Getting to know each other....Or not

My Best Oppa! ~

 

 

Eun's PoV:

 

            Miyounggie, the members of Infinite, the members of SHINee, and I sat in a circle on the living room floor. Sungyeol made it clear that me poking him in the face had scared him; he was sitting as far away from me as possible. I was sad at this; I really like Sungyeol-oppa.

            I was REALLY curious to see the rest of the house, but the Infinite oppas and the SHINee oppas look like they had something they wanted to say.

            “Ah...So...Eun-yang, how old are you?” Minho asked, looking around the room knowing that he had just voiced what everyone else in the room- minus Miyounggie- was wondering. I couldn't help but giggle at the added “yang”- they obviously thought that I was very young.

            “Guessing game, oppas~! How old do you think I am?” I asked, a huge- and quite honestly, stupid- grin on my face. I heard Mi Young's snicker; she knows I love playing games.

            I watched my new oppas exchange confused looks, but after a few minutes of serious discussion, they all seemed pretty confident.

            “Well, that PD noona said we would be living with teenagers, so...” Minho started.

            “That means you're at least 13,” Sunggyu concluded.

            “Or almost 13,” Jonghyun added.

            “So...you're 12?” Woohyun tried, and all of their eyes went wide from shock when I shook my head.

            “Nope~! I turned 18 last month!” I said, amused at their reactions.

            “SURPRISE, ES!” Mi Young yelled, pleased with their faces.

            “UNNIE~!!!” Sungjong squealed, while Jonghyun had a total “WTF” look on his face. I nodded excitedly, the huge smile still on my face.

            “AAALLLLL of you are my oppas, except for Sunjonggie!” I said, stretching my arms wide to emphasize my point. A simultaneous “AWWW~!” left everyone's mouth, and I looked around, confused. This made another bout of aegyo appreciation echo around the room. I just shrugged it off.

            “What else do you think they have up their sleeves?” Jonghyun whispered to Key, but Miyounggie heard them.

            “There's plenty that I'm hiding form you,” she huffed indignantly, “And that's for me to know and for you to, well...NEVER find out!” She finished, smiling and winking almost evilly.

            My eyes widened. I didn't want to seem like I was hiding things from my oppas!

            “I'm hiding stuff?” I gasped, “I'll show you everything, oppas!”

            “AAAHHHH! NG, NG, NG!” Jonghyun cried, his arms making an “x” in front of his face.

            Miyounggie laughed and mumbled something like “No, dear”, but Jonghyun didn't hear her.

            “NO UNDERAGE !!!!!” Jonghyun shrieked, and Mi Young smacked him.

            “YAH! BAD DINO! Stop thinking about my sister like that! Ya !” she scolded.

            “What's ?” Taemin and Sungjong asked, innocent as can be. So I decided to fill them in.

            “It's these things on the internet tha-AYA!!!!” Miyounggie threw a shoe at me. I looked up and she pointed to the corner of the room, her lips forming a stern “GO!”, so I shuffled over to the corner, shot her a puppy-dog stare, and sat down facing the wall.

            The shocked silence in the room was interrupted by a rather loud- and obvious- statement by Taemin.

            “Mi Young-ah, YOU'RE JUST LIKE KEY-UMMA!”

 

After a few moments of chatting amongst the group, I snuck my way back to the circle, sitting slightly behind Onew-oppa so Miyounggie-umma wouldn't see me. Onew turned around, and I brought a finger to my lips.

            “Sshhh! Don't let Umma see me!” I whispered.

            “Wait...So why do you call her Umma?” he asked, clearly confused. This brought Miyounggie-umma's attention back on me and I mentally cursed my bad luck.

            “Miyounggie-umma is very responsible~! Plus, she's just like Key-oppa, neh?” I explained. I watched them all consider my answer and nod in agreement.

            “...She's quite mature...” Jonghyun mumbled, then yelped when Key hit him over the head.

            “YEOBO! Stop hitting on our little sister!” Key yelled, upset with Jonghyun's behavior. I giggled maniacally; I knew how much of a celeb-crush Umma had on Bling Bling. Unfortunately for me, she heard me, and glared at me from across the circle. I swallowed nervously; She was angry.

