1, 2 – Say Kimchi!

Please log in to read further chapters

Description

 

If I say kimchi, could you smile for me?

 

 

Foreword


Title: 1, 2 Say Kimchi!
Theme: Fluff,  Highschool!AU 
Notes: I am deprived of fluff as everyone else is. replaced "cheese" with "kimchi". Updating Tomorrow ; may 19.

 


 

Prologue: Clueless and Baffled 

Bae Joohyun was never fond of introducing herself to the class because it included the two things she hated the most – one was talking, next was smiling. The fact that she needed to quickly create sentences that make absolute sense and arrange or rearrange the thoughts that were too many to count, made her feel not at ease, frustrated. With that being said, having a smile wipe on her face wasn’t her thing either, socializing in general hadn’t crossed her mind.

 

“You don’t really smile, do you?” Irene heard the question over a million times in the span of 30 seconds. How she could not notice when her seatmate relentlessly asked it over and over, non-stop and Irene concluded the girl wouldn’t stop either. She was irritating. No, irritating was an understatement, she was more than annoying.

 

Wendy couldn’t stop poking the right arm of Irene that was peacefully laying on a notebook that was left untouched. Wendy was assertive, she didn’t know why either, maybe because Irene hadn’t said a word after her introduction, which by the way amused her for it was the lamest introduction she ever saw. “Hey, do you talk?” she asked once more, without forgetting to poke her sides.

 

Irene had enough, she swore to god, one more poke and she’d be exploding inside out and Wendy did exactly what Irene didn’t want her to do. She poked her with the ball pen one last time, but unlike the other two hundred three pokes Wendy did, Irene caught the innocent red ink ball pen before it even touched her sweater.

 

“I talk.” Irene said with the voice full of vexation in every letter, still having her grip on the ball pen with her eyes sharp, narrow even. She expected Wendy to be shocked with agape, probably going to rethink about messing with someone like her, but instead she got a mischievous sly smirk plastered across her face, the reaction was far from what Irene imagined it to be.

 

Wendy releases the pen from her palm and went to face the babbling professor in front, the smirk replaced with a grin which Irene didn’t fail to see. Irene knotted her eyebrows, she didn’t know what game this girl was playing. She doesn’t know her name either. She regretted not paying attention to the introductions which she never thought would be ever important.

 

It was Wendy’s pen, it wasn’t hers. She had to give it back somehow, before she could even tap the girl beside her, she noticed a little piece of paper colored in the shade of pastel blue that was wrapped onto the ink of the ball pen. She couldn’t deny that she was curious. Like every other, she twisted the cap open and the ink came out of its case. The note was rolled and taped shut, she peeled off the tape, and it unrolled by itself.
 

‘If I say kimchi, could you smile for me?’