Clumsy Meeting - Short

Clumsy Meeting - Short

She stepped toward the table, behind which they were standing. Her heart pounding, she reached into her bag to pull out the gift she had for them. As she pulled it out, a pen fell out of the bag. “Oh, oops,” she said and crouched down to grab it, but it had rolled under the table a little. She reached forward, grabbed it, then tried to stand. She hit her head on the underside of the table, and dropped down to the ground, holding her head and collapsing into herself. “Ouuch...” she said, wanting to cry from embarrassment. “Are you ok?” she heard Taka ask. She could hear footsteps moving around the table and approaching her. She shook her head. “I’m fine...” she said, moving back and then standing, slowly. Taka grabbed her arm and helped her up, steadying her. 

Her face was flushed, and she couldn’t find it in herself to look at him. “Hey, you’re alright?” he asked, again. “Yeah,” she said with a wry smile. He smiled back widely. “I’m sorry you had to see that,” she laughed. He chuckled. “It’s alright,” he said, then hugged her, “don’t feel bad!” She smiled as he pulled away and walked back behind the table, next to the others. “I’m Sarah! It’s so nice to meet you!” she said, smiling. They each greeted her and shook her hand. She looked at them, then pulled out the gift she had for them, which she had put back after dropping her pen. It was a small jar of candy she had thought they might like. “This is for you guys!” she said, setting it on the table. “Wow, thank you!” Taka said. The others also thanked her. “Um, well I just wanted to say thank you for your music! I love it so much and it always gets me in a good mood!” They smiled at her and thanked her for coming. She got a hug from each of them, and another from Taka. “Thank you!” she said, then she turned and walked away feeling both excited and embarrassed.