Shocking News

Romantiques et Latte

It’s Saturday morning and it’s in the middle of the month, so, people are gathered there.

‘café au gateau’

“Jaejoong oppa, when will the shop be open? Please, I’m already starving!” A girl shout loudly and followed by the fuss by the tenths girls behind her. Jaejoong just smiled gently, “Wait for another minute, please, I’m sure you won’t miss a cake!” He said.

“Oppa! Why are you so handsome? Will you marry me?” another girl from nowhere in the crowd shouted and the other girls laughed. Jaejoong also just laughed and waved his hand to the crowd in front of him.

“Okay, it’s time! Count down! 5…4….”
“3…2…1…” All the girls shouted together. 
The curtain which is covered the bar outside the shop is open and three charming people are standing behind it. Everybody screamed out loud.

Today is the schedule when the café holds a special event. The people who buy the cake would eventually get another bonus cake which is only made specially on that day by the chefs. It’s a very rare and lovely cake because it’s also found by one of the chef, Donghae. And not only that, the other reason which make those girls or even boys queue in front of the café is, they will also get a handshake and greet by those employees.

“Girls, be careful. You will get hurt if you’re rushing. Don’t worry, I will make sure you all get the cake with the bonuses.” Amber shouted and smiled which is as always, followed by the yelling of the girls because of her charm and handsomeness. Amber took a glance at Donghae.

It’s also rare to see Donghae smile happily like today. He usually just doesn’t like to be kind and friendly, but except for today because Jaejoong promised he would get an extra payment if he smiles and makes the girls happy. That’s cheating actually but, as long as Donghae gets the money, he would do anything.

And then next to Amber, Boa is forcefully smiling in front of some boys who are queueing for her. Some of the boys are secretly taking picture of her, they are pretending to playing with their phones but it’s actually obvious that they’re taking picture.

“Boa ssi, could you please smile for me?” A boy with thick glasses dared to say and Boa just can’t stop looking at him, maybe she thought he is a freak nerd or a stalker? She just gave the boy the cake he bought and without giving any bonuses, she asked the other boy behind him to take him away from her sight.

The others are just too busy to look at that incident but surely if Jaejoong sees that, he would be freaked out and the war between him and Boa will begins, again.
Jaejoong happily took a picture with some young girls and always tried to make them happy as they’re in heaven because he is the owner of the café. If he doesn’t do that, who will? Donghae? The coolest and the doesn’t like to smile boy? Or Amber? The charming tomboy who is just like to fooling around or flirt with both boy and girl? Or Boa? The fiercest girl ever! Jaejoong is not crazy to do something that will destroy his career. Although he is a playboy, he is such a good and responsible man. That’s why girls just crazy over him and he liked it.

After twenty minutes, a limo arrived in front of the café which caught their attentions, all of them. An old beautiful lady came out after her driver opened the door for her. Jaejoong is shocked and chocked. Donghae looked at him and then followed by Amber and Boa who are also shocked with that lady’s appearance. 
And then, not only that, the other girl appeared and this time, it freaked Boa out. She stepped backward a little bit and made Amber confused.

“What the….?” Jaejoong yelled.

Three bodyguards also came out from the car and they asked the customers to go away, at first they refused but then, the bodyguards start to pushed them away so they finally run away. 
Jaejoong quickly closed the curtain and all of them rushed to the enter door to greet the new confusing customer, Jaejoong’s mom.

“Mom, what are you doing here?” Jaejoong asked her mom once she entered the café building. His mom just took a glance at him and looked for a seat inside. Jaejoong rushed to her and blocked her way, “Mom, I’ll take you to the finest seat in this café. It’s upstairs.” He grabbed his mom’s arm to take her upstairs but she refused.

“I’ll have a cramp don’t you know?” She said sharply and finally seated in the nearby seat. Jaejoong sighed and looked at his friends and co-workers behind him. They are just shaking their heads don’t know what to do either. 
Jaejoong sat down in front of her mom and smiled, “What is it mom? What do you want to drink? I’ll get you some coffee. Uhm, Donghae is the best coffee maker, he will…” Jaejoong’s sentence is cut by her mother slamming the table.

“I told you not to do silly thing with my café right?” She yelled. Jaejoong gulped.

“Wh..what do you mean?” He pretended not to understand.
“That stupid event every month! What is it on your mind? Are you nuts? It’s not a joke, Jaejoong. It’s our family’s old business, we don’t want it to be bankrupt, we trusted you but you’re like just joking. Do you think it’s a joke?” She yelled long and it’s getting hard for her to breath.

“Mom, calm down. I’m.. I’m sorry but it’s the way I run the business, don’t worry, mom! Trust me!” Jaejoong grinned and gave her mother a bottle of mineral water which was given to him by his mother’s bodyguard just now.

“Whatever. I come not to tell you this but I’ve an important thing to tell you. Where is she?” She turned around and asked her bodyguard. He moved aside and a tall tan gorgeous girl appeared. She smiled to all of them and waved to them. Amber frowned, she felt like knowing her. And Boa, she is not only frowning, she is sweating and really frozen when she saw that girl.

“This is, Yuri. She is going to be the head of this café from today.” Jaejoong’s mom said and made everybody in the place shocked especially Jaejoong. He smirked, “What? Are you serious, mom? Wh…what did I do wrong?” He can’t believe he would not be the head of the café anymore.

