transformer--chanyeol

exodus--

note: slightly suggestive


The bass rumbled through the floor of the club, flashing lights nearly blinding you as your heels vibrated with the pulsating rhythm. Seulgi shot you a blinding smile, yelling something about drinks as she disappeared in the crowd to presumably find some alcohol.

The heat of the club was nearly suffocating as you squeezed yourself out of the throng of people, managing to push your way to the booth area where Seulgi was waiting with vodka in hand, already chatting with the rest of your group that had come here to celebrate Namjoon’s birthday. Glass in hand, you clinked it against everyone else’s. “To Namjoon’s long life!” Hoseok and Taehyung cheered, downing their shots before Namjoon’s glass had even touched his lips.

“Guys, you’re supposed to wait for him to take the shot first…” Yoongi trailed off as Hoseok and Taehyung had already refilled their glasses and were now pressuring Jimin and Jungkook into playing a drinking game with them. You winked at Namjoon and raised your glass to him, smiling as you tipped your head back and let the vodka race a burning trail down your throat. Namjoon spluttered halfway through, coughing as Seokjin vigorously pounded his back.

“This vodka is ! Don’t tell me you cheaped out again…” Namjoon looked incredulously at Hoseok, who shrugged sheepishly.

“All vodka tastes like . Loosen up, Joon! The point of your birthday is to get drunk as fast as possible, not ponder how refined your juice tastes.” Hoseok smirked as he poured Namjoon another and Taehyung, who was already swaying on his feet after taking two more shots, clamped his hands around Jimin and Jungkook’s wrists and dragged them to the dance floor.

“Ooh!” Seulgi giggled and pointed into the crowd as the song changed into something fast and heavy, beat pounding through the speakers. “We’re in luck, Yoongi, they’ve got that really good DJ on tonight!”

You followed Seulgi’s finger and found a tall man folded over the turntables in the middle of the crowd, bouncing up and down with the beat. His long fingers held his headphones to his ear as he expertly transitioned between tracks and you watched, mesmerized, as he effortlessly hyped up the crowd, his deep voice vibrating through the air and washing over you, causing the back of your neck to heat up and prickle.

“Does he play here a lot?” Your voice comes out soft and unsteady and you looked around, realizing Seulgi had already run off to dance. Yoongi, however, stood next to you and quirked an eyebrow.

“Usually on Thursdays and Fridays. He’s also the DJ for the late-night hip-hop radio program on campus, but you knew that already, right?” Yoongi smirked. “After all, he’s usually after my slot, and everyone tunes into my program.”

“Sure, sure. I knew that…” You trail off distractedly as you watched him. “What’s his name?”

“Chanyeol. You seem…interested.” Yoongi’s suggestive tone had you glaring at him, his smirk widening as he wiggled his eyebrows at you. “I’m not saying anything, but he isn’t dating anyone, to my knowledge.”

“I don’t really care and I didn’t really ask, Yoongi.” You sighed as you turned away, your eyes drawn once again to his figure. You stiffened in surprise as you made eye contact, Chanyeol’s eyes locked on to yours from far across the dance floor, staring at you intently. You were unable to stop the blush creeping up your neck, feeling your body flush with warmth as Chanyeol’s intense gaze didn’t waver, causing you to look away first.

“Don’t care, my .” Yoongi walked away, shaking his head and chuckling.

The rest of the night passed in a blur, with Seulgi dragging you to the dance floor after an unholy amount of shots, ing the pair of you into the crowd to dance under the multicolored lights. Every so often, the back of your neck prickled, and sure enough, you would look up to find Chanyeol watching you, quickly breaking his gaze once he noticed you could see him staring. You pulled Seulgi out after an hour or so, feeling the buzz of the alcohol slowly beginning to wear off. “We’ve been dancing for too long, I’m starting to sober up. I’m gonna slip outside and get some fresh air, don’t do anything stupid, ok?”

“When have I ever done anything stupid?” Seulgi gasped in mock offense, pouting. “And is slipping outside code for following this hot DJ who’s been staring at you all night? Because if it isn’t, it should be.”

“No, it most certainly is not.” You rolled your eyes, turning on your heel and finding once again that Chanyeol was staring at you. This time, instead of breaking his gaze, his lips quirked into a half-smirk and he quirked his eyebrow. You tilted your head questioningly, and watched as he slipped out the back exit.

