Fallen Feather

Angel by My Side

Author's Note: I decided to put this One Shot into two or three parts. Just saying (^^) I hope you'll enjoy the story! Don't forget to Comment and Subscribe. Love you guys! :****

 


Part 1

After Jinyoung sang in front of the audience, he received a phone call it was his girlfriend’s parents. “Eomma, Appa, I’m on my way there to your house. Is Sora there already?” he asked, meanwhile his friends noticed him talking to someone on the phone “Ah, it must be Sora, his smile is pretty big this time” said CNU “I know, tch” said Baro suddenly they noticed that Jinyoung’s smile turned into a sad and shocked expression “Uh?” they wondered, he immediately dropped his phone and ran out of the venue. “Yah Hyung!” Sandeul yelled and they ran after him.

Jinyoung arrived at the hospital and he saw Sora’s parents outside the emergency room and they were crying, he immediately ran to them “Eumma, Appa, where’s Sora? Where is she!?” he said, her parents were sobbing, Jinyoung was scared because of what they might say “J...Jinyoung... Sora is... Sora is...” Sora’s father wasn’t able to finish his sentence because he kept on crying; Jinyoung looked inside the emergency room and saw Sora being covered by the white sheet. “No... No way” he said as he stepped back from the window, he leaned on the wall and slowly fell on the floor “Sora!” he said as tears started to fall from his eyes, “NO! IT CAN’T BE! SORA!!!”  he cried out lout, his friends arrived there and they saw Jinyoung on the floor crying and saying Sora’s name all over again. “What happened?” asked GongChan, CNU tapped his shoulder and pointed to the emergency room, they all saw Sora covered by the white sheet “Oh no...” said Sandeul “Hyung” Baro added and they turned to Jinyoung who kept on crying.

CNU approached him and patted him on the back but he suddenly pushed him away and ran out to the garden. There he cried and shouted “NO! SORA! NOOOOOOO!!!” suddenly, a white feather fell from the sky... he stopped crying for a while and when he touched it, he cried even harder. “SORA!!!!”

--------------------------------------------

“Sora... Sora...” he said as he was turning left and right while sleeping, then RING! His alarm rang; he turned it off, got up and prepared for work. 30 minutes later, he went out of his apartment and walked to the café. On the way there, he passed by his ‘fans’ and they greeted him “Good Morning Oppa~” but he just ignored them. He arrived at the café still wearing his mean look and didn’t bother to smile “Yah Jinyoung, you’re going to scare all the customers away with that scary face of yours. Would it kill you to smile even for once?” his boss asked but Jinyoung kept quiet. “Yah Jinyoung!” he proclaimed then Jinyoung faced him, “Smile? I don’t think I can ever do that again, the last time I smiled was the last time when I saw Sora smile” he said, “Aigoo... here he goes again with his dead girlfriend” LeeJin, one of his co-workers inserted. “Oi LeeJin, shut up will you?” Jinyoung said as he turned to him, “Tch. Why? It’s the truth right? You still can’t accept the fact that your girlfriend’s dead, face it... you can’t move on!” LeeJin proclaimed. Jinyoung threw the towel aside and he suddenly went near LeeJin “Mworago?!” he proclaimed. “Read my lips... YOU DON’T KNOW HOW TO MOVE ON!” LeeJin proclaimed, “Tch” said Jinyoung then he suddenly punched LeeJin and he fell on the floor, their boss immediately held him and another one of their co-workers held LeeJin, “Yah, you two better not start another fight again!” the boss proclaimed, “Well he started it!” LeeJin proclaimed while pointing his index finger to Jinyoung, Jinyoung released himself from his boss then started leaving “Oi Jinyoung! Where are you going?” his boss yelled, “Out. I don’t want to ruin LeeJin’s face anymore, it’s already ruined anyway” Jinyoung responded as he exited the Shop “Argsh, he pisses me off all the time!” LeeJin proclaimed “Well the two of you are giving me a headache all the time!” their boss responded. “I don’t get it, why don’t you just fire Jinyoung instead? I mean he’s always causing us trouble. He not only gets into a fight with LeeJin but with our customers as well” one of their co-workers said “Jinyoung may be a troublesome kid but I know that deep down, he’s a really nice kid. He is just experiencing some emotional problems, don’t worry I bet within this year, he’ll be able to move on” their boss replied, “Like that will ever happen” LeeJin murmured then he went to the kitchen and their boss released a sigh.

