Chapter Nine

Swirling Reds (Unending Thirst for You)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"It's nice to see you so..happy," Yifan started with a small grin, eyeing Sehun who sat on the couch next to him."I can't even remember the last time you've showed this much care to anything... well, maybe you do care for us similarly, but still." He patted the younger's shoulder, his eyes shining with pride.

"I... I just love him more than anything," Running a hair through his hair, the other let out a soft, somewhat dreamy sigh."I feel like my entire world had turned around... and all has changed for the better. I would have never thought that my mate could be this beautiful.."

"He really is quite a gem," the older of the two chuckled lightly," anyway, this is not what I've wanted to talk to you about. Sehun, Luhan is a bit... out of this world in a bad way. It seems like he had not been socialized well. He is incredibly awkward around the others, I'm sure that you've noticed this, too. We really need to do something in order to put him at ease... He needs to trust us fully. He can't be apart of a family that he is so.. scared about."

"I know," Sehun muttered lowly."But I want to give him some time. He was quite normal with Tao just now, I'm sure that he'll warm up to everyone fully, soon. We don't know where he comes from, so we can only guess that he's had a rough past."

"You're right," Yifan rubbed his temples slightly, his head aching from thinking so much about this issue. As the leader of their family - the dad according to some of the playful youngers - he had always put them in front of himself. He may not have known the small blond they have just found some time ago... but he was still family, and family had to be happy at all cost.

"I'll go back to him," Sehun said finally, pushing himself off the couch by ease. Before he could have started walking towards his - and now his sweet mate's - room, something small threw itself on him at full speed. 

Luhan wrapped his skinny arms around the other, nuzzling his neck with soft huffs."Hi.." he whispered cutely, clinging to the taller as if his life depended on it.

"Hi," chuckled Sehun, ruffling the smaller's hair lightly."Couldn't wait?" he asked jokingly, sighing inwardly when fear sparkled in those wide eyes he had grown to love so much.

"Sorry!" Luhan squeaked out, looking at the ground as he pulled away quickly. He tripped over his own foot, falling in his with a pained yelp. Blood rushed to his cheeks as embarrassment burnt in his chest: he should have been more careful. He couldn't even move without doing something stupid.

"Are you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter