Do This Right

Do This Right - Hoya

“Why is this so difficult?” His wine traveled through the small apartment of his while his hands lifted up to his damp hair and raked through the soft, brown locks.

“What’s so difficult?” You questioned while gently leaning against the door frame of his bedroom.

“Finding an outfit that your parents will like” He ruffled his hair a little more while his mumbled words were laced with worry and nerves.

“You know they aren’t going to judge you on the outfit, they only care what is under the outfit” You folded your arms across yourself, cocking one of your legs up. Letting your eyes drift over his worried figure, he dropped his hands down to his sides before lifting them back up and filing through the shirts that hung in his closet.

“Why don’t you just wear some cute jeans and a colored polo?” You offered as you walked over to the closet and pointed to the polo you had in mind. “You always look nice in black, and it is classy yet comfortable” Lifting the black polo from the sea of clothes, you held it up against his bare chest.

The dark navy ripped jeans hugged his legs already as the ebony polo shirt looked great against the jeans. 

“Try it on and see for yourself” You handed the shirt to him before you made your exit out of the closet. Closing the door behind you, you shuffled over to his window overlooking the busy street below.

Focusing on your reflection in the glass, your eyes critically moved over your outfit. Jean shorts hugged your legs as they were worn in all the right places and flattered your hips and legs with ease. A grey t shirt fit you perfectly as a beautiful purple single heart filled most of the shirt as it was printed slightly off center. Raising your fingers to the ends of your hair, you twirled the ends around your fingers while your ears heard the closet door open and a soft clearing of your boyfriend’s throat.

“H-How’s th-this?” Hoya pulled at the hem of the ebony polo, turning your head first then letting your body follow, you smiled as your eyes landed on his figure.

“Very nice” You smiled before you walked over to him, “What do you think? Do you like it?”

Peering up at him with your kind eyes, he shrugged his shoulders slightly before he turned his head to see his reflection in the glass.

“Do you think that they will like this?” Hoya questioned while his critic eyes slowly scanned his outfit along with the man underneath the clothes.

“I like it” You whispered, turning your head to see your reflection next to his, “I know they will like it because you look very handsome and you look like yourself.” Rising on the tips of your toes, you pressed your lips against his soft cheek before your hand found his and slowly slid into his.

“Thank you” He whispered, returning his eyes to you while his hand gave yours a gentle squeeze.

Standing in front of the large walnut door, you felt Hoya’s hand gently quiver in yours that was holding his so fondly. Bringing your other hand over, you encased his hand in both of yours, knowing he was nervous, you watched as his free hand lifted to the door and knocked his knuckles against the wood door. Taking in a deep breath then letting it out slowly, he closed his eyes a moment to collect himself before the door opened and so did his eyes.

“They’re here” Your mom called from behind the door as you heard the shuffled footsteps as the fumbling of locks followed.

“______!” Your mother called as she allowed the door to swing open.

“Hi Mom” You smiled and gently let go of Hoya’s hand so you could hug your mom properly.

Hoya’s eyes watched you embrace your mom, slowly shifting his gaze to the figure that turned just around the corner, your father came from the shadows causing Hoya to gulp in worry. Dropping his eyes and his head in a honorable bow, you pulled away from your mom as your dad caught your eye as well.

“Hi Daddy” You cooed while your mom stepped aside just enough for you to step into your house and wrap your dad in a warm hug.

“Hello sweetie” Your father’s soft voice traveled against your hair while his comforting scent wrapped around you.

Shifting his weight from one foot to the other, Hoya began to feel his heart race wondering what they would say when they were inside, how he was going to act with your father and the burning question he wanted to ask him. 

“Come on in Hoya” Your mom offered him to come in as she knew his name from you talking about his nonstop on your weekly phone calls.

“Thank you Mrs. _____” Hoya bowed to her before he stepped into the house, 

The two of you removed your shoes in the entry as Hoya gently closed the door behind him.

“Ah it smells so good in here~ What are you making Mommy?” You questioned, placing your shoes on the rack with the others as Hoya carefully followed your lead.

“Your favorite, of course” She smiles as you nodded brightly while she made her way into the kitchen while your father moseyed over to his leather arm chair, picking up right where he left off on the daily newspaper.

“D-Do you need any help?” Hoya offered while he stayed close to your side just like a shy child.

“I think I can manage, but thank you for the offer” Your mother skipped into the kitchen as Hoya fiddled with his hands in front of him.

“Should I give you a tour?” You leaned over to Hoya as his head perked up, turning his head to look into his eyes.

“I would like that~” A smile curled onto his lips while the words rolled off his tongue. Peering over, Hoya saw your father stare him down from over the frame of his glasses and his black and white newspaper. Clearing his throat, he quietly shifted one foot to the other.

“You already met our front door” You smile as your hand gently slid into his, feeling his hand tense once yours slipped into his.

“I-I did” Hoya stuttered in a barely audible whisper

“Here is the kitchen” You headed over to the doorway as your mother moved busily about. Holding his nervous hand a little tighter, you felt his fingers slowly wrap around your hand while his chocolate orbs wondered around the kitchen.

“Over there is the living room and my dad is sitting in his spot.” You pointed to him as you watched him flip another page over on his newspaper. “You shouldn’t sit in his spot, he will get angry” You warned while Hoya duly noted your warning.

“Come on and I will show you my room” You called a little louder than you should have. Your father’s eyes shot up and glared at Hoya, stopping in his tracks, you looked back at Hoya. Tugging on his hand a little his attention shifted back to you.

“Keep the door open” Your father’s stern voice called out to you.

“Go get your brother off of his play box and tell him dinner is about ready too, please” Your mother called as you nodded

“Sure” You replied before you whispered for Hoya to come, with a little encouragement, Hoya slowly walked behind you

Heading down the corridor, you opened your door and pushed it fully open. Feeling Hoya’s hand in yours change a totally different dynamic he squeezed your hand back a little.

“Do you like it? I decorated it myself” You turned and watched his reaction as his eyes were wide, slowly scanning the walls of your room as his pink lips slowly parted leaving his mouth slightly agape.

“How did you get so many pictures of me?” He whispered in wonder while both of you stepped through your door.

“Fans have their ways” You slowly let your hand slide from his while he wondered around your room. Wondering over to your lilac comforter covered bed, you folded your leg under your other one.

Hoya’s fingertips gently brushed over your shelves, holding all of your albums and nick knacks  With posters of Infinite and him beautiful hung around your room, you sighed feeling at home as Hoya took the cute message you wrote above your desk with his name signed under each one.

“I don’t remember writing these to you” He pulled one off and read it to himself before laughing and pinning it back up.

“Well… that was before you were my boyfriend… I would put those up to help me study and motivate me so I wrote your name like you sent them to me” You played with your fingers.

“I’ll give you some real ones… even in my writing” He smiles and comes over to you and kisses the top of your head. 

“You will?” You looked up at him while his brown locks gently brushed against his porcelain skin while he nodded.

“I’ll even cut out hearts for you to put above me head since yours are all faded” He chuckles and makes a heart with his hands and holds it above his head. Wiping out your phone, you quickly snapped a picture and put your phone away.

“Yah!” Hoya called as he pounced on you trying to get your phone.”Give it~”

“No, I like the picture too much, besides it would look great on my board“ You whined cutely as Hoya pinned you down.

“You can have a copy” You sang, his eyes narrowed down at you, reading your eyes for a moment he nodded and gently let you go.

“Send it to me then, right now” He plopped down next to you, hanging over your shoulder he watched you send it to him. The chime sounded from his phone, slipping his phone from his front pocket, he opened it and instantly saved the picture onto his phone’s memory.

“We should go tell Maeko that dinner is ready” You stood up from the bed while your fingers played with the hem of your shirt. Tugging your shirt down, you watched Hoya stand up and follow you across the hall to your brother’s room.

“Ko!” You called through the door while your knuckles gently knocked against the white wood.

