st Episode

Dads From the EXO-Planet

Episode 1: "When I'm With You, I Know Everything Will Be Alright" 

 

[Leaving without Mama/Appa for the first time, how will the babies react?]


// Today is Mothers' Day, and XIUMIN decided to make breakfast for his husband Kyungsoo... //

 

XIUMIN worked around the kitchen, buzzing here and there, ducking to look for pans, and reaching up the cupboards for pots and jars, and as much as he hated dirt and grime, he was making a mess inside the kitchen with all his ministrations. 

"Aishh..." he muttered, as he the faucet to soak the pot. It was the third pot he had burned. He wiped away his sweat as he pushed his hair back with a hairband. He had been told that today was the first day of the shoot for 'The Return of Superman'. The very first day he and Mikyung are going to spend the day out, but this time, without Kyungsoo.

And today, was also Mothers' Day, so XIUMIN decided to prepare something for his husband, as also a form of wishing him and Mikyung luck, as well as the rest of the cast who will also be filming at different locations that day.

 

XIUMIN: 'This will be my wish for all of us to have fun with our kids more starting today, but let's not forget out mothers who raised us and cared for us and are the reasons we are here right now...'

'But of course, let's not forget our beautiful wives and husbands, who took care of us and loved us so much, and became role models for our kids, Kyungsoo-ya, saranghae~' //blushes//

 

As he was still scrubbing off the burnt rice from the bottom of the pot, he didn't hear the door creak open...

 

/-/-/-/

 

|| Here we have Kyungsoo-ssi, XIUMIN-ssi's husband, and Mikyung-ah who just woke up as well... ||

 

[What do you think he's doing right now?"]

 

"I just hope he won't burn down my kitchen..." Kyungsoo said softly, returning his gaze to XIUMIN's back who was bent over the sink as he washed the pots with much gusto. 

"I want to help him... Can I go help him?" Kyungsoo whispered to the camera, which just moved up and down as a sign of agreement. "Okay, thank you. Mikyung-ah, want to help appa and omma make breakfast?" he said to his daughter as he crouched down to her level and gave her a hug, and a kiss when the four year old smiled and nodded as she slipped her hand into Kyungsoo's.

Kyungsoo made a shushing gesture with his finger and placed it by his mouth, so Mikyung nodded to show that she understood. Then the two made slow, careful and quiet steps to avoid XIUMIN seeing them...

 

[HWAITING!!]

 

|| PD-nim is cheering you on, Kyungsoo-ssi! Mikyung-ah! XIUMIN-ssi, too! ||

 

/-/-/-/

 

"Ahh... I need to get this clean before Kyungsoo-yah sees this," Minseok mumbled to himself, as he scrubbed the pot vigorously to rid it of the burnt substances at the bottom.

"Before who sees what?" a deep voice said from behind him.

As XIUMIN turned to see, he had forgotten that he was holding up the pot with his two hands, so the moment he noticed it, he let go, which then resulted to the pot falling directly on top of XIUMIN's toes before rolling away a few centimeters on the floor, trailing water and soap behind in its tracks.

 

"EYOWCH!" XIUMIN wailed as he fell into a fetal position to nurse his toes. Luckily, he had then thought of wearing a soldier get-up, hence his toes being kept safe, thanks to his thick, combat boots.

Kyungsoo, out of concern, picked up the pot and placed it inside the sink, and not forgetting to turn off the faucet, he crouched down beside XIUMIN, who looked like he was fighting back his tears. "Are you okay?" Kyungsoo had asked. 

 

|| Silly Kyungsoo-ssi! Of course he's not okay! ||

 

"Y-Yeah, I'm good... Why're you up so early, though?" XIUMIN managed to say as he slumped down onto the floor, pulling Kyungsoo with him in a tight hug. "I heard a ruckus, so I came to check, and boy. Was I surprised to see you in the kitchen," Kyungsoo joked, smiling widely as he hugged XIUMIN just as tight. "Sorry for making a mess." XIUMIN mumbled into Kyungsoo's hair.

"It's okay. Let's go clean this up so I can make breakfast for us." Kyungsoo nods against XIUMIN's chest. He pulled away to get up on his feet. "Today's your big day, too!" Kyungsoo added as he reached out to XIUMIN, who gratefully accepted the former's hand. 

 

The two adults got up to their feet and started working their way around the kitchen. After grabbing some dish towels from the rack, XIUMIN saw Mikyung standing awkwardly by the counter. "Mikyung-ah?" XIUMIN said softly as he crouched down to meet her eyes. The little girl looked up slowly, eyes filled with curiosity. "Do you want to help appa clean?" XIUMIN said, handing a towel to Mikyung, who took it whilst staring at the cloth curiously.

"Mikyung-ah? Come help appa clean so eomma can make us pancakes, okay?" Kyungsoo said from the stove. He was wiping off all the burnt residue as he said so. 

 

Mikyung looked down at the towel in her hands, then up at her appa, who was looking at her hopefully, then she peered over to Kyungsoo, who was still scrubbing off the burnt things while humming a song, then back to XIUMIN, before finally looking down at the towel as she nodded slowly. 

