Chasing The Beetle

Chasing The Beetle

Chasing The Beetle


 

 

“Ugh.. For Christ sake Boo! Please, please, listen to me.. Come on Boo don’t do this to me.. Don’t leave me hanging like this, I need you.”

She puts her hands back at her ‘Boo’, trying to coax her baby to do what she wants. What she needs.

 

She hears motorcycle purring then stops next to her. 

“Yeah, push harder Hwang! That’ll make that thing work.”  An unfortunately very familiar voice rings through her ears, irritating the hell out of her.

 

Tiffany ignores the woman. Her day already bad enough as her Boo (1966 Volkswagen type 1, widely known as ‘Beetle’) has her off day, stopping in the middle of deserted road since an hour ago.  She had tried to look for help, but no one pass the road, until her archenemy, Kim freaking Taeyeon, came just to step on her when she’s down.

 

“Want some help?”

That get her attention, Taeyeon offers her help, only happen once so far.

It was back in elementary school; Tiffany was crying bloody murder as she claimed a cockroach ‘chased’ her all the way from their class room to play ground.  Taeyeon was the only kid who took initiative and ran after the crying girl.  She found Tiffany squatted under the slide, covering her face, Taeyeon actually believe that the cockroach was indeed chasing after Tiffany as she found the insect near the latter’s foot. 

Taeyeon stomped at the devilish insect coolly, then she hugged Tiffany, saying everything would be alright as she had taken down the beast for her.

 

Tiffany thought –at the moment- Taeyeon was her knight in shinning armor, until the next day when she refused Tiffany’s homemade peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, saying that she was already full

The next day Tiffany offered her the same food again, which Taeyeon also rejected.

Then the day after that

Two days after that.

You see, Tiffany –as a 3rd grade elementary student- hadn’t mastered any other food recipe beside PBJS yet, so she kept making that, despite the rejection.

At the end of the week Taeyeon snapped at a shock looking Tiffany with lunchbox full of PBJS in her hands.  She said that Tiffany was so inconsiderate and probably wanted to kill her.

From that day on, their relationship had been pretty much strained.  The worst thing is, up until now Tiffany still doesn’t understand why Taeyeon was and is so furious at her.

 

 

 

“Yah! Is your brain stops working just like your 4 wheels tin here?” Taeyeon’s hand swaying in front of still in daze Tiffany.

Tiffany turns her head to Taeyeon, who already climbs out of her black Kawasaki Ninja, she scans Taeyeon’s ride, a little too manly and immense for Taeyeon's rather small stature but her feet actually reach the ground when she rides it so it’s quite a relieve.

 

“You want to help me? What do you want? I don’t have any money!” Tiffany said defensively.

Taeyeon rolls her eyes, she walks closer to Tiffany’s Beetle, giving it a disgusted look.

“This thing should be illegal in road, it reeks old oil.. Also, what’s with this shocking pink color?! It’s like you’re trying to annoy everyone who happens to look at it.”

Tiffany feels offended, sure her Boo is old, reeks of oil like Taeyeon said, and not to mention moody –as she likes to stop working whenever and wherever she wants- but no one, no one is allowed to insult Pink.  It’s a holy color.

On the other hand.. Tiffany actually really needs Taeyeon, so she has to forget her annoyance towards the black hair girl for now.

“Can you insult me another time? I actually need your help to push my car right now.”

“Sure, okay.” Taeyeon grins mischievously.

 

Tiffany put her hands at the back of her car, preparing the pose to push it, but Taeyeon doesn’t follow her.

“Are you using some sort of mind power to make my car moves?” Tiffany asks sarcastically.

“Hmmm no.. It’s just that your butts look awesome when you bend forward.”

“Yah! ert!” Tiffany stood straight, hiding her butts from Taeyeon’s line of view.

“What? Come on, don’t hide it.. You should thank your butts, I was stopping because I was enchanted by your perfectly shaped round asses.” 

