Chapter One: After Birth

I Can't

 

     “Congratulation on having quadruplets!” the nurses all congrats the parents as they were happy yet upset.

                “Doctor, can I have a word with you outside?” the dad ask the doctor as they step outside to talk. “You said we were having triplets. Where did the fourth kid come from?” The dad ask with a confusing yet mad tone.

                “Things come up unexpected sometimes. You was it too. During the sonogram there were only three heads. Maybe the fourth one was hidden behind the three heads.” The doctor told the dad as he thought it was impossible. “Why are you so upset? You’re supposed to be happy.” The doctor smile while patting the dads shoulder.

     “Yeah.” The dad said depressingly as they went into the room.

The next day the nurses brought all the kids into the mother’s room for feeding. The mother started off with Issac (Oldest + First Son), then it was Owen (Second Son), and finally Patrick (Third Son). After feeding all the boys the mother look at the baby girl (Ayilia) and gave up.

                “Nurse, I’m too tired and I feed these three boys already. I don’t think I have enough strength and milk left to feed that one.” The mom made an excuse as the nurse found it to be a reasonable excuse.

                “Okay then we’ll give her formula milk for today then, but you have to feed her next time.” The nurse told the mother as she got a bottle of formula milk ready and gave it to the mother.

                “What’s this?” The mother question the nurse as the nurse look at her weirdly.

                “It’s the milk for your baby girl. You’re going to feed her. It’s best to let your kid know how you hold them and how your arms feel.” The nurse smile with Ayilia in her arms. “Ou, she is so pretty and cute. Here, look at your little princess.” The nurse handed Ayilia over to the mothers arm. She (the mom) look at Ayilia and became happy for a moment, but quickly snap out of it. She then feed Ayilia the formula milk. “You know what?” The nurse ask.

                “What is it?”

                “Your daughter must be very precious to your sons. They all blocked her so we didn’t see her surprising everyone. Your daughter is going to grow up being love by these protective brothers.” The nurse said while looking at Issac, Owen, and Patrick as they smile. “Oh! They smiled.”

                “Here. I’m done.” The mother said getting the nurses attention.

                “But you didn’t feed it all the milk.” The nurse notice that the bottle was only two third empty.

                “Then you feed her the rest. Here.” The mother said trying to get rid of Ayilia.

                “*sigh* I guess I’ll do the honor and feed her the rest.” The nurse then took Ayilia from her mom and fed the rest of the milk to her.