final

your company (is all i need)

“hyung.” 

Namjoon flips over and covers his face with the pillow. 

“hyung.”

A blanket lies deflated over his head.

“hyung!”

Namjoon curls into a ball. 

“hyung, quit being a kid.” 

It takes ten tries before Jimin finally gets Namjoon’s attention, and he’s more than happy to be disrupting his owner’s sleep. Namjoon sighs before pushing himself back up to find Jimin rubbing his cheek against his thigh affectionately, his light brown ears quivering lightly as he lets out soft whines. And Namjoon simply grunts, shaking his thigh impatiently because its 4AM in the morning, and he knows that Jimin’s going to bother him with more requests for ridiculous things which wouldn’t even cross a mentally sane person’s mind at 4AM. But that’s when he’s reminded that Jimin’s a hybrid and a not so sane one at that, so he sighs inwardly, pressing his hand on the his ears lightly. 

“I’m awake, what’s popping, kid.” 

“Did you know that a shrimp’s heart is in it’s head?” Oh, .

“No, why would I-”

“Well,” Jimin grins widely and wags his tail excitedly before thumping it onto Namjoon’s hand, gaining a wince from his owner, “then did you know that if you sneeze too hard, you can fracture a rib?” 

“Jimin, I really need sleep, you know that-” Namjoon starts, but Jimin’s already beginning to frown and he doesn’t like seeing him upset so he stops and nods in acknowledgment, “go on.”

“Here’s another one! Wearing headphones for just an hour will increase the bacteria in your ear by 700 times! Do you know what that means, hyung?” 

“What?”

“You’ve got dirty ears,” Jimin is grinning too widely for this, “And you might,” his voice softens into a whisper as he leans over to cup Namjoon’s face softly with his cold hands, “die early.” 

“That was really sweet,” Namjoon attempts to stare at him with his most deadpan expression but there’s barely five centimetres between the two of them and Jimin is trying to imitate the comedian’s favourite expression of shock ( in which Namjoon made a silent vow to keep Jimin away from watching gag shows on Saturday evenings because it only added on to his antics ). But most importantly, Jimin’s eyes are crinkling at its ends and his ears are pressed against his head softly – and he’s honestly too adorable for a half sober Namjoon to handle, so he breaks out into a soft smile and settles for pressing a light kiss against his wild lips before ruffling his hair. 

“H-hope you liked them!” Jimin proceeds to rub their cheeks together and Namjoon can’t exactly be bothered by the fact that his fur’s getting in his eyes. 

“Of course,” Namjoon playfully ruffles the pup’s fringe lightly, gaining soft whines from the younger, “Do you have anymore?” 

“No!” Jimin shakes his head repeatedly as his silver tag swings about in odd directions, occasionally hitting the side of his neck with a soft thud, “hyung should sleep.”

Reaching over to hug the young pup by his side, Namjoon lets out a soft sigh as the back of his head hits the pillow again. 

It’s 5.30AM when Jimin falls asleep first after burying his face into Namjoon’s neck and while listening to the younger taking soft breaths, he realizes that it’s nearly impossible for him to get back to sleep after waking up at 4 considering that he had been lying awake through the night for the past five days only to find himself dozing off while composing – but it’s fine as long as Jimin doesn’t take notice of his dark circles because the last thing he wants is a worried Jimin. the pup’s small frame, he grins and presses a light kiss to the top of Jimin’s head, causing him to stir in his sleep and end up pressing his face against Namjoon’s chest. 

And Namjoon doesn’t know what he’d do without Jimin’s company.