Tiffany’s face is redder than tomatoes. She can’t believe this person in front of her actually said something so ert right to her face. She feels violated. But again, she needs Taeyeon now.

 

“Tell you what, I’ll let you touch my after you help me.”

Tiffany sighs in defeat, never ever she imagine she’ll use her body as some sort of payment of a favor.

“Touch and squeeze”

“No, touch only.”

“For 5 minutes.” Tayeon doesn’t want to lose this opportunity.

“One minute.”

“2 minutes.”

“Final offer, touch and squeeze 30 seconds.”

“Both cheeks?”

Tiffany rolls her eyes. “Yes, both of them.”

“Yeay great!”

“You can get your payment AFTER you push my car. Deal?” Tiffany extends her hand to the ert.

Taeyeon eagerly shakes Tiffany’s right hand. “Deal!”

 

“Okay, on the count of three. 1, 2, 3.. Push!”  Tiffany gives command to Taeyeon, but the latter interjects her.

“One minute, who’s going to start the car?”

Tiffany puts her hands on her hips, “Look, to start this car, we need to have her on adequate velocity and that certain speed won’t be fulfilled if you’re the only one who pushes this car. I mean look at you! You’re so tiny..”

“Hey! No insult or I’ll go back to my bike and leave you and this garbage alone.” Taeyeon crossed her arms and pouts and kick the wheel lightly.

Tiffany holds her giggle, who will believe that this pouting girl is the owner of that cool black Ninja?

“Well, I am sorry.  Here’s the plan, we’ll push her until she’s in constant speed then I’ll run to the driver seat and start the car.”

Taeyeon nodded her head, agreeing with Tiffany. “Okay, let’s start! I want to touch those booties so bad”

 

After that, both of them –shoulder to shoulder- push the pink beetle as hard as they can, to make the car accelerates from 0 to.. well, some numbers.  It moves in the speed of a lazy walking cat.

 

“Harder Taeyeon! Faster!”

“I am trying.. huffft..”

“Come on, just a little bit more..”

Taeyeon sees spots in her eyes. Tiffany was right, her body doesn’t made for this task.

“I hate this garbage can! Seriously, no booties worth for this.”

“Oh..Oh! She runs faster! Keep pushing Taeyeon-ah.”

“Are you sure? But I haven’t add any power in my push.” Taeyeon scratch her hair, leaving only one hand in contact with the pink beetle. “See, it goes faster even with one hand!”

 

Tiffany glances for a second to Taeyeon. She’s right though, it does run faster without much power. When she turns her head forward, back to her Boo, her hands lose contact with the trunk, as it goes faster than them.

“Taeyeon-ah! She runs away!” Tiffany sounds irrational

“What? Impossible..” Taeyeon straightens her body, looking straight ahead. “Holy crap! It’s a freaking steep downhill!”

 

The pink beetle rolls faster than the two women behind.

“Catch her! Fast!” Tiffany grabs Taeyeon’s hand, forcing the latter to run after the loose beetle.

They run after Tiffany’s car, but it keeps going faster leaving huge gap with the two panting women behind.

“T-Taeyeon –hosh- I’ll give you anything if  -hosh- you could get her.” Tiffany feels she has no more power left in her body, Taeyeon starts to run ahead of her.

“Hosh- Can I touch your bare –hosh- asses?”

“N-No! –pant- Another thing.”  Tiffany’s vision starts to get darken

“Go on a date with me!” Taeyeon shouts from the top of her lungs

 

Tiffany actually stops as she hears the request, she can’t help but feels surprise with the date proposal from her archenemy since elementary school.

Taeyeon keep running after the beetle, she turns her head back to look at Tiffany.

“What do you say?”

Somehow Tiffany wants to laugh at the situation. Never before, she’s being asked on a date in this absurd way.

“OKAY!”

 

Tiffany smiles as she sees Taeyeon’s back goes smaller and further away.  But her moment of peace doesn’t even last for 5 minutes as she sees Taeyeon runs back to her.

“Tiffaaaannnyyyy ruuuuuun!” Taeyeon flails her hands in panic.

“What? Why?” Tiffany asks as she starts running

“It comes back, it’s an uphill!”

 

The spot where Tiffany was left behind actually is the end of the downhill, with an uphill ahead. So the car moves back as it actually has climbed the road, due its remaining force.

Finally, the pink beetle reaches its equilibrium, then it actually stops.  Taeyeon and Tiffany are currently laying on the side of the roads, panting.

 

Suddenly Tiffany clutch her stomach, “Hhmmppphh.. Hahahahaha. That was really epic!”

Taeyeon glances at her, she’s tired, annoyed at the stupid pink car yet she too finds the situation quite amusing. “Hahahahaha. Damn, you’re right!”

Tiffany watches the clear blue sky with some clouds that give them shades from the sun.  It is a beautiful day, regardless what happen and whom she spends the time with.  Tiffany is going to close her eyes when Taeyeon’s voice interrupts the moment.

 

“Okay, now please turn around so I can squeeze your exquisite ”

~~~~~~

 

 

 

 

Today is Saturday as in the day of Tiffany and Taeyeon's date.  The short girl will fetch Tiffany in less than an hour, she already has her makeup done yet she hasn’t choose the dress she’s going to wear.  Both of them are pink; shocking pink and baby pink.  Based on the last encounter, Taeyeon had made it clear that she detest shocking pink, the same color as her Boo. It’s obvious to choose the baby pink one but she wants to annoy Taeyeon. She still remembers vividly in her mind, the way Taeyeon s her that day.

She felt violated and dirty, yet there was this crazy inside her head that secretly enjoyed the touch.  That !

 

“Tiffany, over here!”

Taeyeon waves her hand at Tiffany.  She had been waiting for her date for 15 minutes outside of Tiffany’s apartment building as the latter won’t let her come in. 

Tiffany spots Taeyeon who wears white khaki pants, with light blue shirt and a dark blue blazer.  She has to admit Taeyeon looks gorgeous in that outfit and with her in baby pink summer dress they look like a cute couple.

 

“Hey, Taeyeon.” Tiffany greets her date.

Taeyeon has a frown on her face, she looks at Tiffany’s dress from top to bottom, “Fany-ah, can I call you that? I think you should change your dress..”

“No!” Tiffany feels offended because Taeyeon doesn’t like her dress

“Why? Tiffany is too long. Fany is better”

“Ugghh I am not talking about that. I won’t change my clothes for you. Pink is beautiful!”

Taeyeon raises her eyebrows at the sudden outburst. “Calm your woman! Fine, you keep that dress on, but once we get there, don’t tell me I didn’t tell you before.”

“Yada yada yada, let’s just go to your stupid party. Where’s your bike?”

“I don’t bring my bike today, I know you’ll wear girly clothes so I drive my car.” Taeyeon pointed at the big Hummer on the side of the road.

In her head, Tiffany is questioning Taeyeon’s choice of vehicle. The Ninja and now Hummer? She has a theory in her mind but it’s a little bit offensive and she doesn’t want to start any fight with the small girl.

 

 

“Why didn’t you tell me before?!”

“I did!”

“No you didn’t! You only told me to change my dress. You didn’t mention anything about dress code.”

Yeah well, the party they are going to is an office party for the grand launching of ‘The Grand Maroon’ office tower.  Taeyeon works as an intern in the architecture firm that design the building for the final project of her final year in university.  The party takes place on the roof gardens and the dress code for the day is casual but they have to wear at least one piece of cloths in blue, as blue is the dominant color of the newly built building.

Tiffany with her pink summer dress can easily be spotted in the party full of people in blue from 1 km away.

 

“I hate you Kim Taeyeon!” Tiffany hisses at Taeyeon’s ear

Taeyeon lets out throaty chuckle, “I told you to change, you’re just too stubborn. It’s okay Fany-ah, if one of them asks you, just say that you wear a baby blue bra and . Aw, aw!”

Tiffany pinch Taeyeon’s waist. She clearly not amuse at Taeyeon’s joke.

 

They are standing near the railing, Tiffany sipping a glass of champagne and the alcohol trash Taeyeon, a mojito.

