Day of the Becoming

Tiger and The Wave

| She came to him on that bleek day, beaming a golden like the sun. |

T I G E R  A N D  T H E  W A V E

P R O L O G U E — D A Y  O F  T H E  B E C O M I N G 

            

He sat on the dry ground of cracked stone. The white shirt he wore was loosely plastered on his skin along with dark skinny jeans that he had just purchased the other day. Black eyes stared at the other side of the empty container he was in—sadly they gazed at the wall. The pale hands he owned softly pressed 'play' on the plain earbuds. The boy watched up at the gray skies and relished in the monotone world that was his home.

The song rushed his body with a calm feeling. It's been many days since he felt like this, like if he was finally alive. Living in the quiet port city of Dellshore, the boy felt drawn to the wonders of water. He visited this pool many times before they closed off everything—drained the water and closing off all the beaches—and ever since then his life has been as plain as the skies. 

He had forgot who he was.

"What..?" He whispered squinting at the decaying wall. Words etched it's self onto the surface as his eyebrows furrowed as he read; 

You are more than human.

The boy's eyes grew wide as the words dissolved and formed beads of droplets. Every drop built on one another, higher and higher it grew to waves pushing against each other.  Suddenly, they angrily closed in on the boy and raced to crash down above him, trashing about in booming sounds.

"S-Stop!" He shouted at the waves, lifting his hand as if to guard himself. Then it went quiet. Not a single wave moved, and he shook with a slight fear as he rose to his feet dangerously slow, the trembling arm dropped to his side. The boy watched with amazement as the thick layer of water soared above him like a tall tower and split straight down the middle with every step he took closer. He had never seen anything so breathtaking before, but, there was something…something that laid underneath the waves.

It was a girl, or rather, a child. She bore a warm golden tone that contrasted with the paleness of her shirt and shorts. Her eyes peaked out lowly from her black lashes to reveal stunning greenish gold irises. The boy stared at the child with awe at her strange, but, unique features before reaching out for her. Around his hand, the liquid shuddered at his touch, whilst he cautiously pulled the girl from the cage. She landed into his arms and to his surprise, her clothes weren't wet like they had seemed. 

She met his dark eyes with a low glance before touching his face with her small hand. The boy was statue-like, unable to move under her stunning gaze, and as she looked at him, tears dropped from her eyes. The girl dove into the boy's chest and hugged him tightly; unconsciously, he wrapped one arm around her back and placed the other on her head.  Loudly, the water roared above them before crashing down and burying them beneath. Calmly they floated under the blue abyss, and when he opened his eyes...

He laid silently on his monotone bed, in this monotone world, with a small child in his arms that would bring the key to his happiness.