                In Jinyoung's case, he was walking around still wearing that angry expression in his face when suddenly his phone rang, he looked at the caller and it was GongChan “Hello?” he said. Moments later, at a certain bake shop

“What do you want?” he said as he sat down, “Hyung aren’t you going to order something?” GongChan asked. “No, now tell me... why did you suddenly want to meet up with me?” said Jinyoung “Hyung...well, I was thinking... it’s been three and a half years already since you left the band and we were thinking... for the Christmas Special... can you...” “Compose a Song and sing it?” Jinyoung inserted, GongChan’s eyes widened and said “Really? Will you do that?” Jinyoung gave suddenly laughed but in a sarcastic and mean way then said “No way” he suddenly stood up and left the shop. “Uh, Hyung!” GongChan called as he went after him. Outside the shop...

“Hyung!”  GongChan yelled as he ran after Jinyoung, “WHAT!?” Jinyoung proclaimed in an angry voice, “Uhh... hyung, please... at least come to the studio and see how things are doing” said GongChan, “I told you before; I am not going to sing anymore! I hate singing! I hate everyone and everything in this sick cruel world!” Jinyoung proclaimed once more and GongChan kept quiet, Jinyoung released a sigh and was about to leave but when he turned around, a white feather suddenly fell in front of him “U-uh?” he wondered as he picked it up and looked at the sky. “Hyung?” GongChan said as he touched Jinyoung's shoulder “Are you okay?” he added. “I-I’m fine” Jinyoung replied then he faced GongChan “Sorry for yelling at you” he added then he left. GongChan was shocked of what Jinyoung said, “Did he just apologize to me?” he said.

Jinyoung went back to his apartment since he doesn’t want to cause more trouble in the café in just one day; he decided to go to work the next day. He immediately lied down on his bed and decided to take a quick nap. The nap turned into a deep sleep and he suddenly woke up at around 7:30PM.

“Darn it, my head hurts” he groaned as he sat up; he went to the kitchen and prepared some Ramen for his dinner. He lost his appetite ever since Sora died, he only ate a few and sometimes, he would skip his meals. He was settled down in his small couch and was about to eat the ramen when suddenly,

KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK! Someone was knocking at the door, he stood up and opened it, when he did he was surprised to see a girl with an angelic face in front of him “Uh?” he wondered, the girl looked up to him and she smiled at him. Jinyoung felt like blushing at that time because he has never seen such an angelic face before but, he gave her a death glare instead then shut the door right into her face. He went back to the couch and was about to chow down his ramen when, KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK! The girl was knocking on the door again, “No body’s home!” he proclaimed as he started eating his ramen, of course the girl may look clueless but it was pretty obvious that someone was home and she continued knocking. It irritated Jinyoung a lot and he decided to answer it “WHAT!?” he proclaimed as he opened the door, the girl looked up to him and she started to laugh. “Uh?” Jinyoung wondered, he was touching his face when suddenly, he realized that a strand of ramen was sticking out of his nose, “What the?” he said, he turned around from the girl and took the ramen out of his nose then he faced her again and she was still laughing, he suddenly gave her a death glare and she stopped laughing “Tch” he said “What do you want?” he added, “Uh” said the girl as he was just staring at his face “What? I know I’m handsome already okay? Now get lost!” Jinyoung proclaimed, he was about to close the door again but then the girl stopped him “Uh?” he wondered, “please don’t” she said in a soft voice and somehow melted a tiny piece of Jinyoung's heart because the girl’s voice reminded him of Sora’s voice.

“W-what do you want?” he asked again but this time, he didn’t raise his voice. The girl smiled at him and said “Please take care of me!” as she bowed in front of him. Jinyoung paused for a while then he started to laugh his sarcastic and mean laugh, the girl faced him with a confused look, then “No way!” he proclaimed and he shut the door. The girl continued to knock again and it annoyed Jinyoung a lot, he opened the door one more time and the girl was about to speak but he spoke instead

“Listen if you don’t have any place to sleep, then you can sleep outside the street. If it gets cold, use a cardboard or whatever as a blanket alright? NOW LEAVE!” he proclaimed as he finally slammed the door right in front of her.  Jinyoung was waiting for the girl to knock again but... she didn’t anymore “Uh?” he said, he slowly opened the door and there was no one outside. “Finally, that girl probably went to another apartment to bother someone else, tch. Weirdo” he said then he shut the door closed.

                The next day, his usual routine happened. Wake up-Eat-Take a bath-change clothes-go to work. He decided to take the trash out, when he got out of the building, he went to the side and threw the trash there when suddenly, “Uh?” he said as he something suddenly moved. He went near it and saw the girl who knocked on his door last night; he can’t believe that she actually did what he told her to do. He saw her sleeping outside using a cardboard as a blanket “Seriously...” he said, he was about to laugh when suddenly he saw the girl shivering, “Uh?” he wondered, he went near her and touched her forehead then he realized that the girl’s temperature was high. “Uh” he said, he suddenly felt guilty about what he did that he took the girl inside his apartment and laid her down on his bed. He went to the kitchen to get some ice, then wrapped it around a towel and placed it on the girl’s forehead.