“Why are you taking me as your plus one anyway? Aren’t you dating that tall girl in your class? Who is her name again? Sooyeon?”

Taeyeon gulps her drink, “It’s Sooyoung. Well, we broke up a month ago.”

“Oh, I am sorry. It’s a pity though, that girl is beautiful.”

“She is beautiful, but we just different in too many ways. At least we’re still friends so it’s okay. What about you? Still dating that girl with grayish hair? Hyoyeon right?”

Tiffany smiles as she reminded of Hyoyeon’s hair. She is the one who choose the color, “Well, we are a very sad people then. She broke up with me 2 weeks ago.”

“Why? Because she couldn’t handle your hideous pink old car?”

Tiffany’s eyes twitch “Yah! She’s very beautiful in her age.”

“Who? Your ex-girlfriend or your car?” Taeyeon holds chuckle as she looks at Tiffany’s angry face with her nose flares.  “Aaahh so you’re one of those pretentious people who glorify the old stuff you call antique or quaint?”

Tiffany’s grip on the champagne glass tightened, “You’re one to talk, do you realize that you always choose an overly big vehicle like your Ninja and your Hummer before? It’s like you have something to compensate. Perhaps your micro ?”

“Psh, I don’t have any .”

“There you go! It’s the complex after all”

If this was a cartoon, Taeyeon would have throw Tiffany down the 57 stores building.

 

The two women are having a staring contest when MC breaks the tension.

“Ladies and gentleman, in 5 minutes we’re going to see the main event of this lovely day. Please choose the best spot to witness our spectacular moment!”

Tiffany feels a tug on her arm, the still pissed looking Taeyeon is tugging her arm, guiding her to a corner.

“Follow me, I help in the design of this garden. I know the best place.”

 

Tiffany is awed by the view.  They release hundreds of colorful balloon to the sky, she loves those pink balloons in the bright sky blue background.

It’s like her with her pink dress and Taeyeon in her blue blazer.

“What the hell? Stop this madness !” Tiffany says in her mind. She glances at Taeyeon who has her jaw hanging, she look at the sky in amazement.

“This date isn’t so bad after all.”

 

Tiffany is fidgeting in her seat, Taeyeon hums along with classic song ‘First Love’ on the radio.

First Love.

Everyone has a first love, it’s an inevitable thing and often, first love is unrequited.  People mostly feel the heartbreak along with their first love.

Tiffany believe in someone says, “You have to have your heart breaks to open it.”  Tiffany never resents her first love even if that person broke her heart at the moment she refused Tiffany’s peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

The same person that humming along the song.  If Tiffany could choose, she certainly wouldn’t want to have Kim Taeyeon as her first love. The girl likes to , annoys her, moody, and very rude –to her.  Nevertheless, first love can’t be forgotten.  That’s why Tiffany agreed to go on date with Taeyeon, going on a date with your first love is every girls dream after all.

 

“We are arrive” Taeyeon voice wakes Tiffany from her train of memory.

“Oh.. Good.” She fumbles with her purse, Tiffany is going to open the door when Taeyeon lock the door from her side. “Come on Taeyeon, don’t play with me!” She looks back at Taeyeon.

Tiffany is taken aback from the image she sees. Taeyeon is blushing for mysterious reason.

“U-uummm.. Fany-ah.. Um, will there be second date?”

Tiffany drops her jaw. Is Kim Taeyeon asking her for another date? “Second date? Me and you?”

Taeyeon hums as an agreement.

“Why?” Tiffany still can’t believe it.

“Why not? We have fun today right?”

“B-but you hate me..”

“Hate is a strong word. In our worst day, I dislike you at most.”

“Still.. I mean, why?”

“You’re not going to like it if I say it.”

“Just give me a valid reason why we should go to a second date.”

“You have a pretty . I like them” Taeyeon has this innocent look as she says it.

 

 

 

 

Despite the ually harassing reason, they still go to second date.  Tiffany has no idea of what makes her agree on a second date or the third date or even today, their fifth date.  Taeyeon is sweet –surprisingly.  She becomes less and less annoying to Tiffany. 

