Final.

goodbye

"I at least deserve an explanation."

Kibum's words halted the movements of the man walking towards the door with all his belongings packed in different bags.

"You're going to leave me just like that. Like the six years we've been together means nothing to you. Minho, after all that we've been through, I know I deserve any explanation."

Minho released a sigh. He knew Kibum was right. But how would he break it down to Kibum gently? How will he tell Kibum that somewhere along the long run, he just fell out of love, without hurting him badly? Who was he kidding? Him leaving Kibum like this, while Kibum was deeply in love with him, was already pure torture. He didn't want to hurt Kibum more than he already did. Because he may have stopped loving him, but he never stopped caring. Yet, Kibum still deserves an explanation. And an explanation he will get.

"I'll put it simply. I just fell out of love, Kibum. I'm sorry."

"Was it not enough? Am I not enough?"

Minho didn't want to answer. Kibum was more than enough. He was the human embodiment of perfection. He was the perfect one, but not for Minho.

"Kibum, you'll find someone better. Someone who'll love you better, treat you better, and appreciate you better. I'm sorry that someone isn't me. And I'm sorry for everything I put you through."

"Just.. Just answer this honestly, Minho. In those years, did you love me? Like truly loved me?"

"I did Kibum. I did. I have never loved anyone the way I loved you."

"Then, thank you. For the six years of love you gave me."

"Thank you for everything, Kibum. It means so much to me."

Kibum nodded, teary eyes refusing to meet Minho's sorry ones. "You should go. Take care."

"I will. Take care of yourself, too. Goodbye."

He let out another nod, telling Minho that he understood. Then there was the sound of door opening and closing. And, Kibum was alone. He looked around. It suddenly felt too lonely, too cold. The pain was attacking him harshly. The reality that Minho left him finally hit him hard. At that moment, Kibum let his tears out. Those tears which he refused to show Minho. Everything hurt. He was gasping for air, his heart seemed to be on fire. His mind shutdown. He just lay on the floor, crying his heart out. He was a mess.

 


Minho broke his heart. But he still loved him. Because in the end, the ones we love the most cause us the most pain.

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------

a super short minkey one-shot because i havent posted anything for more than a week. i'm sorry. tell me what you think? 

 and swc iv was a rollercoaster of emotions //sobs