 

XIUMIN stopped at the sight before him. Mikyung was smiling at her. He shook his head free of all his worries, and just got up on his feet, as he held onto Mikyung's hand to guide her to a stepping-stool so she could reach the countertop.

 

XIUMIN: 'I know I can make this work. Mikyung-ah and I can do this. We can all do this! Everyone, fighting!!" 

 

/-/-/-/

 

"Oh, by the way, why are you wearing that get-up, anyway?"

"I just know that the kitchen's a battlefield, and stepping foot into it would be like walking in on a war..."

"Whatever you say, hyung. Whatever you say..."

 

/-/-/-/

 

|| XIUMIN-ssi failed to prepare a surprise for Kyungsoo-ssi, but in the end, he got to spend some quality time with his family before heading out with Mikyung-ah ||

 

[How did you feel with how the events turned out?]

 

XIUMIN: At first I was a bit disappointed, since I wasn't able to make breakfast for my wife, but then when he offered to help me clean so he can make us food, I couldn't be happier than that. //blushes while smiling//

 

[How did Mikyung-ah react when you left your house without Kyungsoo-ssi?]

 

XIUMIN: Mikyung was calm, or rather, she had been staring into the distance with a blank face. She must still be surprised or in shock that she's going out with me, sicne she's used to going out with Kyungsoo-ya only, and not me. Never me...

 

|| Aw, don't be sad, XIUMIN-ssi! We're sure you and Mikyung-ah will have a good time on your first day out together!! ||

 

//>.>.>//>.>.>//>.>.>//

COMMERCIAL BREAK

//>.>.>//>.>.>//>.>.>//

 

// And now we're back to The Return of Superman: Dads From the EXO-Planet Edition! After seeing XIUMIN deal with his surprise for his wife, we'll now head onto our next dad, KRIS, and check out what he has in store... //

KRIS, as per usual, woke up later than the rest of the tenants of the Wu residence. He got up, stretched, and finally yawned, before completely getting up from the bed. He fumbled around the bed, his own way of (trying) to fix the bed. He left the room half-asleep, and left the bed done with a sloppy job.

He entered the bathroom to take a quick shower. As he was just putting on a shirt, the door slammed open, revealing Zitao in his pajamas. "Baba, wake up! Oh, you're awake now! Let's go, let's go, let's go, let's go!" Zitao shrieked, trying to pull KRIS up on his feet. 

 

"What is it, Tao-ya?" KRIS mumbled as he let out another yawn.

 

"Baba promised to do morning exercise with Taozi today! You promised!" Zitao explained, flailing his arms around him. KRIS could only groan, since he was still barely awake, and now his son was egging him to go exercise with him. The sound of KRIS's groaning was translated to Zitao as a sign that meant no. 

"B-Baba doesn't want to?" Zitao's voice whispered, before running out of the room.

 

KRIS was just about to lay back on the bed when his thoughts were suddenly cleared. "Ack! Wait!" KRIS bellowed, as he struggled to get up from the bed. He looked down to find his legs tangled with the blankets. The moment he freed his legs, he made a run for it, before stopping slightly in front of Junmyeon, his husband, carrying a crying Zitao in his arms.

"That's not very nice of you, Yifan." Junmyeon tutted, as he swayed a little to the beat of one of Zitao's favorite songs to calm him down. "You need to do his morning exercises with him, since you did promise him," the smaller man commanded, He had a small, soft, and gentle voice, perfect for calming children down, and a short stature to go with it. But his aura is strong enough to make even the fiercest of dragons bow before him, and bend to his will.

 

KRIS had a little staring contest with Junmyeon before sighing loudly, and throwing his hands in the air as the universal sign for 'I give up!'. He opened his arms to show Junmyeon that he's accepting Zitao anytime now. 

 

/-/-/-/

 

KRIS: When I first met Junmyeon, he was the Student Council president of the school. He had the face of an angel, but he could make the schoolyard delinquents turn into sheep following after him with just one stare.

KRIS: Yep. He's that intimidating.

 

|| kekekeke ||

 

[Does he use "the stare" often?]

 

KRIS: Ever since having Tao, he's reduced the usual number of times he does, so almost a half, and yes. I'm usually at the receiving end of them all. //pouts//

 

PD-nim: //swoons//

 

/-/-/-/

 

"Tao-ya..." KRIS tried coaxing the boy out of his cocoon of blankets in his room. "Tao-ya, baba's sorry, okay?" Baba just woke up, so..." KRIS tried whispering to Tao. He then proceeded into winding his long arms around the lump of blankets, thus earning a shriek, as well as a string of giggles from the boy.

"Baba! It tickles! Stop it! Stop it!" the boy continued to squeal, as he tried pulling away from KRIS. "No. Not until Tao-ya forgives baba!" KRIS teased, as he hugged the boy tighter. For a second, Tao stopped struggling, and looked up at his baba. "Taozi forgives baba now," he says slowly in cracked Korean. He offers a shy smile to the adult, who in turn was blushing madly. 