His mom smirked, “You’ve done enough absurd things, Jaejoong. I’m sick of those women who came to my house just begging for you to come back to them. I’m tired seeing those girls queueing outside just for stupid bonuses. I’m tired of you flirting with strangers. When will you change? I want you to be a man! Stop acting childish. And if you want to get your position back, you need to behave, kid. Then you will get what you want.” His mom explained long.

Jaejoong and all of the employees are staying quiet. Yuri smiled and broke the silence, “Hello everybody, I’m Kwon Yuri. Nice to meet you all.” She greeted. Jaejoong’s mom smiled to her, “Thanks Yuri. Sit next to me.” Jaejoong’s mom said and Yuri immediately sit beside Jaejoong.

“She is my friend’s daughter and she was a psychologist but then she studied business, so don’t worry, she’s smarter than you and the important thing is, I like her and I hate you.” She said. Jaejoong sighed and doesn’t know what to say. Yuri is just smiling, showing her beauty which makes Jaejoong a little bit thrilled.

“Mom, please, can you please consider about this one more time? What will people say if they know I’m no longer the head of this café? What about my reputation and image?” 
“No complain, besides, you work for living, not for earning your image and reputation.”

“But mom…”

“And another thing, I hope you two can get close or end up together because there is a lot of possibility that you two will get married. I’ve discussed it with your father and her parents.”

“What?” Jaejoong yelled. “Mom, can you please stop deciding thing by yourself?” He yelled again.
Boa widened her eyes, shocked. Maybe she is shocker than the others.

“Like I said, no complain. You have to do this or I will make sure you won’t be able to work here anymore.” His mom said and smiled to him, slyly.
Jaejoong hissed and hit his head on the table. His mom stood up and left. Jaejoong puffed and didn’t know what to do.

***

“So what are you going to do now?” Donghae asked as he is cleaning some plate with mop. Boa and Amber are also there, moping the tables. Jaejoong is just walking around the room, thinking. 
“Should we make her mad and quit?” Donghae continued. Jaejoong stopped and looked at Donghae. “Should we?” He asked. Donghae shrug. Jaejoong grinned, “Smart boy.” He said.

“So what will you do to make her mad?” Amber asked suddenly. 
Jaejoong smiled and fixed his tie, “I won’t make her mad. I will make her hurt.” He grinned. Boa took a glance at him and frowned, “What do you mean?” She finally asked.

“Don’t be stupid guys, of course, I’ll use my skill, I’ll make her fall for me and I’ll hurt her heart. She will be broken and hurt and eventually leave this place and there will no marriage arrangement. It’s easy, right?” He laughed.

Donghae sighed, “Bad jerk! You’re such a bastard, Jaejoong.” 
Jaejoong slapped Donghae lightly on the cheek, “It’s for our own good right? Do you want her to rule you all?” 
“But she is beautiful. I’m… I’m just saying.” Amber added. Donghae frowned, “Stop saying someone is beautiful, Amber. I’m quiet worried.”

“What do you mean? I said I’m just saying.” Amber started to get mad. Jaejoong asked them to be quiet or a fight will begin. 
“So, you’re going to melt her heart, is that what you mean?” Boa asked. Jaejoong looked at her and nodded. 
Boa gulped and left the room. She went outside and pretended to mop the tables outdoor. She sighed and looked around. It’s evening and the café is closed. Then she decided to sit and think about something.

“Hey!”

She is startled and it’s Amber. She sits beside her and put her leg to the other chair. “What are you doing?” She asked Boa.

“Sitting, wondering, nothing.” Boa answered. Amber smirked, “Don’t lie to me. I know what you are thinking. Just tell him, Boa.” Amber said as she took a sip of a hot tea she brought.
“Tell him what? That I like him? You think it will make things better? I know he would hate me. Even he hates me before he knows it.” 
Amber chuckled, “But today you guys aren’t fighting. It’s quiet a big progress.”

Boa chuckled, “We don’t fight because today he has many things to think about. And, that Yuri girl. I have a bad feeling of her existence.” 
Amber widened her eyes and gulped the tea. She sighed and looked up to the sky, “Just hope that she won’t be any burden for us. Just let Jaejoong finish his job. We should act as usual, focus on working, shouldn’t we?” 
“Yeah. I think so.” Boa replied.

***

Jaejoong went upstairs and sit in front of a piano in the center of the room. He started to play it. Boa also went upstairs to see who is playing. She slightly smiled when she saw that figure. She just kept standing on the stair and looked up, watching the charm of Jaejoong playing the piano with serious face.

“I know you are there. Stop watching.” Jaejoong suddenly said and made Boa blushed. She quickly approached him and sat on the chair near to the piano.

“What are you doing here? Pick a fight?” Jaejoong and still keep playing. Boa smirked, “I want to close the building already but you’re still here.” She said. Jaejoong sighed, “Just leave the key there and I’ll lock it up.” He said and closed his eyes, playing.

“I think your mother is right about you changing your behavior. Aren’t you tired of making those girls hurt? What is your aim actually? Do you even have any goal in your life?” Boa said all of sudden, making Jaejoong pissed. 
He stopped playing and looked at Boa, “If you’re here to say about these things, just leave!” He said with loud voice. 
Boa blinked twice, “Wh…what? I was just telling you about something good don’t you mad at me!”

“No. You’re same with my mother. You underestimate me just like she does.” He said. Boa smirked and stood up. She pointed at Jaejoong, “You need to change, Jaejoong! You make me sick of you.” She yelled in front of his face. Jaejoong slammed the piano, “Go away, NOW!!” Jaejoong screamed.

***

A/N : How is it? Give comments!! ^^