Eek! - Short

Eek! - Short

She stood outside waiting for what felt like forever. Lisa was so excited to be meeting them finally. It was a beautiful sunny day, and the meet and greet was outside. There were numerous other bands there performing that weekend at the summer festival, but she was only interested in seeing her favorite. After some time, they arrived at their booth, and started greeting their fans. She had been one of the first in line. They signed CDs and other items, then moved around the table to take pictures with the person or group they just met. It was her turn. 

She stepped forward, smiling. “Hi! My name is Lisa. I’m so excited to finally meet you!” she said. “It’s nice to meet you, Lisa,” Taka responded, smiling. The others smiled and told her it was nice to meet her as they offered their hands to shake. They signed her poster, then stepped around to take a picture with her. She stood between Tomoya and Taka with the others on either side. They were almost ready for the picture when she noticed something on her shoulder. It was a rather large grasshopper. She shrieked and turned away from it, automatically grabbing onto Tomoya. “Get it off me!” she shouted. They looked at her in confusion, then realized what has freaked her out. 

Taka brushed it off her shirt, and it hopped away. “It’s gone,” he told her. She loosened her grip on Tomoya’s shirt, then turned a little to look. “It’s OK,” Taka said, smiling at her reassuringly. She turned back to Tomoya, letting go. “I’m so sorry,” she said, “I couldn’t help it, they just scare me so much.” He smiled at her. “That’s OK,” he said, letting out a slight chuckle. He pulled her back to him and hugged her. She hugged him back, enjoying the feeling of his body against hers. He let go and asked, “Better now?” “Yes, thank you,” she responded. “Let’s take a picture,” he smiled at her. She nodded, then turned and moved back into place for the picture. Taka and Tomoya both put their arms around her, and the picture was taken. She turned and said thank you once again before walking away, shaking her head and smiling. Tomoya watched her as she left, wondering if he might see her again.