The Things I Do For You

We'll Try Again

[1:24 am]

Red Velvet's schedule ended 3 hours ago they're all tired but seems like Seulgi is still wide awake lying in her bed staring at the ceiling. She was really tired but she didn't know why she can't sleep. Another case of insomia? She didnt know.

Instead of sleeping she carefully grabbed her phone on her nightstand.

Wendy isnt sleeping in her usual room. Wendy and Yeri exchanged rooms. Now Yeri is beside her not Wendy.

Wendy started rooming with Irene when Seulgi caught them kissing in the kitchen. None of them knew they where in a relationship. Nobody. She wants to get mad. She wants to punch Wendy. She wants to tell Irene she's madly in love with her. But it's not so easy now was it? Good thing Joy is there to keep her sane. Joy is the only one who knows about Seulgi's feelings. In Joy's case she loves Wendy. But when she knew Wendy and Irene are together (source from Seulgi) she chose not to act on it. She just pretends that her heart is not being torn into pieces. Looks like Seulgi and Joy has the same faith. Seulgi and Joy chose not to tell Yeri to avoid some kind of drama.

Her train of thoughts where interrupted when her phone vibrated indicating someone messaged her. 1 message from Irene Bae.

'Hey Seul,I can't sleep. Wendy and I fought. Can you please come to my room? ..... Wendy's not here she's in the living room. Please. I need you.'

Seulgi doesnt know what to feel. She feels like Irene just calls for her when she needs her help. But Seulgi stood up anyway. She felt the cold winter air making her shiver. She grabbed a sweater then got out of her shared room with Yeri and Joy.

Seulgi could just sigh. "The things I do for you Irene."

[at Irene's room]

Irene is staring intently at her phone waiting for a reply. 'Of course she wouldnt reply. Knowing her she must be sleeping like a log by now.' Irene sighed.

She thought for a minute. She didnt know why she is feeling lonely. She has a girlfriend that makes her feel special. Then she realized what she is missing. Who she is missing.

She's missing her bestfriend-she's missing Seulgi.

Irene noticed this slight changes in their friendship. They didnt argue. They didnt fight at all. She just feels that Seulgi is slipping away from her minute by minute. And she doesnt know what to do.

Then she heard a soft knocking on her door. She walked gently to open the door. "Hey." Seulgi greeted her with a slight smile. "Hey Seul. What are you doing here? I thought--" Seulgi interrupted her. "Because." Seulgi looked at her. "You said you needed me. So here I am." Seulgi quietly chuckled.

Irene blushed at her sweet words. Seulgi let herself in Irene's room. She took her time in absorbing Irene and Wendy's shared room. "So how was rooming with Wendy been?" Seulgi questioned but not looking at Irene. "It's been great." Irene replied half-heartedly. She doesnt want to say she's feeling lonely these past days.

"That's g-good to hear." Seulgi managed to croak out a reply.

Silence. They stood there in silence. Seulgi's back is faced to Irene. Irene couldnt take it anymore. She back-hugged Seulgi and said some stuff that may or may not break their friendship. "Sseul,I missed you,you know?" Irene whispered in Seulgi's shoulders. "Don't worry. I did miss you too." Seulgi said while trying to keep her emotions in tact. Their hug only lasted for a second before Seulgi broke it. She can't take the risk. She might do something to Irene that she'll just regret later.

"Irene unnie,we better sleep we still have a early schedule tomorrow." Seulgi is ready to go out of Irene's room but not forgetting to give Irene a peck on the forehead.

Seulgi is already turning the knob only to be stopped by Irene's delicate touch.

"Sleep with me?" Irene asked.


And Seulgi thought.


'The things I do for you Bae Irene.'