“Darn it...” he said, he looked at the time and he was already late for work “Argsh!” he added. Meanwhile, “Heh, I guess that punk Jinyoung isn’t coming in today” LeeJin said as he looked at the time and Jinyoung was already late. “Maybe he’s just late” one of their co-workers said, “That’s funny; Jinyoung has never been late in his entire life. Something must have happened” the boss said to himself then his phone rang and he answered it, it was Jinyoung

“Boss, I can’t come today. Sorry, I have to take care of someone” he said then he hung up. “Uh? Take care of someone?” he wondered, “Was that Jinyoung?” LeeJin asked and the boss nodded his head, “Is he not coming because he’s scared that I might punch him in the face today?” said LeeJin, “Heh no. He’s not coming because he’s taking care of someone” their boss replied, “Taking care of- wait, what!?” said LeeJin and their boss gave him a grin.

                In Jinyoung's case, he watched the girl sleeping in his bed, he stared at her and he felt tiny pieces of his ice cold heart melting, “Uh” he said. He has never seen someone with such an angelic face before, even though Sora was a very pretty girl, he thought that this girl was even prettier than her. He was amazed because even when the girl sleeps, she sleeps like an angel. He decided to touch her but when he was about to, the girl suddenly woke up and Jinyoung immediately put his arm down. “Urgh” she groaned as she felt dizziness, he slowly sat up and looked at Jinyoung “Uh?” she said. Jinyoung looked away and said “Y-you were having a fever so I took you here because it was my fault why you got it” he said and the girl just looked at him. “I told you to sleep outside and use a card board as a blanket and that’s what you did. Heh, it was pretty stupid of you though” he added but the girl just looked at him, “Uh?” he said as he turned to her “Yah what’s wrong with you? Do you know how to talk?” he said but the girl just stared at him. “Argsh!” he said then he stood up and went to the kitchen to get her something to eat. He opened his cabinet and saw another cup of ramen

He decided to cook it for the girl, he didn’t realize that the girl stood up and followed him. When he turned around, the girl was already behind him and it startled him “Yah, what’s wrong with you!?” he proclaimed but the girl just looked down. He released a sigh and dragged the girl to the living room, she sat on the long couch while Jinyoung sat on the small chair, “Here” he said as he gave the cup to the girl, the girl received it and stared at it

“What? You don’t like it?” he asked and the girl looked at him, “Well sorry... that’s the only thing I eat here” he added. The girl smiled then she started eating the ramen, she let out a huge “YUM!” and Jinyoung was a bit surprised “Well at least I know you can talk” he said. “Yah, what’s your name?” he asked. The girl swallowed her food and said “Lee HwaYoung” “HwaYoung huh? I’m Jung Jinyoung” said Jinyoung and HwaYoung smiled at him then she continued to eat, “You sure like to smile a lot” Jinyoung said to himself “Yah HwaYoung, where are you from?” he asked, HwaYoung was thinking but then... “I don’t know” she replied “Eh? Do you know who your parents are?” he asked “No” HwaYoung replied. “EH!?” Jinyoung cried, “Don’t tell me... you lost your memory?” he asked and HwaYoung just kept quiet. “Aigoo... what a troublesome situation...” he said to himself.

                Meanwhile, “I wonder if GongChan convinced Jinyoung hyung to compose the song and sing it on our Christmas performance?” said Baro, then... “Sorry guys. I wasn’t able to convince him. He still doesn’t want to sing” GongChan said as he entered the studio and the other members released a sigh “I wonder what we should do to make Jinyoung hyung forget about Sora? I mean, it’s been three and a half years already... he should be moving on by now” said Sandeul “Forgetting someone that you really love isn’t that easy” said Baro “He’s right” CNU added, then his phone rang. “Uh? Jinyoung!” he said and he answered it.

“Jinyoung-ah, how are you?” said CNU “Yah, come here quick!” Jinyoung proclaimed. “What? Where?” asked CNU “To my apartment, I need your help” Jinyoung replied. “Why? What happened?” asked CNU, Jinyoung explained to him what happened, then... “Wait, there’s a girl in your apartment!?” CNU proclaimed. “EH!?” the others wondered.

They rushed to Jinyoung's apartment and when they arrived there “Where is she!?” Baro exclaimed as he entered the room, both Jinyoung and HwaYoung looked at them with a confused face “Tch, Pabo” Jinyoung said to himself, then

“WAH! Omo, she’s so pretty!” Sandeul proclaimed as he saw HwaYoung, “What an angelic face!” GongChan added and they went near her. HwaYoung was surprised that she suddenly hid behind Jinyoung “Uh?” all of them wondered. “Oi what’s this? They’re my friends” said Jinyoung but HwaYoung just stayed behind him “Looks like she’s afraid of GongChan and Sandeul heh... yo! I’m Baro, how about you?” Baro said as he went near Jinyoung and stretched out his hand to shake HwaYoung’s hand. Baro was smiling at her and he seems to be calm that’s why she decided to talk to him. “Lee HwaYoung” she said as she shook Baro’s hands “HwaYoung huh? It suits you well with that face of yours (^^)” said Baro and he flashed his smile to HwaYoung and HwaYoung smiled back at him. “Aww, how cute!” both Sandeul and GongChan proclaimed and they also went near her.  When she saw them, she went back to hiding behind Jinyoung “Uh?” Jinyoung wondered then...

