Unicorn Man

Unicorn Man

(Your POV)

 

 

I’m a student. But I’m also a teacher. Confusing?

 

I’m a 3rd year college student and I’m studying languages. But after that, I’m a teacher at an institute that

helps foreigners learn Korean. I enjoy the interaction and it helps with the rent. Its a win-win, I guess.

 

I’m walking through the corridor to reach my room, where my subjec- I mean students await me. I see a new face.

 Sitting in the front is a tallish guy with brown hair and cute dimples. Really cute dimples...Wait, WHAAT?!!?He is my student!! I push any *unnecessary* thoughts out of my mind and turn to the class. 

 

“ You must be new. Please, introduce yourself.”

 

Dimples gets up and walks to the front of the class.

 

“Hello.My name is Zhang Yixing and I’m a professional dancer. Oh yeah!

 

I LOVE UNICORNS!!!”

 

“Unicorns?So you are interested in legendary animals? Nice!”

 

“Legend? What do you mean? THEY ARE REAL!”

 

I raise my eyebrow.

 

“How old did you say you were?”

 

“23”

 

“Are you sure?Don’t you mean 5?”

 

The class giggles.He turns slightly red.

 

“Do you mean to say that unicorns don’t exist?”

 

“Of course. Everybody knows that they are just a legend. At least everyone who actually grew up.”

 

The class roars with laughter. That’s the last straw for him. He bangs his fist on the table.

 

“I challenge you! If I prove that unicorns do exist, then you have to treat me to a coffee.”

 

I smirk. 

 

“And if you lose,you have to give a speech in Korean about legendary creatures. You have a week.”

 

“But the last day is a weekend! We don’t have class.”

 

“Fine, so just bring your “unicorn” over to my house” I write my address on a piece of paper and hand it to him.

 

“Deal?”

 

We shake hands.

 

“Deal!”

 

 

 

The week goes by quickly. I give him occasional hints about the challenge-

 

“You haven’t seen any unicorns around lately have you?”

 

“Hey look a rainbow! Maybe you’ll see a unicorn!”

 

His face just gets darker day by day.

 

 

 

Today is the last day of the challenge. I wake up early and skip about my house happily.

 

The doorbell rings.

 

“Who is it??”

 

“It’s Yixing.”

 

“Did you find a unicorn?”

 

“Just open the door!”

 

I admit I’m curious. So I open the door, to see....

 

 

 

I laugh.

 

 

 

“Alright Unicorn-Man, let us go for a coffee, my treat.” 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Photo source:

 

http://baekstreetbyun.tumblr.com/post/86026399981/stop-scrolling-look-at-this-edit-of-lay-in-a