“What?” The young, annoyed voice echoed back

“Dinner is ready” You twisted the handle and gingerly pushed the door open to reveal your little brother sitting in front of his computer with a controller in his hands as he played a racing game.

“Is that the latest Fast and Furious game?“ Hoya brightened, Maeko paused the game and spun around his banana chair that rocked slightly against the carpet.

“Y-Yeah…” Maeko nodded slightly

“May I play a race against you?” Hoya stood with you as the two of you were framed by the door.

“I bet you don’t know how to play” Your little brother scoffed

“Then how about I show you, since my words seem to be empty” Hoya folded his arms across his chest.

“Bring it” Your little brother connected another controller and signed him into a guest account.

“Don’t play too many races, dinner is about ready” You smiled, watching Hoya sit on the bed, he held the controller between his hands as they started a race.

With a smile prominent on your lips, you moved from the doorway before you strolled back into the living room. Watching your mom bring food over to the table, you trotted over and helped her set the table.

“So do you like this guy, ______?” Your father questioned while settling down into his chair at the head of the table. Nodding your head, blush crept onto your cheeks.

“What makes him different from the other guys you hung on your walls?” Your father’s question struck you hard. Lifting your head, your hands paused placing the utensils at each plate.

“What makes him different?” You looked into your father’s eyes directly. “Everything makes him different” You started “He cares for me, he makes me feel happy every time of the day, he has opened my eyes to so many things and he doesn’t stop trying. He loves what he does and everything he does he puts his whole heart and passion into.” You told your father, standing upright.

“So you don’t like him because he is handsome and has chocolate abdominal muscles?” Your father questioned, lifting his glasses off of the tip of his nose then folding them and placing them beside his plate.

“He is handsome, dear. Very handsome” Your mother smiled at you

“I have to admit he is handsome and very good looking but I love him more for what is on the inside than what is on the outside” You defended as you quickly finished arranging the silver wear before taking your seat.

“Dinner is ready” Your mom called down the hall as footsteps pounded down the hallway. Hoya and Maeko trotted together before Maeko walked up to the table and pulled out a chair and sat down. Hoya saw the spot next to you open as he pulled out his chair and sat down next to you.

“This all looks so wonderful Mrs. ______” Hoya scanned the table lined with food.

“Eat up” Your mother smiled while your father’s gaze turned cold towards Hoya. Everyone passed the food around before digging in, everyone ate politely and with good manners.

“Honey, why don’t you just eat” Your mother whispered over the table top with her words directed towards your father as you chewed your food slowly. Noticing that you were a little off, Hoya ran his hand along your leg under the table, shifting your eyes over to him, his eyes were filled with concern.

“Everything alright?” He whispered as you just nodded in response. The thought of you occupied his mind as dinner was enjoyed over the quiet table.

“Thank you for dinner, may I be excused?” Maeko placed his napkin on the table, your father nodded, granting him his wish. Slipping form the seat, he walked back to his bedroom to finish playing his game.

“______, come and help me with the dishes” Your mother inquired while standing up from her seat

“Of course” You nodded and stood up when she did as you gathered your plate and Hoya’s before retreating to the kitchen.

“Let me help” Hoya grabbed Maeko’s plate as your father cleared his throat catching Hoya’s attention.

“We need to talk” Your father told Hoya. Slowly looking over at your father, Hoya gulped and slowly sat back down into his seat.

“Not here…. come into my office” Your father stood up and grabbed his glasses before he takes his time and goes over to his spot and sits down in the worn leather. Hoya followed soon after as he sat on the edge of the leather couch across from him.

“My daughter has told me good things about you” Your father started, hearing your name Hoya smiled and felt his heart flutter a little.

“But…” With that one word his heart dropped into the pit of his stomach, “I want to ask you a few questions.”

“Ask away, sir” Hoya bowed to him in respect.