“I swear to god if you don’t follow him I’m going to kill you.”

“Shut up, Seulgi.” You walked towards the exit, hesitating slightly once you reached the door. I’m just going outside for some fresh air. That’s all. He has nothing to do with it. The door swung open and you stepped into the alley, the cool night air a pleasant change from the stuffy atmosphere of the club.

“Took you long enough.” The same low, rumbling voice from before was now suddenly much closer and softer. Chanyeol was leaning against the wall, a picture of ease, his lips still tilted up into that half-smirk that you found a little annoying but undeniably attractive.

“I have no idea what you’re talking about.” You raised your eyebrow at him, casually leaning against the wall next to him, feigning innocence.

“You think I didn’t see you staring at me?” Chanyeol’s voice was overly nonchalant, sounding as if he couldn’t care either way.

“Excuse me? Shouldn’t that be my line?” You countered. What kind of game is he playing? Chanyeol rounded on you, standing close enough that you could feel the warmth radiating off his tall frame. Your back pressed into the wall as he towered over you, one of his arms coming to rest on the wall by your head as he leaned over you. Oh. That kind of game.

“I have no idea what you’re talking about.” Chanyeol’s tone was light, distracting you from the face that his face was inching closer and closer. You inhaled sharply as your eyes caught his, gaze locking you in place. You could smell his cologne, filling your senses and surrounding you with the scent of musk and cinnamon, warm and enticing.

You felt Chanyeol’s other hand settle on your hip, large and warm and making your heart speed up far more than it should, betraying the direction your thoughts were going. Chanyeol chuckled as if he could read your mind, letting his nose brush against yours as he rubbed circles into your hipbone with his thumb. His lips barely brushed against yours, speaking softly. “Out of curiosity, who were those guys you were drinking with so heavily with earlier?”

“You don’t even know my name and you’re already jealous?”

“Just checking that I’m not ruining some relationship before kissing you. Common courtesy, really. I’m a compassionate guy.” He was nosing against your cheek, his warm breath on your face scrambling your mind.

You snort and slowly, deliberately press your lips against his, drawing back quickly. “Does that answer your question?”

“It does.” Chanyeol regarded you seriously for a second before he leaned in again and pressed his lips fully against yours. His hand came up and cupped your cheek gently, angling your head and moving his mouth against yours, lips soft and plump. Your hands automatically fisted into his button down, pulling him close against you as the kiss heated up, his tongue tracing your bottom lip before nipping at it teasingly, drawing the breath out of you. You broke the kiss for just a second to catch your breath before he was kissing you again, arms wrapping fully around you, holding you flush against him as he nibbled again, pulling a small mewl from your kiss-swollen lips. Your hands tangled into his hair and tugged on the soft grey strands as his tongue entered your mouth, skillfully dancing with yours. The kiss was open mouthed and messy and absolutely dizzying, and you could feel your brain sluggishly trying to process everything. Am I really going to make out with a practical stranger—

The door to your left bangs open and your thoughts are cut short as you hear Seulgi’s voice ring through the air. “Sorry to interrupt, but Namjoon wants a group picture and we really should be getting home anyway.” Seulgi pins you with a knowing look, noting your rather disheveled appearance, doing her best not to laugh. Chanyeol grumbled something about getting ed and Seulgi couldn’t help the laugh that escaped her. “If you aren’t back inside in five minutes, I’m coming back out here.” She re-entered the club, undoubtedly excited to tell everyone just exactly what you had been doing.

You look at Chanyeol, who was now approximately a foot away from you after jumping back in fright from the slam of the door opening. You quirk an eyebrow at him and run a hand through your hair, trying to arrange it properly so you didn’t look like you had just been making out with some guy, which, to be fair, you had. “Sorry, but my friend’s birthday trumps making out with a stranger in an alley. It was nice while it lasted, though.” You throw him a wink as you open the door to leave.

“Wait! Uh…My name’s Chanyeol.” He was suddenly acting sheepish, rubbing the back of his neck as if he was embarrassed.

“Yes…? And?” You tilted your head curiously.

“Well, what’s your name?”

You pretended to think over the question for a few seconds before you shot him a smirk over your shoulder, feeling rather confident in yourself.

“If we meet again, I’ll tell you.”


a/n: it's been two years but what matters is I actually wrote it, right? lmao