Final.

You're the only North Star (I would follow this far)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I couldn't have finished this fic without the help of MelanieMarsh. Thank you so much, you're a star :') (also I have plans for a sequel pls don't kill me) I hope I meet everyone's expectations and I'm so sorry if I disappoint. Also, a quick reminder that this has been written for the DBSJ Writing Contest Possessive. 

‘Why must he stand so close to those other humans? Does he not know that he is ours? Can he not feel our gaze upon him?’

Standing in the school corridor and staring at someone was not exactly Hyukjae’s idea of fun. But the person he was staring at was different; he was special. He could have stood there all day looking at the boy but unfortunately, a loud voice rudely interrupted his staring.

“Yah, Lee Hyukjae! Stop molesting that poor child with your eyes or I will yank them out and use them as earrings. Know your place, pup.”

Hyukjae tore his eyes away from the boy. Growling, he suppressed the urge to lash out and choke his annoying hyung. He is our Alpha’s mate. You will show him the respect he deserves.

“Hyung, must you be so loud? Half the school probably heard you,” he grumbled.

“Ah, but they don’t know who I’m talking about. It could be anyone that you’re eyeing, really. Lee Hyukjae - stalker and ert extraordinaire,” Heechul grinned.

 Hyukjae rolled his eyes and stuck out his tongue childishly. He had experience dealing with this sort of teasing. Kim Heechul was many things: pretty, a diva, a beta, an alpha’s mate, but he was never mean to those he cared for.

“Seriously Hyukjae, you need to be careful,” said Heechul, lowly. “He is a human and it doesn’t matter if Geng approves; the choice in the end will be his.”

“I know that, hyung.” Hyukjae sighed and shot one more longing glance towards the oblivious boy. “But I won’t force him. That is, only if I manage not to up and ask him out. And if by some miracle he actually likes me, who knows if he’ll survive the mating?”

“Oh, trust me, dongsaeng; you’re very hard to dislike and even harder to ignore. Get to class; Geng is picking us up today.”

The Han pack of Seoul was one of the more recent ones to be formed. Their Alpha, Han Geng, fought tooth and nail to be recognized. Despite not being in his own country, he managed to establish a respectable pack. The respect further solidified when he found his mate in the Kim pack’s oldest son, Heechul. Male pairs were rare in their world, but they made it work and paved the way for other same- couples in the supernatural world.

Hyukjae spent the rest of the day daydreaming or arguing with his wolf. Choco wanted him to man up and finally ask the boy out, but he kept chickening out. He even threatened to take over the human’s body and do it for him. Hyukjae ignored his wolf and turned to stare at the boy he was crushing on.

Lee Donghae, the class cutie. The boy was a social butterfly, a complete contrast to Hyukjae’s anti-social self. Effortlessly adorable, Donghae was everyone’s favorite and Hyukjae cursed himself everyday for liking someone popular. It made talking to the boy so much harder.

 

As promised, Han Geng was waiting for them outside the school gate. He looked completely out of place with his business suit and fancy car. Even though he came to pick them up quite often, the students never stopped staring at him. That, of course, pissed Heechul off to no end and insisted on mauling Geng every time. But that day, Heechul was nowhere to be seen.

“Did you talk to him today, pup?”

One thing Hyukjae hated about being the second youngest in the pack was being called pup by everyone. It was well within his Alpha’s rights, but everyone else did it just to piss him off.

“No, hyung,” he sighed. “I don’t know when I’ll talk to him or if I’ll talk to him. It scares the crap out of me.”

When Geng didn’t reply, Hyukjae looked at him to find his eyes had turned silver and he was growling. The younger wolf was startled at the change and turned around to see Heechul with a bloody lip walking towards them. He quickly grabbed the Alpha’s hand and bared his neck.

“Hyung, please.”

Geng seemed to regain some control but started growling again once Heechul got closer.

“Who did this to you?” he snarled. “Tell us and we will tear him apart.”

Heechul put his arms around his mate and sniffed his neck; relaxing once the familiar scent surrounded him. Geng brought the thin, trembling body closer and hugged him fiercely.

