Inspirations and Role models.

Behind The Mask/ The Lost Runaway

"So yeah." Ji Yong sat in your small work area at OS Lux Academy.

You stared at him in silence and amazement. You can't calm your beating heart. You looked at him more closely. You see the tattoos and his eyes. He had just explained everything about his departure to you. Right now, even though you paid attention to his story you couldn't get over the fact that he was sitting in front of you in your workspace. 

why didn't you see it earlier? you thought to yourself.  He spoke and you didn't recognize it? You have his voice as your phone notification for god sake oh... oh no.

Just then your phone went off as if God himself wanted to laugh at your situation. Too bad there is no God here. Not anymore, just a runaway Dragon in front of your face.

~Swag.~

Your face turned red in less than a second as you fumbled and practically threw your cell phone across the room.

*Ahem* you cleared your throat loudly, as you got up from your chair to retrieve your phone. Ji Yong watched you in silence with a slightly amused look on his face. You got your phone and returned to your desk. You set your phone to 'silent'. Ji Yong positioned himself to look right at you.

"So. You want me... just some stranger you happened to grab... to keep quiet about you and your identity, house you for 2 months, and just live my life regularly as if nothing huge is happening? I don't know if you could tell but I am a fan of yours. Quite a big one actually." you said that last part softly.

"That's part of the reason I chose you in the first place actually. Your little notification gave it away. I thought maybe since you were a fan, you wouldn't think I was just some random guy trying to mug you or something. I took a chance in hoping you wouldn't fangirl too hard to be able to get this far. Luck really is on my side. I didn't choose this particular part of the world for no reason. I mean Oregon, USA is pretty random, but as you know I am a big part of the fashion world and I did some research. I read a few online articles about this particular school. It's quite a hot school to go to right now. They say fresh and inspiring fashion designers, and models alike have been showing a lot of promise, and have the degree to show from here." he looked at you with a grin on his face.

"Well... I'm not so confident in myself, so if you're looking for a top notch student than you should probably find someone else."

"Why are you lacking confidence?" he looked around your small office that was filled with ideas for the early spring fashion show. "Based on the sketch ideas you have hanging around here I like the looks of it."

Your face turned red. How are you not passed out right now? You grabbed a bottle of water that was near you and started to drink from it.

"Uhhh, sure you can have some of my water?" Ji Yong said confused.

You spit out the water you were drinking and quickly set the bottle down and replaced the cap.

"Oh Gosh I'm so sorry." You sighed.  "Look. I really am just baffled at this situation. Half of me thinks it's a dream."

Ji Yong looked at you blankly and then a smile crept on his face as he got up from his chair.

"Stay seated but close your eyes." He said confidently.

Although nervous you did as he said. You could hear him walk slowly towards you. You felt his presence come closer to you... what was he doing?

You could feel his hot breath against the side of your face. 

"If this was a dream would you be able to feel this?" he whispered in your ear, while he took his fingertips and gently ran them down your arm. 

Your heart was about to explode and goosebumps ran across your body. You opened your eyes and stood up immediately and looked straight at him with wide eyes.

"Please don't do that!!!" you said sternly. "If you want me to do this, don't do that." 

Ji Yong pouted a little. "Fine. I'm sorry I was just assuring you that this isn't a dream." He chuckled softly under his breath.

You sighed for the 50th time. 

"I guess since we're out in the open about everything, I do know who you are." He was confident in what he was saying.

"Yeah, right." You said in a sarcastic tone.

How would he know about me....

"When I was reading about your academy, there was an interview with you. They do it with all of the incoming freshman, since it's such a prestigious school, there is only about 150 students admitted a year. To help me try to find the perfect person to help harbor my plans I read a few of the freshman interviews from a year ago. Yours was one of them."

You thought back to your freshman interview.... oh no.

"Let me see if I remember correctly... 'I wish to bring fresh urban style clothing to the frontline of fashion.' Something about ready to wear, post apocalyptic, sort of 80's Blade Runner looks. I have to admit I'm interested. It sounds interesting." He looked around your office. "...the interview mentioned your inspirations and role models..."

You turned red.

"I have to say I'm flattered." 

"Okay, enough of that topic. I get it, I get why you chose me, it's not a dream this is real."

You feel like if you were to take anymore deep breaths you'll start choking on oxygen itself.

"So you're agreeing to help me? I can stay with you for 2 months and you can aid in me not getting caught?"

"You see... Ji Yong... I really do enjoy the thought of hanging out with you for 2 months, but in the event that you DO get caught, I will be in HUGE trouble, so much trouble that I don't even want to think about it, much less will I have the strength to deal with it."

"Then I will make sure it won't happen. And you will make sure it won't happen either. If it does happen, you'll be safe I will make sure of that. I already have a plan for if I get caught."

"How can I trust you when you say that?"

"You will just have to until I can prove it to you in another way."

Your heart fluttered. Why is he making you feel this way? You stared at him for a while.

"I hope you understand." He said politely.

You nodded your head. "Okay. I'll do it."

He smiled widely, ran up to you and hugged you. 

"Thank you so much ____! I'm so happy this all worked out."

You stood frozen in his embrace. How are you going to get through these 2 months?

"Yeah, I'm happy this worked out too..." You said unsure of yourself.

~Swag.~

"ARGGG" you said loudly. You need to change that as soon as possible. You grabbed your phone.

"Hey I'm on my way right now. I hope you didn't get too much done without me!" [12:03pm]

"Hey. I tried to open the door but it was locked?? So I went to the front desk and the receptionist said that you walked in with a weirdly dressed man, she said you told her that it was an important business meeting dealing with the props of our show? We haven't even settled on the props yet I thought? What's going on? I'm going to come up and knock on your door. I feel like I should be part of this meeting." [12:30pm]

You started to panic. You forgot to check your phone the last time it went off, when you threw it across the room. If you had read the earlier text you could have prepared more. You heard a knock on your door.

"Hey ____ it's Sarah!" you heard from the other side of the locked door. Ji Yong looked at you surprised and slightly worried.

This is going to be harder than you thought.

 

 

Annnnndddd that's chapter 3!! :O what are you going to do?? We won't know till next chapter ^_~ Let me know what you think! Thank you so much for reading so far I hope you're enjoying it.

-Ashley