A Breath of Fresh Air

A 2nd Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“This place is perfect!” exclaimed Hyori as she admired the two bedroom apartment. “What do you think?” she looked over at Roma. Roma looked up from her phone and nodded along. “This residence is in the center of Seoul and only 3 blocks away from the YG building,”the landlord added “and at only 650,000 won a month, this is the best deal I’ve ever offered”. Roma looked around one last time and gave Hyori an approving nod.  

They gave the landlord the first 4 months’ rent and went out to get their suitcases from the taxi outside and signaled for the movers to start putting their furniture inside the apartment. After 4 hours of hauling boxes into their rooms, they were finally finished and plopped down on the couch.

“So when do you start work?” Roma asked while taking a sip of her steaming green tea.

“Oh! I start next Monday, the school still has to verify my credentials and get a classroom ready for me”, Hyori stated excitedly. “How about you? You must be excited about being the brand new manager of YG’s 2NE1. I mean, no offense, but why did they offer that job to a foreigner? And to you of all people?”

Roma chuckled as she placed her finished cup of tea on the wooden coffee table.

“I don’t really know, they were pretty impressed with my Korean and my work experience so they offered to send me over as soon as possible” she said with a smile.

“Hey! You deserve this! I mean…” Hyori hesitated “After what happened…”

“Stop”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter