Double Date

Double Date

You walked down the corridor of your school searching for his figure in the crowd. However, he was nowhere to be found so you decided to go to the cafeteria as you had missed half of the break already.  You took your lunch and headed for the usual table you and your friends usually sit. 

"___! Where have you been?" Solji, one of your friends said. You sat opposite to them and avoided their gaze. "I was busy with some homework." You lied and started eating. Hyosung and Solji, your two best friends glanced at each other, wondering what was wrong with you.  "Is something wrong?" Hyosung asked worried but kind of excited at some point. Whenever Hyosung was excited the whole world would know about it.  

"I'm fine. Just tired. " You lied again in your usual monotone voice.  Actually you weren't fine at all. You have been searching for Daeil for almost three days. He hadn't called or texted you at all and you were sure he didn't come at school today either. "Well I'm sure you'll feel better when Solji announces you something!" Hyosung said happily and winked at you and you hoped she didn't organise something stupid for you again like a blind date or something. 

"What is it?" You asked scared but bored at the same time. You were too sleepy to care but you were scared of hearing what she had to say. "Do you remember Kisu? The hot boy in my French class?" Solji asked and took a sip of her drink. 

You rolled your eyes but nodded at her words of calling Kisu hot. He was good looking indeed but not your type at all. "Well guess what! He asked me to hook you up!" Solji said and clapped her hands happily. Your eyes widened but you weren't shocked at all. Solji was always like this. "No thanks." You simply said and kept eating.

They both looked at each other with their mouths open. "B-But he's really hot everybody wants to be with him!" Hyosung explained still shocked of your answer. "Well everybody doesn't include me. He's not my type."

"___, don't be like this! You can't just say no without giving him a chance.  You don't know him personally so it's hard for you to say if you like him or not." Solji said and she was kind of right. Damn, she was more than right. Besides, you weren't dating anyone. Why not give Kisu a chance? He wasn't that bad after all.

You sighed and finished eating. "I'll do it only if you do me a favor." You said and they both nodded. "Solji,  you must come with me to the date so it will be less awkward."Solji was about to refuse but you cut her. 

***

"And why did you say yes again?" Daeil asked kind of disgusted. He had laid on your bed playing with a small ball. Throwing it in the air, catching it.  Throwing it in the air, catching it.  Over again and again. You had opened your wardrobe, searching for nice clothes to wear. "Because...first of all, Solji wouldn't let me say no. And secondly, it will be fun." You tried to persuade yourself that it would be really fun. 

Daeil clicked his tongue. "So you will go on a date with one of the most popular guys of the school just because he was interested in doing it with you?" He simply said and avoided your gaze. You glared at him because he was being annoying. "Well it doesn't concern you. I may be interested in him as well. You don't know."

He stopped talking and kept playing with his little ball. You found a cute outfit to wear and left it hanging on your closet's door while you checked your phone to see if Solji called since she must have been here already.  You sighed and decided to start doing your make up. "Are you really interested in him?" Daeil asked more like mumbled to himself. You didn't bother to look at him as you were applying your make up at that moment. "No. Not at all. Besides you know I have a crush." You honestly said and muttered the last sentence hoping he didn't hear this.

"What?" He asked since he didn't listen. "Nothing." You quickly said and started fixing your hair when the room's door opened widely revealing an excited Solji. "Annyeong!" She said to you and then noticed Daeil who didn't stop playing with his ball. She sat on the edge of the bed trying to catch her breath as she looked like she run all the way to your house. "You're late." You stated annoyed and turned to look at her. "I'm sorry something came up." She could finally breathe properly again.

"So let me understand. ____ and Kisu are going on a date and you're just going to follow them around the whole time?" Daeil asked and tried to hold back his laughter. Solji glared at him, she was too tired to hit him. "Do you have a better idea?" She said sarcastically.

"Well what if you get a guy to accompany you so it looks like a double date instead of a protecting squad?"

***

"I can't believe I agreed on this." Daeil said as he got out of the car. "I've been wondering the same thing." You said as well and stood next to him waiting for Solji to park her car. "Well we can leave Solji with Kisu and go eat something together." He suggested and winked at you.

You giggled and lightly hit his arm. "That would be much better to be honest." Daeil blushed slightly but you didn't notice as Solji was approaching you. "Okay. Kisu is waiting in the restaurant. Daeil please control yourself and try to look like a human for once." Solji said and took Daeil's arm trying to look like a couple. You followed them until you got in the restaurant and approached the table Kisu was sitting. He was a bit shocked you could tell as he saw Solji and Daeil and you held back your laughter. 

This is going to be fun.

***

It's been already an hour since you've been in the restaurant. You were sitting next to Daeil with Kisu and Solji opposite to you. This date was going great you could tell as you and Daeil were joking around and Solji looked like she was enjoying herself talking with Kisu about a book they both had read. Kisu looked excited as well surprisingly.  

"He looks like he's starting to like Solji." Daeil whispered to you and you turned to look at them. Kisu was hitting on her too openly. "That's good for us." You whispered back and laughed a little. Daeil looked at you confused. "How is it good for us?" He blushed a pink color and you didn't realise what exactly happened.

