Love at Second Sight

One Fine Morning
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shin Hye didn't believe in love at first sight. After all, her girlfriends always came to her crying, in need of a good shoulder to cry on after their breakups with their boyfriends. All the crying was too much for her to handle. As much as she loved her friends, all the boyfriend drama was enough to make her gag. 

"You are such a man-hater, Shin Hye. You have to get a boyfriend to feel what it's like." Kang Sora, her best friend of five years, was pleading her to go to a dance club together.

"You're the one who just said you hated your boyfriend and said you had enough of the opposite gender. Such a hypocrite. I'm not going to the club with you and that's final." 

Kang Sora unclenched her friend's arms from her chest and stared straight up into Shin Hye's eyes. Sora's eyes narrowed.

Shin Hye shuffled nervously from Sora's intense staring. "What? Why are you staring at me like that? It's kind of embarassing."

"You're not a lesbian are you? You should have told me if you were. Then I would have set you up with my cousin. You once told me that she's hot you know."

Shin Hye merely sputtered.

So that was how she found herself sitting on a bar stool by the Midnight Shade Nightclub bar, with ear pounding music and the smell of sweat in the air, wearing a skintight white dress that was too low on top and too high on the bottom. She wanted to tug down the dress to cover more of her bottom as the dress just barely covered her . If she moved her legs just a few inches, the dress would ride up. Unfortunately, tugging down the dress meant exposing more of her chest. Several nearby men with hungry wolf eyes were already leering at her. Nervously, she readjusted her dress back in its former place. Now the men were looking down at her long legs.

"Stop fidgeting," Sora scolded. She aimed a smile at a particular handsome man who winked back. Unlike Shin Hye who preferred minimal attention, Sora was used to all the attention her prettiness was getting. Sora knocked back a shot of soju and turned in her stool to face Shin Hye. "I'm going to the dance floor. Come with me." She pouted at Shin Hye with puppy dog eyes but Shin Hye managed to avert her eyes.

"No, you go ahead. Somone has to stay here and watch your purse." With another pout at Shin Hye, Sora walked to the dance floor with the handsome stranger following after her. Shin Hye averted her eyes as Sora gave the stranger a sultry look and the two began to grind against each other and the nearby dancing crowd as the loud music blared from the speakers. 

"Another shot of soju?" She turned towards the bar to see the bartender there. 

"Ah no, gotta stay sober. Someone has to drive the car as well." She sighed. Her Friday night could have been used to catch up on her favorite drama or snuggle in her armchair reading a book, but instead she was sitting stone cold sober in a dance club. What a great way to spend the weekend. Not. She grimaced. The bartender gave her a sympathetic look. 

"I'll take water with a slice of lemon," she decided. 

A man dressed in leather slid in Sora's unoccupied seat. "Hold the water, I'll order a drink for you." He smiled charismatically, but all Shin Hye could see and feel was greasy vibes from him. 

"Um, no thanks." The stranger still wouldn't give up though and tried to catch her eye again.

The bartender returned with her water. Shin Hye murmured her thanks and turned her body away from the stranger, although she could feel and smell the man's alcohol laden breath on the back of her neck. Unbeknownst to her, the bartender kept an eye on the stranger and her, in case the stranger slipped something into her drink. He had caught many erts this way. 

The stranger was unrelentless with his flirting. "Come on, sweetheart. No

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter