of doing anymore. He needed to work more, though his bosses seemed to be growing irritated with his attitude recently, as he was no longer happy and helpful but instead brooding and silent. 

He needed his job if anything else, and to keep his job he needed to get home and sleep before the morning came and he was made to trudge off to the building on the other side of town. 

Pursing his lips for a moment the man began to drive, passing by the all too familiar streets that he hadn't known a week ago. The houses a blur though he could tell anyone what each one looked like in detail for how many times he had seen them. Even he found it sad that he felt the hospital had become more of a home than his house had, what with the pictures of his, now broken, family hanging on every wall. Not that he would ever bring his self to take down each and every picture- perhaps one day, but not anytime soon. 

Slowly he to his street, fingers curling around the wheel as he prepared his self to be greeted with an empty driveway before freezing at what he saw instead. No, it was not Miyoung's silver convertible, nor Jonghyuns truck. It was a car he didn't recognize, a dark blue color with a license plate from somewhere Minho had never bothered to visit, nor new a soul from.

Scowling Minho parked his car, turning it off and climbing out quickly just as the owner of the other vehicle stepped out as well, giving Minho a chance to take in his appearance. 

He was shorter, with hair that rested just above his eyes. Though his eyes were covered with a pair of thick black sunglasses, a red jacket tugged over a loose white shirt that was wrinkled beyond any hope of straightening out. 

"What do you want?" Minho spat just as the boy reached up to slide off his glasses. "I don't want any quests."  

The boy frowned, tucking his glasses into his pocket before dragging his eyes over Minho's form. "I'm not a guest." The boy said quietly, digging around in his pocket before pulling out a small piece of paper that had been folded hundreds of times. "Are you Minho?" 

Minho scowled, arms crossing before he nodded slowly. "I am, what the hell do you mean you're not a guest?" He asked, snatching the paper from the others extended hand and unfolding it silently. 

"Well, my sister said I was to live here with her husband if anything were to happen to her." The boy hummed as he slammed his door closed before opening the trunk and tugging out a large suitcase. "I'm Onew by the way, pleasure to meet you." He hummed, flashing a smile as Minho's face fell, a quiet curse escaping him. 

"I hope we'll get along well!"

AUTHOR'S NOTESShort opening~ Ahhh I hope you  guys like it, it would have been up yesterday but my laptop decided to hate me 3 Please tell me what you think of it!