1/1

Remember me

He watches in unvoiced pain.

He watches how life escapes her doe eyes with each sunrise and sunset and it breaks him.

It breaks him every time he look into her dull eyes.

It breaks him every time she gives him a foreign look before recognition hits her.

It breaks him and it tears him apart from inside.

The pain to watch your love one forget you bit by bit rips Chanyeol to pieces.

Still, he picks himself up, glueing himself back together for he must be her pillar but for how long more can he hold on?

Chanyeol doesn’t know, he doesn’t care.

He wakes up, chest tight and already exhausted by the thought of the day ahead but he peers down and gets his strength back. He pulls her closer and his head dips down to find comfort in her black locks, tears already b in his eyes.

He holds her tight and frowns.

He holds her tighter and hope.

Chanyeol lets out a shaky breath and presses his lips on her head when the body in his arms tenses. He feels a jab to his rib but his arms remain wrapped around her.

“I-it’s me.” He chokes and the struggling stops.

“I’m sorry.” Came a muffled reply.

Chanyeol bites on his lip to suppress a sob.

“Chanyeol?” He hums a reply, not trusting his voice.

“I’m sorry for the past few years.” Chanyeol stiffen. “Thank you for remembering who I am even when I forget. Thank you for remembering our yesterdays. Thank you for remembering us.”

He presses a hand over his mouth, belated tears falling as he trembles along with the racking sobs.

 

Tumblr