            “GO BACK TO YOUR CORNER!” She screamed, pointing at my corner of shame. I stood up slowly, hanging my head in shame, and turned to walk towards my corner.

            “I sowwy, Umma...” I mumbled sweetly, hoping she would fall for my aegyo.

            “AWWWW~!!! Don't put her in the corner!” All of our oppas cried, having fallen for my aegyo. I watched Umma's face; She knew she couldn't say no to ALL of our oppas.

            “...FINE! You can come back now,” She muttered in defeat.

            “YAY~! Thank you, oppas!” I squealed happily, tackling Sunggyu-oppa in a hug. I heard him cough nervously.

            “Um...You're welcome,” he said, patting my head awkwardly.

            “We should probably figure out sleeping arrangements, neh?” Onew suggested, trying to establish his authority as one of the leaders. Taemin and Sungjong's faces split into identical Cheshire grins, and Umma and I exchanged frightened looks.

            “Mi Young-unnie should share a room with Sungyeol-hyung,” Sungjong said.

            “And Eun-yang should room with Jonghyun-hyung!” Taemin finished. My eyes went wide in fear; I really didn't to share a room with a guy. At least if it was Taeminnie-oppa or Sungjonggie-oppa, I would be fine, but Jonghyun...

            “Aw HELLZ to the MOTHAIN' KIMCHI NAW! I SAW SESAME PLAYER! I AIN'T SLEEPING WITH HIM!” Miyounggie-umma shouted in fury. I winced and covered my ears.

            “Um...Actually, Jonghyun-oppa is very good at skinship, neh? I don't mind it, it's just that...” I trailed off in embarrassment.

            “Awww! Eunnie-yang is afraid of sharing a room with a guy!” Hoya and Dongwoo teased.

            “ COUPLE! STOP HARRASSING MY BABY!” Mi Young smacked the “ couple” upside their heads. I laughed a bit when I saw Hoya shielding his head with his arms and Dongwoo muttering “Such a violent sister”. Seriously though, I needed to change my sleeping arrangement.

            “A-ah...Could I maybe share a room with Taemin-oppa or Sungjong-oppa? Please?” I asked, blushing. And I was not at all surprised with the reply.

            “NO, DAMMIT! If I have to share a room with the Choding, you have to share a room with the King of Skinship!”

            “But Ummaaaaaaa~!!!” I started, but when I realized the hurt look on Jonghyun's face, I immediately felt bad. “AH! No! I'm sorry, Jonghyun-oppa! I'll sleep with you if you want!”

            The look on his face told everyone that he was about to scream NG, but Mi Young interrupted him before he could.

            “You my baby and I swear to God I will force feed you your manly bits for breakfast,” she said, danger seething through her teeth. I was scared for everyone's lives, but then I noticed Key laughing his face off in the background, going on about how much she really was like him.

            Finally, my curiosity got ahead of me. I wanted to see the rest of the house now. Thinking about who I should get to show me around, I decided I should have some fun. I crawled on all fours over to Myungsoo-oppa and lightly tugged on his sleeve; L was Mi Young's absolute favorite.

            “Oppaaa~! Will you show me around the house, pleeeeaaaaseeee?” I asked, pulling out my super aegyo. I caught Mi Young fuming in the corner of my eye; her face proved her thoughts were something along the lines of: GRRRR. MUST. RESIST. CLAIMING. MYUNGSOO.

            “Neh, oppa can you show me around the house?” She asked using her angel voice, flashing Dongwoo a million dollar smile. I shivered and hid behind L.

            “It's here! The TRUE devil has leaked out!” I squeaked. She knew her “angel voice” scared the crap out of me. It only showed up when she was REALLY angry. “Here Umma! You can have L show you around! I'll get someone else!” She laughed evilly, while our oppas looked confused- YET AGAIN.

            “What do you mean, 'true devil'?” Sungyeol asked. I stared at him and shook my head.

            “You don't even know, man. You don't even know.”

            “I have no idea what you're talking about,” Umma said, still in her angel voice, smiling WAY too sweetly. I was scared to death now.

            “SO SCARY!” I shrieked before running away to hide. I tripped on my sock, of course, and fell face first on the floor. “AYA!!!”

            Everyone gathered in the hallway and at first they were scared, but when Umma started laughing her off, SHINee(minus Onew) did too.