Since the second date, Taeyeon began to take her to and from university, leaving Boo the pink beetle mostly alone in the basement. Taeyeon loves riding her black ninja, she often plays with the break, just to feel Tiffany’s ies hitting her back.  On the way to the park, Tiffany counts 23 unnecessary breaks in their 20 minutes of ride, and protesting is not having any effect on the byuntae.

 

Today they’ll have typical picnic date, with a basket and all.  Tiffany has prepare their lunch and for the sake of memory, she makes peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

“You look beautiful today.” Taeyeon looks at her with gentle eyes, something Tiffany never thought Taeyeon capable of.

Tiffany shyly smiles, her cheek redden. She can’t control her skin color around Taeyeon. “I am always beautiful.”

“Hmmm, true.” Taeyeon touches her chin, then Tiffany feels soft lips on her own.

 

Taeyeon’s lips is the softest lips she ever kiss, moreover the girl has this certain way of kissing that always make Tiffany feels her feet turn into jelly.  If she could, she would kiss Taeyeon until the rest of her lives. 

Another thing, whenever she kisses Taeyeon she always thinks about a lot of things involving the girl.  Like how will their kids look like? Will Taeyeon be a perfect wife? Will Taeyeon's family love her? Or the most frequent question she has recently;

“When will they have their first night?”

Thinking of that making Tiffany’s blood goes faster, as well as her heartbeat and her breathing.  Tiffany pushes Taeyeon softly to break the kiss, she needs the oxygen.

 

“Fany-ah, are you okay?” Taeyeon touches her cheek and stokes it.  Tiffany leans back to the touch, if she was a cat, she would be purring right now.

“I am okay, just a little bit hungry.”

Taeyeon chuckles, she takes the basket behind her and put it in the middle. “What delicious food that my girlfriend makes?”

Tiffany’s ear perks up at the title, “Am I your girlfriend?”

“Of course! I drive you around, I listen to your nags, I let you buy pink stuff for me, and I kiss you so many times.  I don’t kiss a girl that isn’t my girlfriend.” 

Tiffany stunned, apparently she already becomes Taeyeon’s girlfriend without her knowing.  It is not a bad thing though, of course it is not, it just that she expect some kind of confession or something.

 

“What? You don’t think of me as your girlfriend?” Taeyeon tilts her head in confusion.

“N-no.. It just.. you never really ask me.”

“Should I? Is that necessary?”

Tiffany nods, “I think so.”

“Okay then, Tiffany will you be my girlfriend?” Taeyeon says nonchalantly

“That’s so not romantic! I need a proof”

“What? You want me to duel against one of your lion or something?”

Tiffany rolls her eyes, she take the lunchbox out of their picnic basket.  “To proof that you love me, eat this sandwich.” She presents the PBJS that she makes with all her heart in it.

Taeyeon reminded of their younger self,  “I can’t..” Taeyeon says meekly.

“Then, I don’t want to be your girlfriend.” Tiffany pretends to put the sandwich back.

“Well, okay.. give me one.”  Taeyeon takes the sandwich, she inhales amount of air first, like a man who’s going to face his punishment.  Taeyeon takes a bite of it, chewing it with close eyes.

“Awww, my girlfriend Taetae is so sweet.”

After the third bite, Taeyeon suddenly coughing.  She drops the sandwich on the ground, her breathing become short and heavy.

“Taetae? Taeyeon-ah? What happen?” Tiffany panics as she witness her girlfriend in agony.

“C-call 911”

 

 

 

“Kim Taeyeon, you’re a pabo! Why don’t you just say that you are allergy to peanuts?! I almost kill you!”  Tiffany wants to smack Taeyeon, but the latter is laying weakly in the hospital bed.

“But I want to be your girlfriend.” Taeyeon grins stupidly

“Quit grinning you weirdo! Why don’t you just refuse it like when we were in elementary?”

“I was not in love with you back then.”

Tiffany feels warm spread through her body, “Y-you love me?”

“Yes and please say ‘I love you too Taetae’ or I’ll yank this IV drip out and die!”

Tiffany moves her hand to meet Taeyeon’s, she intertwines their fingers together.

“I love you too Taeyeon-ah. Now stop being silly and kiss me.”

