Final

Group Work

Hi! Just here to remind you that "___" means your name and btw I got some of the ideas from other fanfics so... yea. But I've been reading like 9281658633769284 fanfics so I can't remember where this was from. I can credit if you tell me whose idea it belongs to :)


"Okay students, your project for this month is to make a commercial about a product I'll be assigning you." Your teacher said as your classmates groaned. There was silence as she wrote the rubric on the board. Wait, she didn't say anything about the pairing, did she? You were about to look at your best friend, Sumin, seated right next to you when your teacher suddenly went in front of you and stuck out her hand holding some sort of a small fishbowl sontaining tiny roles of paper. You and Sumin took one each and opened the roll to reveal numbers.

"I wrote each number twice, your pair will be the person who has the same number you got." Announced your teacher.

"What number did you get?" Sumin asked curiously.

"iGot7, you?" (LOL)

Her face fell. "14."

"GO FIND YOUR PARTNERS NOW SO YOU CAN START PLANNING." Your teacher yelled at the top of her lungs.

Sumin went around the class to look for her pair, and you did the same. You shouted your number like, a gazillion times already but no one seems to be responding so you went to your teacher and told her that you couldn't find your partner.

"EXCUSE ME, MAY I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE?" Your classmates looked at you and your teacher. "___ here can't find her partner, did anyone get the number 7?" 

"Oh, that's me." Said a voice from the back of the class. Everyone turned their heads to the source of the sound, and there you saw...

Jinyoung.

A boy.

'Oh God, please give me mercy.' You thought. You've always been paired with boys since the start of the school year, and you knew how it was like. They'd come over, play around while you did all the work, and go back home with a full stomach and no energy drained. 

Jinyoung went over to you and led you to his table. On the way you looked at Sumin, her partner sat on your chair 'HER PARTNER'S A GIRL GODDAMIT LIFE HATES ME SOOOOO MUCH.'  As you passed, Sumin tapped your arm and looked at you with an apologetic smile and whispered,"Sorry, girl." In which you replied with a nod.

Once you arrived at his table, you sat down on the empty seat next to him and his friends flashed him smirks. You just glanced at them and faced the board where your teacher was explaining the details. You pouted in frustration as you took important notes about the project. You could see from the corner of your eye that Jinyoung was staring at you, but you didn't care. You just wanted to get this over with so you can immediately go to lunch and chat with Sumin.

'RRRIIIIIIIIIINGG RIIIIIIIINNGG' The school bell rang, signaling you for lunch. It was noisy and ear-piercing, but to you and the rest of the students it was beautiful music. You quickly got your books and planned to head out to your locker to put them in and get your lunch. But then, Jinyoung grabbed your wrist and your heart sped up.

"What?" You asked with an impassive face, trying your best to hide the quick thumps your heart made.

"Um... Can you come over to my house? We'll just do our project there." He stuttered. 'Well, at least this guy has an initiative.'

"Fine. Have you asked your parents yet?" 

"No, but they won't mind. I'm used to having friends come over." He smiled nervously.

You shrugged,"Where do you live?"

"It's a long address. I'll just text you."

"Fine." You simply said and left. It felt sort of uneasy because you were going over to a boy's house when usually it's the other way around.


Once the dismissal bell rang, you dashed out of class with your other classmates and hopped on your bike and left together with Sumin. You waved goodbye to her as she reached her house, it was closer to your school. Your house was only a few blocks away though.

You reached for your house keys and unlocked the door. As always, your house was empty. Your father had business overseas and your mom was at the office, working as well. You sighed and scurried upstairs to your room right after you locked the front door. 

Then suddenly, your phone buzzed. You unlocked it to reveal a text message from an unknown number. 

"Hey, ___. It's me." The first text read. 'Who the hell?'

It was followed by another text that read "Your partner in business class." Your eyebrows scrunched together. 

'--Wait. Business class partner as in, Jinyoung? How did he get my number?'

"How did you know my number?" You texted back.

He didn't answer the question. Instead, he gave you his address. But you didn't really care. Or did you?


You rang his doorbell, and almost immediately it swung open and revealed a Jinyoung without his glasses wearing a tee and a pair of shorts. 'Well, he looks... kinda hot, I guess..' You thought. 'Wait, WHAT?!'

"Um, don't you wanna... come in?" He asked with a confused expression on his face. 

"Oh. Yea." You said as you stepped in his house. 

To your surprise, his house was pretty neat. But as you entered his room, it was a total mess.

"Sorry, I'm really lazy to clean up my room. I don't think the neatness would last long anyway if I tidied it up haha."

You nodded. "Okay. Let's start planning."


It only took you two hours to do the whole project, from the planning to the editing. It was only supposed to be fifteen seconds anyway. However, you could admit, you had fun. Maybe Jinyoung wasn't like the other typical boys after all. 

"What do you want for lunch?" He asked as you made the finishing touches. 

"Anything. It's your house anyway." You replied.

"Pizza?"

"Okay."

Both of you had nothing to do after he ordered the pizza. You two were having the most awkward moment ever. Right before you plugged in your earphones to avoid the awkward silence, Jinyoung stopped you by holding your wrist.

"Can I talk to you?" He asked.

"Uh... Sure?" You replied as you slightly furrowed your eyebrows.

He took a deep breath and looked at you intently. Suddenly, your heart beat faster than necessary 'What the hell is happening?!' 

"___, I... I think I like you." He confessed with his head hung low. You raised your eyebrows in shock and your lips slightly parted. "I've been watching yoou from the back of the class since you moved in the school and I.... I think I fell for you." 

You were still speechless from the shock.

He looked up and saw the shocked expression on your face. "ITSOKAYIFYOUDONTFEELTHESAMEIMOKAYWITHBEINGFRIENDSATLEASTICANBESOMEONETOYOU" then his head dropped again.

You sighed and a small smile crept up your face, suddenly you felt like you were the only ones on earth and Jinyoung looked like a prince.

"If you really loved me, then I can learn to love you." You said as you smiled at him. He raised his head and smiled back at you.

"So, you wanna make it official?" He asked, ecstatic.

"I guess we can give it a try." And you chuckled as you saw his really happy face.

But then, he did something unexpected. After he was done with all his fist pumps and shouts of 'YEAH's, he turned to look at you. Amazed at the beautiful creature sitting across him. Then he cupped your cheeks and pulled you in for a soft, sweet kiss.

You blushed from the sudden contact and he chuckled.

"You should smile and blush more, you look the most beautiful when doing that." He complimented and you blushed even more.


Hey guys thanks for taking your time to read this crappy oneshot!! 

I love you all and have a great day! :)

applepie1068