 

"Baba, are you okay? Your face is red! Are you sick? Appa, Taozi thinks baba is sick! His face is all red!" Tao yells, hoping that his appa would hear. 

And fortunately he did.

 

"Taozi, don't worry. Just give baba a kiss so he can return to normal!" Junmyeon shouted back from the other room. He just shook his head at the thought of his husband and son playing around.

 

/-/-/-/

 

[Does KRIS-ssi blush easily?]

 

Junmyeon gives out a small laugh before composing himself and nodding shortly. "Yifan looks like a scary dragon, but deep insode, he's just a big softie! He cries and blushes easily, which was one of the things we often with. His best friend, Chanyeol, likes pointing that out."

 

"Please don't tell him I told you!" Junmyeon added, his smile serene, but his eyes say something else.

 

[D-Don't worry, Junmyeon-ssi! You can t-trust us with this i-information!]

 

PD-nim: //gulps//

 

/-/-/-/

 

KRIS appeared from the room, with an enthusiastic Tao perched on his shoulders. Junmyeon turned to greet his boys, but instead he settles for the usual naggings. "Yifan, put him down. He's going to hit his head!" He says, as he put on his most ferocious pout.

 

|| Junmyeon-ssi is as frightening as a potato! ||

 

|| kekeke ~||

 

"'Myeon, don't worry too much. He's fine, right?" KRIS reassured his now-fuming husband. Tao just nods furiously, as to not get him and his baba in trouble with his appa. "Aishh... Whatever. Taozi, get down now so we can eat breakfast," Junmyeon shrugged, as he turned to the stove to get three servings of oatmeal for them.

As Junmyeon was about to place the bowls onto the table, he was surprised when Tao and KRIS were both holding out a bouquet of flowers, a small box, and Tao's art project from school. 

 

"Happy mothers' day, 'Myeon-ah!"

"Happy mothers' day, appa!"

 

The two boys placed their gifts on the table to engulf Junmyeon is a tight hug. "W-What is all this?" Junmyeon asked in between tears. "It's mothers' day today, silly! Did you think we'd forget?" KRIS said, the smaller man's back in an attempt to make him stop crying. "Appa, stop crying! You can't cry! Uljima! Uljima!" Tao cheered, as he hugged his appa tighter.

"Why? Why can't appa cry, Taozi?" Junmyeon said, as he wiped away his tears with a smile.

 

/-/-/-/

 

KRIS: Junmyeon-ah, aigoo... Well, he looks really beautiful, right? But when he cries, he... //shrugs//

That's why me and Tao-ya do our best to not make him cry too much...

 

/-/-/-/

 

"That's because-- mrfph!!" Tao was cut off by KRIS' hand over his mouth, 'Before he says anything!' 

"Hey, why don't we eat up now? Tao-ya, sit down. We have a big day ahead of us. You too, Junmyeon-ah!" KRIS said, as he ushered the other two to their seats. They ate in silence, with a few whines from Tao (he likes his oatmeal with fruits and chocolate) and a few grunts from KRIS (Junmyeon would kick KRIS under the table since it is mothers' day, so he's supposed to be excused form his motherly duties).

 

/-/-/-/

 

As KRIS was washing the dishes, and Tao was upstairs, packing his bag, Junmyeon approached KRIS silently, and gave the taller man a backhug. "Thanks for the surprise," he mumbled into KRIS's back, inhaling his lover's addicting scent. KRIS turned off the faucet and wiped his hands on his sweatpants. "Eh, it was all Tao-ya's plan, so he gets more credit than me. He also picked the flowers, I just paid for them," KRIS said with his signature gummy smile. 

"Aigoo~ What should I do with you two?" Junmyeon pouted, as KRIS stooped down to plant a kiss on the shorter's cheek. "I could name a few things, but I'd rather you don't stop being my and Tao-ya's favorite appa," KRIS said with a smile. "Aishh... You and your sweet words!" Junmyeon laughed, as he playfully hit KRIS. 

 

KRIS: 'Just don't stop being you, Junmyeon-ah,'

 

/-/-/-/

 

[So how did Zitao-ya react when you two left home?]

 

KRIS: As always, he was ecstatic. Bouncing in his seat, practically!

 

[What about Junmyeon-ssi?]

 

KRIS: Ah, Junmyeon gave me a list. Again. But really, it's okay. It just shows how much he cares for the both of us.

 

[Are you excited for today?]

 

KRIS: Definitely. Especially since I'm spending some quality time with Tao! //gives a double-thumbs up//

 

|| kekeke ||

 

[We hope you'll enjoy our activities for you two! Fighting!!]

 

//>.>.>//>.>.>//>.>.>//

COMMERCIAL BREAK

//>.>.>//>.>.>//>.>.>//

 

// And now we're back to The Return of Superman: Dads From the EXO-Planet Edition! After seeing XIUMIN deal with his surprise for his wife, and how KRIS handles his mornings, let's go see what CHEN has planned... //

 

|| Here's Baekhyun-ssi and Taehyung-ssi's self camera! ||

 

"Yes, hello there. This is International Star Who Is In Charge of Eyeliner, Baekhyun. And this is my son, Taehyung-ah. