fin

Of Loving and Letting Go

'I guess what I hate the most about being an idol,' he said 'Is the fact that I can't date freely.'

Murmurs were heard around the set. His bandmates stared at him in shock, not expecting him to voice out their honest thoughts.

'It makes me feel like I am not human. Like I am not allowed to look at girls like how normal guys would. And it hurts the most when I begin to develop feelings for her, but I have to keep it to myself because she will eventually hurt because of me if I confess and the public knows. So I continue to love her silently until she starts to get out of my grasp. And I can't do anything about it.'

Silence. 'Is there someone?' the host asked, reflecting on his words.

'Was. There was someone. But I let her go. You know, she actually confessed. But I turned her down. And the image of her tear stained face at our last meeting haunts me, kills me to this very day. It was then that I decided that this was what I hated the most about the industry. I followed my dreams, but I let go of the person who holds my heart.'

Leaning in, the host asked 'Do you know where she is right now?'

'No. After what I did, I don't think I deserve to know. But I hope she's doing well. I hope she found someone who can choose her over anything else. Because that's what she deserves. The best.'