            “Hahahaha- She's like a female Onew!” Jonghyun realized. I pushed myself up so I was propped  up on my elbows and pouted.

            “Everything she does is Eunnie condition~” Miyounggie sang, doing a little dance. I laid back on the floor and buried my face out of embarrassment.

            “Ummaaaaa~! That's not funny!” I complained into the hardwood floor. I was really upset now; My oppas probably thought I was weird and really troublesome! I hid my face further, not helping but notice the whispering going on above me. I felt myself being pulled up so that I was standing on my feet and I felt someone pull my arms from my face.

            “Aish, Eunnie. Just like a little kid,” I heard Miyounggie chuckle. The person holding my arms tugged on them, and I looked up to their face: It was none other than Sungjonggie-oppa.

            “Wanna go look around the house with me?” he asked in a caring, quiet tone, and my face lit up.

            “YES!!! Let's go!” I yelled, dragging him down the hallway. I recover from things very fast.

 

            After we had a tour of the house, I settled in the kitchen. It was already almost 7 P.M., and I was HUNGRY. I dug through the fridge and cabinets and came up with enough ingredients to make my sweet & spicy chili noodles with rice. Oh yeah, I was in chef mode. Before I could completely lose myself in the culinary arts, I turned around to find a worried Mi Young. I sighed; she was always watching me when I was in the kitchen. This time, though, all of our oppas were watching me in concern too.

            “No need to worry! I'm an adult now; I can do this!” I said, placing my hands on my hips in a firm gesture to prove that I was, indeed, a responsible young adult. After I shooed them all away, I turned back around and began cooking. I was doing great; All that was left was to put the noodles in the sauce. I was so into it though, that I didn't notice the backpacks sitting next to the wall in the path between the stove and the kitchen table, so of course, I tripped on them. I reached out to grab the nearest steady object, which happened to be Hoya's shirt, and tried to balance the bowl of noodles in my left hand. I shut my eyes ready for the impact of my face on the floor, but it never came. I opened my eyes and saw that Hoya was holding me with his right arm while he had grabbed the bowl of noodles and was holding it in his left hand.

            “Ah, thank you, Hoya-oppa!” I said gratefully. He chuckled and ruffled my hair, setting the noddles down on the counter.

            “YAH! HO-GOD! No having a cute and fluffy romantic moment with our sister!” Sungyeol shouted, and I blushed. Hoya laughed again and patted my shoulder before walking into the living room.

 

            After dinner(which I was highly praised for), Mr. Kim dropped off a pair of pajamas, a pair of clothes for tomorrow, and our toiletries for me and Miyounggie. Before she could see me, I dashed off to the bathroom and locked the door. Why? Because I have bad luck. And with my luck, the PD's would've picked the sole piece of sleepwear that I never wanted anyone but Umma to see.

            And they did. I opened my bag to find the lacy, light pink tube-top abomination of a shirt. I stuffed it back into my bag and changed into my pajama bottoms: the fuzzy white ones with pink strawberries printed on them. I walked out of the bathroom hoping no one would notice my lack of a different shirt, but Taemin did. He pulled me into the room he shared with Minho and held up a blue t shirt.

            “Here, Eunnie-ah. You can use this shirt,” he said quietly. I had an inner fangirl spazz at his aegyo, but then I realized that I was going to WEAR TAEMINNIE'S SHIRT!!!! I started blushing, and I took the shirt from him, bowing my head in thanks. I slipped out of his room, undetected by both Umma radars, and changed into the shirt before making my way back to the room I shared with Jonghyun. I opened the door to find a Jonghyun who had obviously just gotten out of the shower with a towel wrapped around his waist. I shut the door, deciding that it was as good a time as any to say goodnight to the rest of my makeshift family.

 

            I walked into the living room where everyone was gathered, watching rerun performances of M! Countdown. It was a commercial right now, so I looked at Umma and pointed at the kitchen, letting her know that I was going to get something to drink. I had just grabbed a water bottle out of the fridge when I heard the sound of M! Countdown returning and I almost died when I heard the beginning of the next performance.

            “Because I listen to my heart beat one by one~” came from the television, and I ran into the living room to see that Miyounggie had gotten up to dance. Yes, this was it.