"Because we can go eat together." You said and grinned then started getting ready. "Really? We can go?" Daeil asked shocked but smiled happily. You nodded. "Solji, would you mind if me and Daeil left?"

Solji and Kisu turned to look at you. "No no no of course you can.  Have fun." Kisu said and kept talking with Solji. Daeil and you burst into laughter and only stopped when you got out of the restaurant.

 "What should we do now?" Daeil asked still laughing a little bit. "I don't know. I'm not really hungry."

"Let's go get some ice cream then." He said and took your hand then started walking. You blushed a little at the sudden skinship but you didn't say anything as you didn't want to ruin the moment.

You reached the ice cream shop and Daeil told you to go sit so he could pay. You nodded and sat on a table close to the window and realised that it started raining. "Seriously now? It's raining and we're eating ice cream?" Daeil joked and sat opposite to you giving you your bowl and noticed that it was your favorite flavor. You smiled and started eating happily.

"How are we going to leave later?" You said and giggled as you saw it was raining harder than before. Daeil laughed at your comment. "Let's just hope it stops."

***

"I don't think it's better." You commented as you were standing next to Daeil under a bus stop you had found. "Should I call someone to pick us up?" You asked and took your phone out of your purse but Daeil took it out of your hand and put it back.

You looked at him confused. "I thought you like walking in the rain." Daeil said and smiled at you. You blushed a little and looked down. "Yeah but isn't it too late?" You said and looked at your clock. 23:00.

"Are you scared?" Daeil asked in a sarcastic tone that made you frown. "Of course not." You said and got ready to start walking but Daeil held your wrist and turned you around so you could face him. "Are you sure you don't want to get a taxi?" 

You frowned and pulled your hand away. "I want to run. Catch me." You said and started running. "Yah!" Daeil said loudly and started running after you.

You run as fast as you could enjoying the wet atmosphere and your now wet clothes and hair. Daeil was right. You loved walking under the rain so much. You stopped running a little and stood there with your eyes looking up to the sky and your arms wide open enjoying each drop. 

"Caught you." Daeil muttered as he hugged you seeing your arms wide open. You were shocked and you didn't move but you couldn't control you body. Your arms hugged him. You stayed like this under the rain for like five minutes you could tell. Now you were soaking wet. 

"D-Daeil..." You mumbled after trying to pull away but his grip was too tight. All of a sudden, he pulled away with a smile plastered on his face. "Yah. We'll get sick. Come on. " He said and dragged you quickly until you reached his apartment. He unlocked the door and took off his shoes. "I'll wait here. I don't want to make your apartment a mess. So get changed and drive me back home?" You did puppy eyes hoping he would drive you back home but he only blinked and knelt down taking off your shoes. "D-Daeil...?"

"Come in." He simply said as he stood up and dragged you in closing the door behind him. " Wait here I'll bring you a towel." He said and run to his room then returned with a couple of towels and dry clothes. He gave you a towel and you started drying your body as he took another one and started drying your hair. "I think it would be better if you took a shower or else you'll get sick. I have saved some hot water." He said and smiled. You blushed a deep red but he couldn't see as he was messing with your hair.

You went to the bathroom and locked the door scared of what could happen if you didn't. You started showering under the hot water.

Daeil's POV

I stood out of the bathroom door listening to the water running. I so wanted to get in and hug her. Daeil what are you thinking about? She is . Oh. But she's your best friend as well. Yeah but it seems so right at the moment. 

I took a deep breath and tried to ignore my thoughts. I went to the bedroom to get changed as well. Should I let her sleep here tonight?

Suddenly, I heard the door of the bathroom opening slowly and then she got out wearing her clothes I gave her. They looked huge on her and she was so cute with them on. I couldn't help myself and grin. 

"Do you need anything else?" I said and smiled then went to the kitchen to drink some water. "Um...will you drive me back home?" She asked and stood there in the hall waiting for my answer. 

I finished drinking my water and shook my head. "I was actually thinking of offering you to stay here the night." I honestly said and waited for her reaction. 

"Oh...okay. But I'll sleep on the couch." She said as I always let her sleep on my bed whenever she slept here. "But-"

"There is no but." She said.

No one's POV

 

You grinned as you see him pouting. "Fine." He cutely said and went to the bedroom then came back with a blanket and pillows. He went to the couch and started making it so you could sleep on. "Are you sure you don't want to sleep on the bed?" He asked again.

"And where are you going to sleep?" You asked as you sort of wanted to sleep with him. But he didn't really need to know that.

"You want to sleep with me, don't you?" He read your mind and smiled. You blushed a deep red and shook your head. "Come on. Let's sleep together." He said and laughed then dragged you to  his room. He got under the blankets and you did the same but you lied as far as you could. Daeil stared at you and you looked at him when you noticed. "If you keep going that far you'll fall." He joked and came closer to you then hugged you.

You buried your face on his chest. You couldn't believe how long you have been waiting for this moment. "___. I love you. Be mine." He whispered close to your ear and kissed your forehead. 

"I love you too. And I thought I already was yours."