“Tell us who dared hurt our mate.”

“I’ll tell you when you stop talking in plural, you overreacting dummy.”

Hyukjae could see how much effort it took his hyung to calm down. He was flinching from the sheer anger the Alpha was radiating and wanted nothing more than to fall on his knees in front of Geng. Instead, he focused on forcing the curious students to go home. His hyungs had attracted quite the crowd.

“This isn’t a side-show! Go home unless you want me to beat the out of you!”

“Um, Hyukjae?”

“WHAT?”

The boy squeaked when Hyukjae focused his glare on him.

“Oh, Donghae. Sorry, I didn’t mean to snap at you.”

“You looked scary,” Donghae mumbled. “Anyway, I meant to ask how Heechul hyung is. That guy really got rough with him.”

Hyukjae’s eyes narrowed. “Which guy? Do you know who he is? Why didn’t you stop him?”

“I-I was scared. It was Park Minki, the big guy who plays for the soccer team. I went to get help but when I came back, hyung was gone. Please don’t hurt me.”

The last sentence was a whimper and snapped Hyukjae out of his anger. Donghae was cowering away from him and that was the last thing he wanted.

“I’m sorry; I didn’t mean to scare you. I’ll talk to you later, yeah? I need to go talk to hyung. See you!”

Hyukjae ran from there, not trusting himself to be alone with Donghae anymore. He found his hyungs, still in each other’s embrace. He felt bad about interrupting them, but it had to be done.

“Geng hyung, I know who did it.”

“Lee Hyukjae one word out of your mouth and I will beat the out of you,” hissed Heechul.

“Why do you insist on protecting that trash?”

“I don’t want Hyukjae to change schools again. He has found a potential mate in Donghae and I will not be selfish and take that away from him. Get that into your stupid alpha brain before you go around killing someone.”

Hyukjae took a step back as both his hyungs glared at each other. He did not want to get in between one of their horrible fights. Finally, Han Geng sighed and closed his eyes. When he opened them, they were back to their normal color.

“Fine, I will not kill him. Just have him expelled.”

“That is all I ask.”

Hyukjae waited by the car when his hyungs went to the Principal’s office. Park Minki had propositioned Heechul and when he refused, the soccer player had gotten rough with him. Needless to say, that had riled up Geng even more, which led to a very intense make-out session between the two to satisfy his claim on Heechul. Hyukjae loved his hyungs, but there were some things he preferred not to see.

The ride back home was silent but still comfortable. Han Geng had called for a pack meeting and everyone was waiting for them at home. Being relatively new, their pack didn’t have a lot of members. There was Kangin, Geng’s second, Boa and Hyoyeon, female betas and Ryeowook, the omega.

The moment they reached the house, Ryeowook grabbed Heechul and dragged him inside the house.

“I cannot believe that you got yourself beaten up, hyung. Don’t you value your pretty face anymore?”

“Yah! You think I did it on purpose?”

Hyukjae shook his head amusedly at the bickering pair and followed his alpha inside. Those two would be excused from the meeting but he wouldn’t be. He took a seat on the floor as Han Geng began talking.

“Okay so obviously all of you know what happened to Heechul. I just called this meeting to tell you why you shouldn’t kill that piece of .”

“I don’t think there’s a reason good enough for that, hyung,” growled Kangin. “If anyone touched Heenim on my watch, he would have been dead by now.”

“Know your place, wolf. That wolf is ours to protect and cherish. You will not chastise us for indulging his wishes.”

Kangin immediately dropped to his knees when the alpha’s eyes flashed silver. Geng usually had a good control and never let his wolf take over. But seeing Heechul hurt had thrown his emotions into a flurry.

“What we do is for the pack and our mate. Never question our decisions again if you wish to live.”

“We’re sorry,” gasped Kangin. “We didn’t mean to disrespect. Please, forgive us.”

The wolf finally breathed easily when the alpha seemed to calm down. Running a hand over his face, Geng dropped into the nearest chair.

