FINAL

When the cloud and stars collide

It was half past midnight. Park Chanyeol was lying in his bed, motionless. He was thinking about the guy he's been dreaming of. Do kyungsoo, the man he's deeply in love with eversince they met, the man who saved his life.

They became friends. They meet each other, spent time together, go out happily thinking that they own the world and creating the best memories they can have in their lives.

Chanyeol was actually hiding his feelings for Kyungsoo. Hewas too afraid. Afraid that when he told him how he feel their friendship will be gone for nothing. It feels so awkward. He was acting like a coward.

 

As months goes by, Kyungsoo, sometimes was giving Chanyeol some cold treatment. Chanyeol feels it and he collected his courage to ask Kyungsoo what was his problem. But Kyungsoo have the same answer. "Stressed."

It hurts him. He keeps himself busy not to think about Kyungsoo. But no matter how he tellhis mind not to think about him even just for a second but his heart was fighting it. They're like arguing for what is much better.

On the other hand,  Byun Baekhyun. Park Chanyeol's bestfriend was very vulnerable. He was broken. Or should i rather say shattered.


Byun Baekhyun was still inlove with his ex girlfriend Kim Taeyeon but unfortunately, Taeyeon cheated on him. He was only using Baekhyun because of money. God knows how Baekhyun loved her and it was breaking him into pieces. Baekhyun was locked in his room again. He's too fragile.
His phone ringed for the nth time. And finally he checked who was the caller. It was Chanyeol. He picked it.

"Hey Baek, what's wrong?What happened?"

 

"Can we meet?" Baekhyun muttered.


"O-oh sure. But i'm with Kyungsoo. Is it fine?" Chanyeol asked.


"Who's that?" Baek questioned lazily.


"Friend." Chanyeol answered.


"Fine then."

 


Baekhyun arrived at their meeting place and he saw his bestfriend Chanyeol with the guy he called 'Kyungsoo'. He sit beside Kyungsoo, facing Chanyeol.Kyungsoo glanced at Baekhyun's face. "Oh. He got looks." Kyungsoo thought and he gave a laugh with the ludicrous thought.
"Why are you laughing?" Baekhyun frowned at him.

"N-nothing. ha-ha" Kyungsoo answered half stuttering.

"Mad, are you? Laughing with nothing?" Baekhyun raised his eyebrows at him.

"Right." Kyungsoo said sarcastically.

"Erm." Chanyeol scoffed telling the both of them that he still exist.
"So Baek, what's the problem?" Asked Chanyeol.


Baekhyun told them the whole story and how it pains him. Kyungsoo's face was now sympathetic. He was hurt too. He was facing a big trial in his life. But Chanyeol didn't know about it. Even a bit. All Chanyeol know was that his love was one-sided and when everytime he's with Kyungsoo, he can only see the laugh on his face not the tears in his heart. Kyungsoo was hoping that everything will be okay. But it was not. He have lost Kai the day he saved Chanyeol's life.

 

Kai, Kyungsoo's beloved boyfriend. He have suffered leukemia. It was a malignant disease. The day Kai passed away was also the day he have met Chanyeol. Chanyeol was in the middle of a deserted highway, blood all over his body. It was a case of hit and run but Kyungsoo immediately bring him to the nearest hospital, and luckily, he was alive. His affection with Chanyeol was bestfriend-like or rather, his feelings toward him is like brotherhood. Kyungsoocan feel the grief of Baekhyun.

The long silence was broked when Chanyeol's phone ringed.

"Hello-- WHAT? Oh-- yeah yeah. I'll come."
Chanyeol said with a mild panic.

"Guys, i had to go. My father is in the hospital, he's severe. I'm sorry.Bye." He said standing up.

Baekhyun and Kyungsoo looked at each other with the sign of irritation.

"What are you looking for?" Kyungsoo asked.

"What  are you looking for?" Baekhyun immitated him with the same tone of voice.

"Jerk." Kyungsoo whispered.

"What did you say?" Asked Baek.

"Oh. Have i say anything? I'm Kyungsoo by the way." Kyungsoo said with an innocent look.

"Baekhyun. The most handsome guy in this world."

"Oh yeah?" Kyungsoo said laughing. 'Right, you're handsome.' Kyungsoo thought. But he'll never told Baekhyun that. He's already a jerk full of air in his head.
"Definitely." Agreed Baekhyun, laughing too.

Unconciously, they didn't know that they would be the happiest. That day they realized that they're starting to laugh again. Spent the rest of their day thinking that they don't face the hardest conflict in their lives.  Even if they don't like each other too much, Their hearts was smiling again. Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times right? When only one remembers to turn on the light. And Baekhyun's light was Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo's light was Baekhyun. They're both a kryptonite to each other. Not knowing, one person will be hurt.

Will theyknow who that person is? Will 'that person' give way for their love? Will every shard of their hearts will be back into whole not knowing that one of th em was breaking into pieces?

----

Hours, days, weeks and months have passed. Baekhyun and Kyungsoo became friends, close friends and eventually became lovers. They have a crazy sweet trip relationship. They love their imperfections.

Park Chanyeol was just silent. He was pretending that he is happy for them. But the truth is not. He's dying inside but he choosed to be happy. Maybe not for him but for the both of them.
He was on their sides with their ups and downs. He tried to move on.He dated a few people but his heart was not yet ready.

"Maybe i'll let it be for now. Let my destiny find me." Chanyeol thought.

 

He was getting better everyday. He accepted the things that he can never changed. He was happy by their mere presence. Not until that day came. That unexpected day.

"Y-yeol." Kyungsoo said in between his sobs.

"Kyung? Why are you crying? What's the problem?" Chanyeol said in the phone, worried.

"Baek. Yeol B-baek--"

"What happened to Baekhyun? Kyung calm down please." Chanyeol said.

"Open the News TV." Kyungsoo said plainly.

Chanyeol do as whathe have said.

"Flight HZT143 have crashed near the pacific ring of fire due to the sudden changed of wind and the unrepaired gears." Chanyeol read aloud.

And there, he saw Baekhyun's image. "A plenty of people have died in this phenomenon." The TV was saying.

But Chanyeol can't hear it. He is still trying to sink in all he have discovered. Tears silently come out of his eyes. His bestfriend in the whole vast world is gone.

"Y-yeol? Still there? Are you okay?" Kyungsoo's voice was now calm but he still have small sobs.

Chanyeol was back to his senses. "I-i'm fine." He said stammering. He don't know what to do or how to react. Baekhyun was a very good friend to him. But now, he have leave them. Forever.

 

Many have survived the incident, a few was still on search and a lot of people died.

Kyungsoo was really hurt. He have loved Baekhyun. Together, they heal each others heart. They were attached even just for a few months.

Baekhyun's ex girlfriend Taeyeon was in the funeral. Kyungsoo's blood was boiling everytime he see her but Chanyeol was on their way telling them that the burial must be solemn.
Taeyeon keeps on saying sorry to Baekhyun's coffin. She admitted that she really have loved Baek despite of money. Kyungsoo can feel her empathy, so together they mourn in grief.

 

The night after the burial, Kyungsoo was unable to sleep because of his deep thoughts. He was reminiscing the day he met Baekhyun and every single bitof their memories. It was almost perfect. Full of felicities.

Kyungsoo stand in the terrace, feeling the cold breeze of air, tears running down throughhis face. He lifted his face to see the biggest star and let out a weak smile.
"Be happy Baek. Thank you for those happy memories. I love you." He said. He was about to go back his room when he felt the air touched his shoulders. He looked back and there he saw Byun Baekhyun, the man he is inlove with.

 

Kyungsoo was in deep shock. His mouth was hanging open. "B-baek?"

"I love you too Kyung. I'm happy too but please open your eyes and your heart. I'm sorry i left you. But Kyung, you cannot reach me anymore. I am the moon and you are a star. Have you ever notice that you are being followed by a lovely and patient cloud?"

"N-no. Baek, wait are you a ghost?"

"Yes. I can't leave you like this yet. I want you to be happy. With the patient cloud. With Yeol. I love you both."
Baekhyun said with an eyesmile. His face was now glowing, his lower body slowly disappearing.

 

"Wait Baek don't leave me! What about Yeol?" Kyungsoo said hurrying toward Baekhyun. "Just open your eyes and your heart." And with those last words, Baekhyun disappeared.

Kyungsoo didn't sleep that night. Baekhyun's last word echoing in his mind. Dawn came and he can feel his body burning. He was sick. He didn't mind it. He fell asleep.

 

The sun was now rising and his temperature have gone low. He can feel some hair right under his hands. He checked who it was. And it was Chanyeol holding Kyungsoo's hand, fast asleep.

"So he taked care of me while i'm asleep?" Kyungsoo thought smiling. Baekhyun's word have crossed his mind. The patient cloud have loved him for many years now and he didn't notice it. How stupid of him.

He rised from his bed and faced the sky, Smiling. "Thank you Baek. I will never forget you." He muttered and looked backed at Chanyeol.

 

It was a new start. A time to rise and a time to shine. A time to love and a time to be loved. With the patient cloud waiting, the stars keep on shining.

"Kyung, you're awake. Why didn't you wake me up? Are you hungry?" Chanyeol said worriedly.

"No, i'm fine. Thank you Yeol. Thank you for always being on my side." Kyungsoo said while giving Chanyeol a peck on his cheeks. Chanyeol blushed.

"A-always."

Together, they laughed. Baekhyun in heaven can see them. And he too was laughing.

-----

 

Life is only a matter of giving out chances and patiently waiting for the right time. Life is not fair, yes. But life have gived you a thousand of time to mourn and a time to stand up, rise, laugh again. Just open your eyes and heart and you can see the beauty of things. God have sent us to each other for a purpose. That is to love and to be loved. With sincerity and understanding. Love is not blind. It sees but it doesn't mind.

"Will you grow old with me Do Kyungsoo? Will you stay with me forever?"

"Yes Park Chanyeol. I will. Until lifetime."
--

END.