God, help me.

Oh no

 

Junhyuk was very much aware that throughout your life a book isn't handed to you that's labeled Here's how things work -- but, lord, if there ever was a day he wished such a book existed it was today.

 
"I'm not making a scene, you're the one making a scene!"
 
"What? You started this whole argument!"
 
Sungwoon and Taehyun decided that whatever it was that had been brewing between them was going to come out today. And, instead of waiting until they were in the comforts of privacy to get the matter resolved, they had also decided that bursting out into a full blown argument without so much as a  warning was a much better alternative. 
 
It wasn't that occasional arguments were uncommon, since placing several different personalities in the same vicinity was bound to, of course, have moments of clashes. No, the fact of how aggressively it was coming to surface was what was throwing Junhyuk off. (And the others who had also, unfortunately, witnessed whatever the hell was going down.)
 
So, he took it upon himself to come up with what he thought was the best solution: drag the two children into a room, tell them to resolve the issue there, and close the door behind him while simultaneously praying they didn't kill each other. 
 
He wanted to throw in his own words of warning to their little battle, about to tell the pair that so help him if Junhyuk heard any sort of physical fighting going on he was going to -- 
 
"Jun, move out of the way."
 
-- do absolutely nothing now that Timoteo was about two seconds from barging in there himself in some sort of attempt to resolve the still unknown issue between his friends. Nothing, except, get a grip on Timoteo's wrist and guide him back to where there wasn't a war going on.
 
"Listen, I know you're always the one to stop us from getting too upset with each other, but, you should probably leave this one alone." 
 
And just as Junhyuk suspected, Timoteo was having absolutely none of that. He never really listened to anything, despite the fact that this little bit of advice was potentially, actually, guaranteed better than anything he was going to come up with. 
 
"I'm not going to just leave it alone. They hardly ever argue and when they do it's not like this!" The other sounded as though if he didn't help then the world would fall apart. 
 
And Junhyuk thought it might very well be, since three out of the five people he talked to daily were now going through some individual crisis. Sungwoon was mad at Taehyun, or the other way around or something, and it was, apparently, so bad they needed to yell about it. Timoteo was now pleading helplessly with Junhyuk because he couldn't go in and fix whatever was going on. Yoonsan and Hojeong were probably off doing who knows what. And all the while he was going over his past decisions and summarizing them into a single word; regret. 
 
Pure, undeniable, regret.