Final.

I Love You

The first time Irene meets Wendy is at the company headquarters.

The newest batch of trainees had just arrived to start their training and meet the older trainees. Irene's just finished talking to a cute girl named Sooyoung when another girl catches her attention. She doesn't know what came over her but she introduces herself first, a polite smile on her face. She learns that this girl who smiles so brightly at her is called Wendy and Irene decides that she likes this bubbly new trainee.

One by one, the new trainees come up to show off their talents. When it's Wendy's turn, she walks towards the middle of the large practice room and takes a deep breath. She opens and her voice pierces Irene's soul, fills her with emotion and it feels like she's crawling into her through her very pores.

Irene is left absolutely speechless.

----

It's late at night but Irene wakes up because her bladder is unusually full. She slides out of bed and hurriedly pads over to the bathroom in the hall. The toilet flushes and she washes her hands, eyes catching the time on the clock above the mirror. It's almost 3 A.M.

The petite leader drags her feet back to the bedroom and stops in the doorway. Joy is sleeping like the dead and Seulgi is snoring as usual. Wendy is almost motionless, curled up on her side, body rising and falling slowly. Irene walks back to her mattress and slips her legs under the blanket. She stays sitting up, peacefully watching her members as they sleep.

She's about to lay down when she hears a sniffle. It's easy to spot where the sound comes from because Seulgi is still snoring and Joy is on her back, completely undisturbed. Wendy is the only one who's face she can't see. Her frame is still unlike before, as if she's holding her breath.

Irene gets up and smoothly crawls in behind Wendy on her bed. She puts her arms around her small waist and immediately, the shorter girl breathes again. The tears that were falling before fall even harder. Irene can only pull her closer.

In the morning, they wake up to Seulgi and Joy jumping on top of them. Together, they remind Wendy that she has another family for her right there. A home away from home.

----

Irene is the last to end the individual photo shoot for their debut. When she gets back to the make-up room, she discovers that their senior, Changmin, has bought them chicken and pizza. Her members are already eating, their hunger too great to wait for their leader.

She grabs a slice of pizza and takes a couple of bites before she notices Wendy fanning herself. Joy is also panting slightly but her love of chicken overcomes her tolerance for spice. Seulgi is the one who finishes first, holding her stomach and slouching on the couch, slowly slipping into a food coma. Irene nonchalantly switches her plate with Wendy's when she isn't looking, casually taking a bite of the unfinished wing.

She misses the mixed look of concern and gratitude.

Irene doesn't like chicken, but for Wendy, she'll eat it.

----

Irene is cautious with her feelings. Homouality is still very taboo in South Korea. She doesn't even know why Wendy tries, doesn't even know what it is that Wendy sees in her, doesn't know why she likes her.

But here she is, listening to Wendy telling her all the reasons why they should be together.

"I love you."

And she kisses her.

Once again, Wendy leaves her speechless.

Apparently, North America is all about gay pride.

----

They don't get to make love often, especially with their busy lifestyles. But Joy is at school and Seulgi's left hours ago, filming something that Irene and Wendy can't quite remember the details of. And with this special time for two, they make every moment count.

It's hot and soft all at the same time. They're lying in the leader's bed, clothes mixed with the purple blanket that is forgotten on the floor. Irene is breathless. Wendy uses to break her down, uses her hands to caress her, uses her heart to love her. She leaves her shuddering like she's standing in the coldest winter, Wendy's name escaping her tainted lips.

Irene turns them around and places a kiss on her chest, just above her heart. She searches for her hands and together, they begin again. Wendy moans and mewls, moves her body in the rhythm of their love and Irene watches her. Watches the expressions on her face, sees every twitch of her eyebrows and loses herself in dark eyes that only mirror her own.

When Wendy comes undone, she kisses her with trembling fingers, fitting herself into her body.

Irene doesn't know how she's found someone to keep her warm like this.

----

Red Velvet has just finished a small schedule and are now relaxing at their dorm. Joy is taking a nap on her bed before dinner and Irene is itching to bother her. She quietly grabs the maknae's schoolbag and walks out of the bedroom, turning off the lights in the living room as Seulgi watches a movie, a slow protest barely reaching her ears.

Irene turns the corner and hurriedly stuffs the bag into the refrigerator. She hears a light chuckle and turns around to find Wendy in an apron. The leader smiles at her sheepishly, stepping closer to see what she's cooking. She steals the onion in her hand and goes to the pantry to grab another apron.

Together, they begin to wash, chop and cook, moving as a well-rehearsed team.

Neither of them say a word about the air of domesticity.

----

They're in the shower. The water is cascading off their bodies and Irene is washing Wendy's back. Burgundy-tinted hair curves off to one side of a fair neck as a hand rubs in gentle circles with a washing cloth. It makes its way to shoulders and back dimples and all the spaces in between, the other hand firmly planted on the side of Wendy's small hips.

Irene guides her so that the water is rinsing the soap off her back. The pale expanse of skin is clean once again and she runs her hand across prominent shoulder blades, wondering how someone as little as Wendy could be so strong. Wondering how someone like Wendy could love someone like her.

She lets out a sigh and the shorter girl turns around to face her. Somehow she seems to sense her mood and then they're flesh to flesh, reaffirming their love for each other.

They've made a promise to Seulgi and Joy, to never have while they were in the dorm.

But Wendy feels too good to deny.

----

It's a lazy day at the dorm.

Irene is motionless, curled up in Wendy's side as they lay on the sofa. Cartoons are playing at a low volume in front of them, the soft pluck of a guitar reverberating in the background as Seulgi sits in the corner, practicing. Joy is leaning against their legs, the tip of a pencil in and homework laid out on the coffee table.

The atmosphere and mood is so warm and Irene has never felt so content.

"I love you"

Wendy turns abruptly to look at her with wide eyes, and then she's smiling so wide Irene pinches her cheeks. Their lips meet tenderly, sealing this moment forever as a major milestone of their relationship.

"Seulgi-unnie, they're doing it again!"

Irene doesn't think that anything could be any more perfect.