001

Nobody Knows

"Do you understand what you are suppose to do?"
 

He nodded his head. Without furthur instructions, he left the high office. His feet drag itself down the hallway. A few hours ago, he was hired by the biggest and strongest entertainment company in South Korea, SM. From what the Big Man in the office told him, his job is very important. A job that is an envy of all fanboys. A bodyguard. He didn't care much about bragging. There's no one to brag to and he like to keep it like that. He was told by them, not to get too comfortable with his female employers and not to have any relationship with them. Byun Baekhyun agree. He came and agree with only one thing in his mind, to turn over a new leaf.


"Bodyguard Byun,"


Baekhyun turn around. The familiar soft voice called him. The Big Man secretary came rushing towards him. She was running with her high heels and Baekhyun thought, in any minute now, the Secretary will fall and she did. But luckily, he was fast. He grab onto her arm, preventing her from falling on the carpet floor. She was hanging and when she regain her ground, she cough in embarassement. The early 30s lady gave Baekhyun a paper bag. Baekhyun turn to her. His brows raises in questioning. Eversince entering this huge building, Baekhyun hadn't spoken a word. All he does was nod, shake and shrug. No voice was heard from him, not even a cough.


"Your uniform. All bodyguards needed to wear this. Orders from the CEO, himself. I..."


Baekhyun took a step back and pushes the paper bag away. He grab his contract and pointed on a line which silence the Secretary. How can the CEO forgets that he type those words and still order him to wear a uniform when the contracts didn't even say so. Baekhyun walk away without waiting for the Secretary words. He headed straight to the elevator and waited for the door to open. His hoodie jacket from years ago was still clean as ever. He hide his face from anyone eyes. His ripped jeans and hoodie jacket along with his snapback, he waited patiently for the 'DING' sound.


"Trainee?"


Someone asked from behind. Baekhyun turn around. He didn't bow but just shake his head. It was a Girls Generation member. He didn't know them and ignore them when they heard one of the members called him rude. Baekhyun shut all sounds from his ears. When the elevator door open, he walk in first and the other members followed him. He hesistant to press the floor since he was still new. The girls turn to look at him. Sooyoung speaks first.


"You're leaving right? So, it's the Lobby."


Baekhyun didn't thank them. This cause Sooyoung to reply.


"You're welcome." Still, Baekhyun ignore them. He let the girls leave first before he left. He walk towards the counter lady and handed her a card. The middle aged lady smile to him.


"Are you hired then?" Baekhyun nodded his head. "I'm happy then. I hope that you can take this chance to renew your life. Never go back again and always remember that there's someone who would lend a hand for you. All you have to do is just to reach out your hand. You can go home now but remember to arrive here around 4 in the morning. The girls are expected to leave Korea for Japan around 6. And we will have to personally introduce you with the girls. Wait... on second thought, why don't you follow them back to their dorm. Wait... I got a call from the CEO. Give me a minute."


Baekhyun stood still infront of the counter. The girls were gathering around the place. They were laughing and joking around. Tiffany kept her eyes on Baekhyun. Sunny nudged her.


"It's rude to stare, Fany." She remind her. Tiffany roll her eyes. She walk towards Baekhyun and greet him. Baekhyun turn to face her and give a nod before drifting his eyes towards the marble counter. Tiffany was not amused. That was rude in her book. She walk away after Baekhyun rudeness. The middle aged lady hang her phone and smile to Baekhyun.


"Forget what I've say before. Follow the girls to your new home and the next day, 4 in the morning, be infront of their house. You will be following them to Japan and your job will be given as soon as tomorrow starts. The manager will tell who do you have to guard. She's the leader of the group. Everything will be told the next day. Oh, and your passport will be given to you by the Manager and you will have to return your passport to the Manager after it. We need to be cautious. I believe in you but it seems the CEO has trust issue. Do understand us and you may go. Welcome to SM Entertainment, Byun Baekhyun..."

 

 


"He's so frustating! So rude! So... so... Urgh!!!!!"


Tiffany was complaining to the girls about their new Bodyguard that they meet a few hours ago. It's one in the morning and almost all of them hadn't sleep yet.


"Unnie, he wasn't rude. I think he's just following orders. Bodyguards aren't allow to talk to any of us. He's just following orders. Don't be too harsh on him. He seems nice." Seohyun was defending but Tiffany was not amused. She finds it hard to let go. The anger is still there, the embarassement when she was ignore by a stranger. Can you feel it?


"Defend him all you want, Joohyun-ah but I'm telling you, he's a rude man. The least you could do is smile but he has to be all serious. Even some of our Bodyguards smile but him...."


Taeyeon hadn't spoken to anyone yet. She was quietly listening to their rambling. Sitting beside her, Sunny was eating her Ice-Cream. She gave Taeyeon some of her Ice-Cream but the Leader shake her head. She was dull for some reason.


"Are you upset that the company hired a personal bodyguard for you?" Sunny finally asked. Taeyeon was surprised. All eyes on her. She shrug her shoulders. The answers is mixed. She's upset that they wouldn't trust her that she could handle herself but she's happy that the company is taking their safety seriously. But that's not the really reason why she's dull.


"It seems like it's unfair that I've a bodyguard while you guys doesn't. I'm not complaining but..." She paused. The words couldn't come out. She shake her head and smile.


"How long are you going to fake a smile, Taeng? Tell us what happen, Maybe we could help you." Tiffany speaks. She moves closer and touches Taeyeon hand. Taeyeon shake her head. She stands up immediately and walk straight into her room. The others stare at her. Seohyun stand to follow but Tiffany prevent her.