            “Amuri noryeokhaedo neoreul gajil su eobtdamyeon neon aniradeora geojigata

na nan ireokeneun motnwa geuge dabdab hae.. geuge makmakhae..” I sang along, trying to my best to dance along since dancing was my weakness. I looked over and saw Umma dancing along with the skills of an expert, singing along as well, but not as loudly as I. I sang all of the lead vocals parts plus Sungyeol's parts, and Mi Young took the raps and Sungjong's parts.  And then the scorpion dance arrived, and I tried my best to do it, but, me being the klutz that I was, I tripped and landed on my back. Undeterred, I got up and continued to sing since this was once of my favorite songs. I gave up on dancing when it was time for the final rap, though, and I sat down next to Woohyunnie-oppa, who gave me a high five. BTD had ended, and Umma sat down to rest, but then ANOTHER song we knew just as well, but didn't love as much, came on. Umma and I shot up, and I watched her try so hard not to laugh when she was talking.

            “Uh-huh, listen boy. My first love story,” she said and I picked up right where she left off.

            “My angels, and my girls. My sunshine! Oh, oh, let's go!” I squealed, always overdoing the aegyo on that part. Our oppas stood up and joined us in the fun, dancing and singing along with us too. We danced and sang, and when our favorite part came, we all half-yelled half-laughed.

            “PABO!”

            When Gee was over, we sat back down and received a round of applause from our impressed oppas.

            “Wow, Miyoung-unnie, you're a really good dancer!” Taemin praised, making Umma blush a bit. Dongwoo, Hoya, and Key nodded their agreement, as did I.

            “Yeah, and Eunnie-yang has a great voice!” Woohyun and Sunggyu said, patting me on the back. I blushed, and nodded my thanks.

            “Ah, but did you hear Umma's rapping?” I asked, making sure she got all the credit she deserved. “I don't know about you, but I'd marry her just for that!”

            “Nope, I think your singing made my heart melt!” she joked, laughing at how comfortable we were with each other. She yawned a bit, exhaustion slowly taking over her, but managed to conceal it. I, on the other hand, yawned very conspicuously, and our oppas exchanged knowing glances. I rubbed my eyes, yawning again, and almost fell on top of Sunggyu-oppa.

            “I think it's time we head to bed, neh?” Onew-oppa said, noticing my sleepy state. I nodded sleepily and tried to stand up, but instead was picked up by Hoya. I think Umma would've flipped out if it was anyone else, but she seemed to understand that Howonnie-oppa was very relaxed and very nice. He carried me to the room I shared with Jonghyun-oppa and set me down on the bed.

            “Night, Eun,” he whispered before closing the door. As settled into the bed, I noticed that Jonghyun was already in his; he was absent for the sibling bonding dance/singing session in the living room. I crawled out of bed and sat next to his, staring at him curiously. I watched his breathing, which wasn't regular enough for him to be asleep.

            “Jonghyun-oppa,” I started, but he turned around and interrupted me.

            “...Your singing was very nice...” He mumbled into the blankets, and I smiled.

            “Thank you, oppa! But it wasn't as good as yours!” I mentioned, shivering a bit from the chilly temperature of the room.

            “Are you cold?” he asked, frowning when I shook my head. He scooted over and lifted up the blankets, mentioning for me to get in bed with him. I was puzzled; the always NG wary oppa was encouraging me to get in bed with him? (I do realize how bad this sounds). I shrugged it off and crawled in bed with him, sighing at the warmth and the security of being wrapped in his arms. I nuzzled my face into his chest, my ear pressed up against his heart.

            I was used to the house being full of people at night, but most of them were deep sleepers, so my paranoia took over me and I developed a bad habit of waking up at every little sound. I took a long time to fall asleep as a result of this, but for some reason, I felt safe tonight. I guess it's because I have my oppas and Umma here with me, and I knew they really cared. And because Jonghyun-oppa's arms were so strong, and his heart beat and breathing were so rhythmic, I quickly succumbed to sleep.

 

 

Hey guys! So, here is the second chapter! It's kinda long and random and drawn out- sorry! ^ ^' I tried my best! Ha, this was so much fun writing xD Review por favor, and I shall send you mental chocolate chip cookies for your soul! I <3 you guys!

 

~Dobu