~~~~~~

 

 

Today is their 1 year anniversary.  Tiffany wants to visit their former university for their famous Jjampong, she has been craving for the food for a week.  To her dismay, Taeyeon has to agree to cancel her reservation on this very famous restaurant just to exchange it to a simple diner in their alma mater. 

Another thing that makes this day less exciting, they have to drive Tiffany’s Boo because Taeyeon’s car is in regular maintenance and her girlfriend refuses to ride her bike, so Taeyeon has to be patient and just drive the hideous car.

Bbbbttt.. bbbbtttt.. clunk, clunk, pssssssssshhhhhh..

 

“Why is this thing stop working?” Taeyeon asking a rhetorical question.

“Uuughhh.. I can believe she breaks again!” Tiffany says.  She opens her door to the back trunk to check the engine.

Taeyeon covers her face in frustration, she told Tiffany this thing will happen but her stubborn girlfriend refuses to listen.

“Do you know what’s wrong with it?” Taeyeon asks Tiffany who seems to be in deep thought.

“Of course not. I have a bachelor degree in psychology Taetae, how could I understand about this thing?”

“Then why are you checking the engine?”

“I just want to ensure that the machines are still there. I am afraid it falls off somewhere.”

Taeyeon is speechless at the answer, “Fany-ah.. You.. Agggghhh.”  Taeyeon tries to push back her temper, she promised herself that she won’t shout at Tiffany no matter how angry she will be.

“Fany, let’s just push this car.”

“But, what if the last thing happened again? I haven’t have any meal since brunch, I don’t think I have the energy to run after Boo.”

Taeyeon bites her lips, an habit she does while thinking. “Listen, you’re going to push this thing right out of the driver seat, let the door open. I’ll push from the back, after the car accelerates you have to be ready to jump inside, then once it gets faster you enter the door and start the engine.”

Tiffany nods at her girlfriend’s explanation. “Looks simple enough. Let’s do this!”

 

“Wait a minute missy, my aid is not free.” Taeyeon has this devilish grin on her face

“Ughh what do you want?”

“Tonight, I want to motorboat your ies.”

“No. Touch only.”

 “Honka honka?” Taeyeon bids.

Tiffany shakes her head, strongly disagree.

“Touch and squeeze?”

“For 1 minutes.”

“1 minutes both s”

“1 minutes one ”

“30 second, both s, touch and squeeze. I can’t go any lower than this Fany”

“Huufftt okay, let’s just get this over with.”

 

 

“Push harder Taetae! It barely moves.”

“Tell that yourself Miyoung. I am pushing hard right now.”

“Good, good Taetae, keep the power! It goes faster.”

Taeyeon feels déjà vu at the sentence, so she straightened her body and look ahead.

“Holy ! It’s a downhill! Again!”

“What? OMG!”

“Quick Fany, enter the car right now!”

But the clumsy Tiffany Hwang trips on her own feet and falls down.

BUUKK

 

“Fany-ah! Are you okay?” Taeyeon shouts as she keep running after the pink beetle.

“I am okay Taetae! Just catch it for me!”

“God damn it Tiffany Hwang! I hate you!”

“I love you too Kim Taeyeon!”

 


Hehe I like to think Taeyeon and Tiffany as this kind of couple, the one who bickers like an old married one.

I hope you like the story :)  I make this just as a light story without any drama

Write me something? Any suggestion for my future story?

Don't forget to upvote XD

*Thanks for melisanchez, V4mP1r3_Fw3aK, and Kwons for the early upvotes haha

Barney's out