You and I

Times

Chaerin's POV

Back then when we practically stuck to each other all the time, were great for me. It was awesome in fact. We had those gestures which both of us understand, kind of like our own language.

Even when we know we had to be apart for a while, we still hold each other hand promising not to change. We can work this out. We thought that we were special.

At first everything worked out. I will text you and you would reply just like usual. Sometimes we will talk for hours.

I do not know when but our time slowly begun to decrease. You were busy with your life and so were I. We still talked but we do not communicate.

As this keep going on, I feel suffocated as you keep getting further away and I felt like I had to beg to keep us going.  But we still pretended that we were perfect.

Every time we talk, we argued. I would say that I have nothing to say but I lectured you on for another hour. You would say that everything was fine. You said that you did not like to whine but you cried for another hour. Even when we were silent, our heart keep on yelling. Both of us sighed.

We have many chances to stop all this lies and stop this entire fake mask we have been putting. This could be our final chance.

But none of us wanted to. It was too bothersome I guess.

This keep going for weeks and before we know it became month. Again I said to you to start anew though I was tired. Just like that we wore a new mask pretending that we were fine until the mask somehow washed away and silence come in.

Finally all hell breaks lose. I was tired of you ignoring me and you were tired of me complaining. And the cliché reason come out, we do not match each other anymore.

I don’t know for whom that this break up is good for.

Is it for me who lay in a dark room on this sleepless night?

Or you who are fighting depression alone while faking in front of you friends?

It is too late to fine the answer anyway.

The days before were so perfect for me and I wonder how it actually is for you.If you enjoyed it as much as me, you won’t leave me easily. No matter how hard it gets, we will never leave each other.

I know that you’ve left. But just in case… just in case it ever get hard, come back home.

 

Jiyong's POV

To you,

The text message we have been exchanging, are you reading it?

Because I did.

Repeatedly.

 

The song that we always listen to, and dance along,

The things that we always talked about,

These are all memories of you.

 

The songs that played by our favorite radio,

Our matching sweater, the black one,

I still remember you.

 

Like finding shelter when it rains,

Like resting when things get hard,

I would always come home from a hard day to you.

 

The crumpled up letter in my blue bag,

the one I intended to give to you,

is now in my garbage bin.

As the sight of it torn my heart to pieces.

 

In my lonely empty room,

I replayed our memories in my head.
 

Our time has already past. I silently closes eyes and without knowing a bitter smile formed.