“I’m sorry, Youngwoon,” he sighed. “The attack on Heechul had me worried. It’s worse because the stupid man didn’t let me kill that human.”

“YAH!” Heechul screamed from the other side of the house. “EXCUSE ME FOR THINKING ABOUT HYUKJAE! YOU’RE SLEEPING ON THE COUCH TONIGHT!”

The rest of the pack burst out laughing as Geng groaned. Kangin raised an eyebrow towards Hyukjae, who just shrugged.

“So!” Boa piped up. “What’s this about oppa thinking about someone other than himself?”

“YAH KWON BOA! JUST BECAUSE YOU’RE A GIRL, DOESN’T MEAN I CAN’T BEAT YOU UP!”
“HYUNG STOP SCREAMING WHILE I’M TRYING TO CLEAN YOUR WOUNDS!”

“Everybody QUIET!” Han Geng glared. “Thank you. As Heechul was screeching, I didn’t kill the boy because Hyukjae may have found a potential mate in school.”

Everyone turned to look at Hyukjae and grinned. Hyoyeon cleared and he braced himself for the inevitable teasing.

“Hyukjae and….oppa what’s the unfortunate human’s name?”

“Donghae.”

“Oh okay, wait let me make it sound better. Donghae and Hyukjae sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G, first comes mating, then comes marriage, then come puppies in a baby carriage.”

Hyukjae groaned. “I hate you all and I hope you die screaming in a boiling vat of oil.”

He huffed and stormed out of the room, leaving the pack in splits.

 

The next day, they caused quite a stir when they showed up for school. Heechul with his split lip, Hyukjae glaring at everyone and sweet little Ryeowook finally coming back after a long sickness.

“Hyung, stop it. You’re scaring everyone.”

“Let me, Wookie. Let them know not to mess with us,” growled Hyukjae.

Heechul rolled his eyes and shoved the younger before walking away from the two. “If you two children need me, I’ll be in class.”

The moment Heechul disappeared, Donghae arrived with Cho Kyuhyun. They walked towards the wolves, oblivious to the stares they were receiving.

“Hey Ryeonggu, should we get to class?”

Ryeowook nodded at Kyuhyun and nudged Hyukjae. “Be nice,” he hissed.

“Cho if I find your filthy hands anywhere near Wookie, I’ll chop them off myself.”

“Hyung!”

“What?” Hyukjae deadpanned. “This is me being nice.”

“I swear, sometimes you’re worse than Kangin hyung,” the omega huffed. “Come on, Kyu.”

Kyuhyun had the gall to smirk at Hyukjae before he got dragged off by Ryeowook. Stupid nerd.

“Um, Hyukjae? Can you please stop growling now?”

“Oh sorry. We always end up meeting under unfortunate circumstances.”

Donghae laughed and lightly touched the wolf’s shoulder. “It’s okay. How is Heechul hyung now? I heard him sass you, so I think he’s okay.”

“Trust me,” Hyukjae snorted, remembering the previous night with all sorts of noises coming from the alpha’s room. “He’s more than fine.”

“Great! I guess I’ll just be going then.”

Hyukjae gathered whatever courage he had and grabbed the other boy’s shoulder.

“Donghae wait! Would you…uh…I mean…if you want to….movie?”

Donghae stared at him, amused. “Lee Hyukjae, is this a ed up way of asking me out?”

“Maybe?”

“Oh good. I thought you were only going to stare at me for the rest of the year.”

Hyukjae turned bright red at being caught and cursed himself for being so obvious.

“Is that a yes, then?”

“That’s a yes.”

Hyukjae’s eyes widened and Choco howled in happiness. You did it anchovy! I’m so proud of you! You finally have a date! What are you going to wear? Where are you going to take him?

“……number? Hyukjae? Hello?”

The wolf snapped out of his internal conversation with Choco and smiled sheepishly at Donghae.

“I’m sorry, you were saying?”

“Give me your phone number, dummy. How else can I contact you?”

He handed over his phone with a large gummy smile. He had a date with Donghae and the universe hadn’t collapsed yet. Score!

Hyukjae woul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter