keeping it one (se)hundred

keeping score

Sehun didn't like waking up early. He only woke up early when he had no other choice, like when he had to go to work in order to make money so he could pay his half of the rent and not be thrown out on the streets. Or, when it was his turn to buy groceries and he had to leave early to avoid line-ups and not be thrown out on the streets.

Sadly, today he had to get up early not to avoid being thrown out on the streets, but to get advice from his ex-coworker, Baekhyun.

Baekhyun had once been a lowly intern like himself, but managed to snag their boss' heart and now stayed at said boss' home doing things Sehun did not want to imagine. No.

Sehun entered the elevator, pressing the floor number Baekhyun texted him earlier and tapped his foot in boredom. 

Once the elevator dinged and the doors opened, he slipped out and headed to the apartment, knocking on the door and waiting patiently for it to open.  

"Sehun, you came!" 

Baekhyun opened the door wide, hugging Sehun and pulling him inside.

"Why are you wearing a dress?" Sehun asked, staring at the frilly pink, knee-length gown Baekhyun wore, along with the pink apron on top.

"Don't ask," Minseok said, entering the living room with a grin.

Baekhyun blushed, yanking the ends of the dress down.

"I forgot I still had it on. I'll go change," 

"So ... how goes domestic life?" Sehun asked Minseok.

"Can't complain."

"I thought Baekhyun wanted to go on an adventure or something. Or at least that was what he yelled as he ran through the office halls, along with 'I quit ers!'" 

"Getting to know Minseok's body is an adventure," Baekhyun said slyly, rejoining them in the living room.

Sehun gagged.

"Why are you here in my apartment again?" Minseok asked Sehun with a raised eyebrow.

"I'm not here for you, I'm here to talk to Baekhyun."

Baekhyun led all of them to the couches and pointed to the snacks he'd laid out.

"Sehun has an internet admirer and I'm going to help him scope the guy out. They planned to meet today," he said, placing a hand on Minseok's thigh. 

"Not an admirer, an annoyance," Sehun corrected, munching on a cookie.

"They have some grade-school flirting thing going on," Baekhyun whispered to Minseok.

"You two are disgusting."

"Watch it, I can fire your faster than you can say Chen," Baekhyun said.

"I'd like to see you try."

Minseok laughed.

"Anyway, I'll be out with Sehun most of the day. Don't wait up," Baekhyun said.

He pecked Minseok on the mouth, moving his hands lower and quickly groping his before Sehun complained about decency and being courteous to guests. 

"Let's go," Baekhyun said, standing up and heading for the door.

 

---
 
 

"Do you know what Chen looks like?" Baekhyun asked, peering around the coffee shop.

"No."

"Well, did you guys agree on picking out something to wear so the other knows what to look out for. A beret or whatever," he continued, taking a bite out of his chocolate cake.

"No."

Baekhyun moaned around his fork and Sehun sighed. He pulled out his phone, sending Chen a quick tweet.

where u at????????

He refreshed the screen, no reply. 

"Maybe he chickened out," Baekhyun said, his lips.

yo where u at??????

He refreshed the screen, no reply. 

"Sehun, stop. It looks desperate if you keep tweeting him. Haven't you heard about the three day rule?"

"That's for texting. Haven't you heard? Tweeting is like texting on steroids," Sehun replied, placing his phone on the table and scanning the shop. 

The place had so many couples who'd come out on dates. He looked at Baekhyun, mouth covered in icing and body swimming in his over-sized pink sweater.

"He might think we're a couple and avoid us. I knew I should have come alone," Sehun said with a frown.

"As if I'd ever date you."

Sehun rolled his eyes, picking up his phone and checking his mentions. Nothing.

"Jongdae!" Baekhyun shouted, waving over a boy with puffy hair and cheekbones sharp enough to slice the cake on their table.

"Hey," Jongdae said, eying Sehun curiously.

"Ah! Sehun, this is Jongdae, my former roommate. Jongdae, this is Sehun my former co-worker."

"That's a lot of formers," Jongdae said with a chuckle.

"Well, only Minseok is my current. Too bad, so sad to the rest."

Sehun shook his head in embarrassment, checking his phone to see if Chen had replied while Baekhyun rambled on. Nothing.

"Why don't you join us?" Baekhyun asked Jongdae.

"I wish I could, but I'm meeting someone really soon. Sorry."

"Hot date?" 

"Something like that," Jongdae answered, waving to them before heading to the line to order.

Sehun watched him, eyes moving lower until they landed on his . And what a is was.

"Looks even better without the denim," Baekhyun whispered, causing Sehun to jump in surprise. 

"How did ... ? I'm not even going to ask."

"I think your twitter crush bailed on you," Baekhyun told him.

"I think so too."

"You didn't deny it this time!"

Sehun chose to ignore his friend, checking his phone one final time and gasping once he saw he had a new mention.

i'm here, with the baggy gray top and messy hair

He hurriedly looked around, almost fainting once he saw Baekhyun's friend Jongdae seated at a corner booth, with his wild perm and baggy gray shirt.

corner booth?????? he tweeted.

yeah.

"I think your friend Jongdae is Chen," Sehun said.

"What?" 

Sehun nodded, showing him the tweets. Baekhyun stood up, running over to Jongdae's table.

"How could you!" he shouted, dragging him upright by his shirt collar.

Jongdae didn't reply and Sehun pulled them apart, holding Baekhyun back.

"You made me feel like because of your tweets! You were one of the reasons I quit my job at Exo," Baekhyun yelled.

"Why did you do it?" Sehun asked.

"Because ... you guys obviously didn't have fun doing what you do. I thought I'd joke around, play the part of the villain and maybe light a fire under your you-know-whats."

"It didn't really work out, did it?" Sehun wondered.

"No, which is why I agreed to meet you. I already knew who you were since Baekhyun had mentioned your name before. When you tweeted me on your personal account, I decided to make things right and put an end to this."

Sehun nodded in understanding, at least there wouldn't be any fist raising going on today.

"I'm still pissed," Baekhyun said, breaking out of Sehun's hold and stalking to their table.

"Don't worry, he'll cool down once he has a couple of rounds with Minseok."

"I did not need that mental image."

"No one needed it, really, but it's a small price to pay for your stupidity."

Sehun took a seat at the booth, motioning for Jongdae to sit down.

"Let's get to know each other," he said with a smile. 

 

---
 
 

The ringing of the doorbell caused Sehun to groan. Jongdae giggled, removing his mouth from his throat and standing up.

"You two are gross," Baekhyun said, pushing his way into the apartment and staring at Sehun's half-dressed state in disgust.

"Says the grown man wearing a pink dress," Sehun drawled.

"Low-blow Sehun, the dress and the fact that it's pink is perfectly fine. It's just that it doesn't suit Baekhyun's figure," Jongdae said.

"Yeah! Wait ... what?" Baekhyun said in confusion.