“Don’t be afraid, we’re Jinyoung hyung’s friends... I’m GongChan ^^” said GongChan “And I’m Sandeul” Sandeul added. HwaYoung looked at them then she smiled “Lee HwaYoung!” she proclaimed, “KYEOPTA~~” both of them beamed. “Jinyoung, can I talk to you for a while?” asked CNU and Jinyoung nodded his head. The two went to the kitchen while the other three decided to play with HwaYoung

“Yah Jinyoung, where did you found her?” asked CNU “She just showed up on my doorsteps last night and told me to take care of her” Jinyoung replied “Really? You’ll take care of her?” asked CNU “What!? No way, there is no way I’m taking care of that girl!” Jinyoung proclaimed. “Why? She asked you to take care of her right? I mean... look at her, such an innocent looking girl and a pretty one too. If you let her stay out in the streets, she might die out of hunger. Or worse, what if she gets by a bunch of goons? Wouldn’t that be awful?” said CNU “Then it’s her problem, not mine” said Jinyoung “Jinyoung... at least let her stay at your apartment until she has any idea what to do” said CNU “Look, if you want to take care of her so much, why don’t you bring her home instead?” said Jinyoung “What? You know I can’t do that” said CNU “I mean... we’re already crowded in the dorm, besides... GongChan’s puppy is there and it’s a lot more difficult to handle a puppy than a girl” he added. “Heh, believe me... she’s more of a puppy than a girl” said Jinyoung “Tch...” said CNU “Jinyoung... I know why you’re acting like this but please... I hope you’ll move on already... you’re still young... so please... think about it” said CNU and Jinyoung just kept quiet, then...

“Yah hyung!” GongChan called and the two looked at them, “Isn’t she cute?” Sandeul said as he tied HwaYoung’s hair in a ponytail and she smiled at them

“Uh” said Jinyoung, he looked away because he was slightly blushing, CNU noticed it and he smiled at him “Take care of her, okay?” he said “But-” “If she dies, than you’re the one responsible for it because you didn’t take care of her” said CNU “Yah!” said Jinyoung “We’ll be going then, see ya” said CNU then he went near the other three and told them that they’ll leave

“We’ll see you soon HwaYoung-shi~” said Baro and HwaYoung nodded her head. When the guys were already gone, Jinyoung went near HwaYoung and he looked at her with his death glare...

“Uh?” HwaYoung wondered as she looked at him with her innocent eyes. “Oi you... why do you want me to take care of you?” he asked “Because I... I will take care of you as well” said HwaYoung “What? Heh, foolish! I don’t need anyone else to take care of me!” Jinyoung proclaimed, “Yes you do!” HwaYoung responded “Uh?” Jinyoung said as he turned to her. “You... I look at you and see sadness in your eyes... even if you say that you don’t need anyone else but yourself, you do need someone... you’re just afraid to tell it because you’re afraid that they might get hurt...” said HwaYoung, Jinyoung kept quiet for a while, then...

“For someone who wasn’t talking a lot a while ago, you sure talk too much now” he said “Uh?” HwaYoung looked at him then Jinyoung turned his back to her

“I only have one bed in this apartment, you can sleep in my room, I’ll just go sleep on the couch” he said, HwaYoung’s eyes widened and said “Really? I can stay?” Jinyoung rolled his eyes and nodded his head as a smirk formed in his face, suddenly “Gomawo!” HwaYoung proclaimed as she suddenly hugged him from behind

“Uh?” Jinyoung was surprised because of what she did; she turned to her and noticed the smile on her face. “Seriously... yah, don’t you dare hug me again, okay?” he said as he let go of her “Uh, yes sir!” HwaYoung responded and Jinyoung laughed at her, “Eh?” HwaYoung wondered but when she saw Jinyoung laughing, she laughed as well “Uh? Why are you laughing?” Jinyoung asked as he stopped laughing “Because you’re laughing as well” HwaYoung replied. Jinyoung realized that he did laugh, it wasn’t his sarcastic and mean laugh but it was his happy laugh “Uh?” he wondered, it’s been so long since he last laughed in a happy way, he turned to HwaYoung and she was still smiling at him

“S...Sora...” he said.

--------------------------------------------------------