"Leave her alone. She's been gloomy for the past whole week. Maybe the incident about the kidnapping still haunts her. Let her chill."


Taeyeon shuts the door and locked it. Her hand reach out to the small treasure chest on her mirror table. She open the chest and pick up a silver ring. There weren't any stone, just a plain loop ring and still looking new after all these years. She turn her back on the mirror and hold the ring softly. She stare at it for a long time. She hadn't touch the ring for so long. The last time was when she's about to debut. She was told not to wear any accessories that the stylist hadn't approve and she kept it. She clearly forget about it until a month ago.


Her tears flows down, remembering memories of the past. Forever is a strong word. Forever doesn't exists.

 

 


"Hurry up! We're going to be late!" Tiffany was screaming. Some of them were awake and waiting in the living room but some were still in daze, not changing their PJ. Tiffany rush towards the door and open it.


"Manager-oppa..." Tiffany greeted before dragging him in along with her Manager-unnie. She pushes them in and tell everything about her members laziness. The female manager move to Sooyoung room to wake her up while the male manager usher someone inside. Yuri who was sleeping on the couch immediately sit up and cough slightly to cover her embarassement. The members came out except for the Leader. She's still changing.


"This is Bodyguard Byun, don't make fun of him or or make him into your fashion guinea pig or your exercise buddy because he doesn't belong to you. He belongs to your leader, Taeyeon. He's Taeyeon personal bodyguard, so deal with it."


The girls went into their room after their Manager told them to get their luggage. Baekhyun was left alone in the room. He had known to whom he will be guarding. It take a whole night for him to sleep. What will be her reactions when she saw him? Hatred, tears or... He didn't know. He refuse to furthur ache himself with thoughts about her. He had let her go years ago. Now, she's part of this Hallyu Leader groups, leader of Girls Generation, Kim Taeyeon and he... Well, their distance are not more than skies and earth, imagine the distance. It's hard to reach.


"... go."


Baekhyun heard someone speak and turn. She was there, staring in shock at him.

 

 


Taeyeon couldn't believe her eyes. She came out of her room, dragging her luggage along with her to the living room. There, standing in the middle of the room, it's him. Byun Baekhyun was there in her dorm, in her living room, in her life again........ She didn't know what to do. She stare in shock. Her lips crack open, trying hard to call his name but all that came out was...


"Koong-ah......." The nicknmae she always call. Baekhyun didn't react. His eyes stare solemly in her and he bowed down towards her. She took a step back.


"Byun Baekhyun. Your personal guard. Professional." His words are short and fast. He bowed again and turn his back to her. He make a quick turn and grab her luggage, dragging it to the front door. She didn't move.


"Ko..Koong...."


She touch him. She grab his leather jacket. He didn't stop and she pull him around, forcing her to face him. He look past her. Silence. She cried. The phone that she was holding drop onto the floor. She grab his inner shirt, clench onto it tightly before punching his chest hard. His head lowered to stare at her. She's a mess. Her tears continues to flow as she beats him. Immediately he grab her wrist, stopping her actions. She raises her head to meet his eyes. His shaking brown eyes.... something she misses. He took a step back and let her go. Taeyeon immediately wipe her tears when they hear the sound of footsteps and voices from her members.
 

"Ah Taeyeon-ah, this is Baekhyun, Bodyguard Byun, your personal bodyguard. He will be with you, stick with you as the CEO orders. He will follows you everywhere except the toilet. So... Are you crying? Did he do something to you?!"

 

Manager Kim grab onto Baekhyun shirt. Baekhyun remain stoic. The girls moves closer towards Taeyeon but Taeyeon hurridly clear the misunderstanding. She shake her head and forces her manager to let go.


"Koo.. I mean Baekhyun-shi didn't do anything to me. I was just being emotional. He's nice."


Baekhyun grab onto the luggage and walk behind the girls. Taeyeon was the last to leave the dorm. They cramp into the elevator and Taeyeon played with her ring. Hyoyeon grab onto her hand and stare at the ring.


"That's not our ring. What's that? Did someone gave you?" Hyoyeon asked, a little mischevious tone. The girls begin to tease without even Taeyeon explainations. Baekhyun catches the sight of the ring and look away as Taeyeon caught his eyes.


"Quiet." Taeyeon said. "A promise..." She replied and leaned her head against the metal wall. Tiffany was cooing her along with Seohyun.


"Was it given by Teukie-oppa?" Sooyoung asked. This cause Taeyeon to grow grim. She shake her head immediately and make a face.


"No. Definately no! It's just precious, okay. Now drop it."


They left the elevator and Baekhyun sigh. That ring he gave her years ago. He can't believe she still have it and cherish it. She should have move on instead of holding and waiting...

 

 

 

 

 

Finally updating. Sorry if it's ish and grammar mistake. English isn't my best subject. Bear with me.

Check out my other stories :
1. Love Is Blind (D.O)
2. Married Again (XIUMIN)
3. Cupid Last Game (CHEN & D.O) not .
4. The Runaway Bride (SUHO)
5. I'm a Housekeeper not a Nanny! (KAI)
6. Our Commitment (CHANYEOL)
7. Please Be Careful With My Heart (BAEKHYUN)
8. His Masquerade (SEHUN)

 

 

I will try my best to update weekly. But if I didn't, bear with me. My brain need rest and I have other things to do too. Thanks!!!!!!