0: Alphas, Betas and Wannabe Cupid

Three Elements
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Do I look like a ing ring polisher?"

 

 

Sehun perches his elbows on the sink of the bathroom, eyebrows raising every time he tilts his head to the side as he catches his reflection on the mirror. Muttering soft curses, he takes a generous amount of dark paste and blotches it on the hair behind his ear. When the white light above still catches the natural blonde, he begrudgingly taints it with more of the hair dye.

Jongin watches his friend from the bath tub in silence while embracing his flustered and boyfriend closer. It is not his fault that Sehun doesn’t understand privacy, and it is damn well not his decision to have the bathroom’s lock defected since three days ago.

Clearing his throat, Jongin calls out for Sehun and receives no response. Annoyed, he straightens his posture and leans on the side of the tub. “, Sehun. Can you leave us alone?”

“I need a few moment to- this motherer,” he sighs and cleans the dye that lands on the clean marbled top. “I’m not watching, so don’t worry about it.”

“Sehun,” the smaller of the two starts, detaching his body from Jongin’s possessive hug and says, “Can you do that in your room?”

“What?” Sehun gasps.

“Kyungsoo literally wants you to get out because my here can’t wait to pound him hard in the .” Jongin replies nonchalantly, glancing playfully at his adorable lover.

Sehun rolls his eyes and takes more of the product into his hair. “ing gross.”

“What’s gross is your desire to hide the fact that you’re an Alpha.” Kyungsoo’s comeback burns, and it hurts a little that the smaller is actually right.

Oh Sehun, despite retouching his blonde hair to deep mocha color, is an Alpha –pure and royal. And in this world, it is only natural for an Alpha to be birthed with the lightest shade of hair. This signifies superiority and their higher status.

In the past, before technology and opinions intercepted the society, Alpha belonged only to royalties and it is no surprise that every Alpha here is slightly pigmented by the golden blood. Although there are Betas in the bloodline, they are not among those that are chosen to be king. Instead, Betas are the assets of a country, served as the trade dealer and boosting the economy of said Kingdom. This is an old tale that, of course, the modern generation often hear from school and the mouth of their mothers.

Today, there are no distinct way to tell a person’s status except for their scent. Like Oh Sehun, some are more comfortable hiding their status and this is usually committed by an Alpha or an Omega.

Omegas, being the third and last of the status, is not the lowest of the clan. Instead, they are put into utmost respect because of their ability to continue a generation, be it male or female. Although smaller and vulnerable in terms of physique, they are the best partner one could get. And sometimes in rare occasion, Betas could carry children, albeit it is at a minimum chance compare to Omegas.

In comparison to the Alphas, Omegas possessed the darkest shade of hair. But even by this information, the color of hair no longer indicate one’s status. Not everyone wants to change their hair color. Some appreciates it, just like Do Kyungsoo.

Kim Jongin, for instance, has platinum grey hair that contrasts beautifully with his slightly bronzed skin. He is an Alpha too, and surprisingly a close friend of Oh Sehun. Throughout the years of sharing the same apartment, they’ve bonded over ramen dinner and beer pongs and within those short college years, Do Kyungsoo enters Kim Jongin’s life and they soon split the rent into three.

“You know, you look good with blonde hair.” Kyungsoo comments sincerely. Even if he hardly understands the younger’s decision to dye his hair brown, he knows what it feels to be judged for their status instead of their personality and individuality.

Sehun knows that Kyungsoo means well, but he scoffs anyway. “Says the person who has a blonde .”

“You’re offending me,” the smaller pouts, then his lips gradually changes into a small smirk. “I won’t deny having the , if you’re wondering.”

“You’re telling me that you have the hots for every Alpha?” Jongin shuffles and hugs his boyfriend again.

“Blondes are hot, baby.”

“ing clingy!” Sehun stares at the couple with disgust, taking a small container containing hair dye and decides to leave the two to whatever they are about to do. Something about Kyungsoo’s lingering sweet scent makes him dizzy, and he knows too well that an Omega in heat has very intoxicating smell. Especially when it is almost full moon.

Sighing, Sehun walks into his bedroom with his sticky hair and continues to touch up the light strands of his hair. He waits for it to set, doing it with ease as this is not his first time dyeing his hair brown. He takes a long shower in another bathroom, rinsing any trace of colorful paste and let it swirls down the drain of the tub.  

He knows that tomorrow will be exactly the same: working on his boring job, listening to his colleagues complaining about insufficient vacation, eating his meals out of store-bought processed food and it goes on and on like a spinning old film. Bland and repetitive.

Sehun wants excitement, something to make him look forward to incoming hours. Maybe a little adventure, anything that can distinguish his plain, boring life.

 

 

Standing tall before the wide view of the city is Luhan, a male in his late twenties yet his looks shows nothing of his age. In fact, he might as well passed as a fifteen year old –if only he abandons his habit of stress-smoking and sipping fine wine. Clad in his typically expensive gray suit, Luhan traces his fingers to adjust his crooked tie. The fact that a certain someone tries to pull him and coerce him into a heavy make out this morning makes his stomach churn and resists the urge to vomit on the nicely polished floors.

Yixing, his assistant, clears his throat to gain his attention. “Luhan, if you need the pills, I can ask someone to get it for you.”

Of course, Yixing has always been attentive to Luhan’s discomfort. “I’m fine. My body is acting weird and needy. Must be the bloody moon.”

“Ah, I feel you, Luhan.” Yixing look pleased, and teases, “How lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter