1/1

Library

Jonghyun really doesn't want to be here.

Minho dragged him, complaining about how it would be awkward with just him and Taemin. Bull, Jonghyun thinks as he looks over to the chatting males who seem to have no problem in holding up a conversation. Jonghyun just feels like a third wheel (probably because he is.)

He sighs for the nth time that hour, looking around and taking in his environment. Taemin and Minho are really lame for having a date in the library. And they're even lamer because if Jonghyun were to voice his thoughts out loud right now, he knows that both Taemin and Minho would deny it being a date altogether. Jonghyun's never been to the library before, but he quite enjoys the unusual quiet, soft and calming atmosphere and the smell of wood and books.

He's still bored as hell though, so he runs a hand over his recently dyed platinum blond hair and abruptly stands up. The cringe-worthy sound of his chair scraping against the floor doesn't even interrupt Taemin and Minho's excited (but still quiet, because they'd rather not get scolded for being too noisy) conversation. They probably haven't even noticed Jonghyun slipping away. He even considers leaving, but he's sure that Minho would beat his up for leaving him alone later, so he quickly brushes off the idea.

Instead of abandoning Minho, Jonghyun takes on a tiny adventure around the library. He goes through the shelves and stares in fascination just at the amount of books everywhere around him, looking like a child in a candy shop.

He's in the Teen section, skimming through some dumb book about a chick called Alaska who apparently dies at the end, when suddenly a voice startles him, almost making him drop the book from his hands.

"Can I help you?" The voice says and Jonghyun sighs in relief before slipping the book back to its place and turning around to face the person.

Fluffy-looking black hair frames almost snow-white skin, creating an amazing contrast. The boy looks slightly younger than him, chocolate brown eyes hidden behind black glasses. He's wearing a black shirt under a white cardigan and topping off the outfit with white jeans. Everything about the boy screams 'hipster' and 'cute' and 'librarian', yet Jonghyun can't seem to tear his gaze away.

"Just looking." Jonghyun remembers to reply when he's done staring at the undeniably pretty male in front of him. Said pretty male nods, mouth opening again and Jonghyun just now notices how gorgeous his lips actually are.

"Alright, just tell me if you need something." The black-haired boy turns on his heel and is about to go back to work, and that's when Jonghyun realizes that he doesn't want the boy to leave yet. They've only exchanged a few words yet Jonghyun can't help but feel somehow attracted to the other boy - he just knows that they'll grow to be great friends if they get to know each other. (Or maybe Jonghyun's just lonely and needs more friends.)

"Hey," Jonghyun calls out and almost cringes because of how awkward he sounds, but can he help it? He doesn't know the boy's name and he isn't an inconsiderate who would grab the boy by his wrist just to get his attention; he could be uncomfortable with phsyical contact for all Jonghyun knows. The called boy looks back at that, eyeing Jonghyun in curiosity. "Sorry, I actually do need your help."

The raven's ears perk up and he turns around to face Jonghyun fully, a tiny smile gracing his lips. "How can I help you?"

Jonghyun scratches the back of his neck because a) he doesn't know how to word it without sounding pathetic and b) he still isn't used to how beautiful this guy actually is. "Uhh.. My friend dragged me here on his date and I'm kind of the third wheel right now," The taller lets out a chuckle and even though Jonghyun knows that he's laughing at him, he can't help but find it adorable. "And I'm also super bored and know nothing about books, do you have any recommendations?" That sounded terribly awkward. Way to go, Jonghyun.

"Sure, sure. What genres are you into?" Jonghyun sees the boy fiddling with the hem of his cardigan and he notices that his hands are almost fully covered by the sleeves. So cute.

"Uhm, action I guess? And fantasy." Jonghyun nods to himself, trailing behind the librarian who's taking him to the Fantasy section.

The boy hums, his bow-shaped lips pouting in concentration while he's looking for a book. After some thought, he stands on his tippy toes and reaches out to grab the book he chose. He turns around to face Jonghyun and holds out the book to him.

"Here. It's really good, and a considerably quick read for a fantasy."

"Ah, thanks a lot." Jonghyun takes the book from the boy's hands, their fingers brushing slightly, and stares at the cover in front of him.

"No problem. If you need something else, just look for Kibum." The raven smiles and Jonghyun is just happy that he now has a name to match the pretty face.

He just might start visiting the library more often.