“You perform with Infinite right?” Your father critically asked

“I do” Nodding his head, his hands clenched together in front of him

“What position are you?” Your father questioned sitting back in his chair

“I am Dancer, Rapper, and Vocals sir” Hoya respectfully replied proudly

“I see” Your father rocked a little in his chair while rubbing his chin, “How long have you known my daughter?”

“It will be a year next month since I have known her, but we will have our four month anniversary of our first date next week” Hoya clarified, watching your father nod and contemplate his next question.

“I see” Your father’s voice hummed, “What do you love about her?”

“S-Sir, I love her smile and her laugh, I love seeing her go on adventures and try new things. Your daughter is so much fun and she is beautiful inside and out, there is no one that has made me happier” Hoya honestly answered without wavering or cracking from the nerves he has had all night.

Silence fell between the two of them, watching them from the kitchen, you dried the plates between the two towels in your hands as you could only imagine what your father could be saying to Hoya right now.

“I would like to ask you a question if I could, sir“ Hoya broke the silence as his hand gently fished around in his jean pocket.

“What question would that be?” Your father sat forward, his eyes slightly widened.

“I would like to ask ______ to be my one and only girlfriend with your permission. I know how much she looks to you and admires you. I wanted to make sure that this would be okay with you since she is your daughter.” Hoya extended his hand out, showing your father the couple rings.

“Why are you asking this? Your reasons that you gave aren’t from your heart, they are just something a punk would say” Your father looked over the rings before sitting back in his chair, his elderly eyes scanning Hoya’s nervous figure.

“If I had a daughter I would want her boyfriend to show respect to her and her family.” Hoya looked down as he gathered his thoughts, pulling all of his emotions from his heart, “This is the only way I thought I could gain your respect.”

“Howon, I trust you but listen to my daughter, treat her well and I won’t have a problem with calling you my daughter’s boyfriend” Your father stood up and outstretched his hand as Hoya stood up and bowed to your father.

“Thank you sir, thank you so much” Hoya smiled brightly and shook his hand.

Later that evening, everyone had bid their goodbyes’ as you volunteered to drive Hoya home before returning home for the night. The lights on the street passed through the car while Hoya watched you drive.

“What are you looking at?” You chuckled, glancing his direction before returning your eyes to the road.

“Just you” He blushed and looked at his clasped hand in his lap.

“What are you holding? Your hand has been closed since we left” You questioned seeing his thumb move over his own fingers.

“Just something…” He felt the car turn into his apartment parking lot, pulling in front of the entrance door, you unlocked the doors and put the car into park as you leaned over and placed a kiss on his cheek.

“Thank you for coming tonight. Hopefully my dad didn’t scare you too much” You bit your bottom lip slightly knowing how intimidating your father can be.

“Don’t worry, he didn’t scare me that much.” A soft chuckle lined his words, “Now Sunggyu is scary when he hasn’t had enough sleep.”

Laughing a little from Hoya’s joke, your laughter filled the car as he played with the rings in the palm of his hand, he unbuckled himself as he took a deep breath and readied himself for what he was about to ask you.

“______?” Hoya started while your laughter faded and a hum for him to continue spill from your lips. “I wanted to ask you something….“

“Alright” You turned yourself in the driver’s seat so you were mostly facing him.

“Our four month anniversary of our first date is coming up soon and I don’t know any better way to spend it with my girlfriend” Hoya opened his hand showing you the two matching rings as your breath got swept out of your lungs. “Will you be my girlfriend? I already got permission from your father.”

“Yo-You got permission from my f-father?” You questioned as your heart began to pound against your ribs.

“I wanted to do this right” He his bottom lip then pulled his lower lip between his teeth as his pearly whites cautiously bit down on his plump lips.

“Well you did” You whispered before leaning over and kissing his cheek. “I would love to be your girlfriend”

Turning his head slightly, he pressed his lips gently against yours. Tipping your head to one side and his to the other, he carefully kissed you not holding back on the love spilling from his lips to yours. Brushing one of his hands across your cheek, he pulled away just slightly as his free hand gently slid the ring onto your finger as you slid the other ring onto his making it official that you were his and he was yours.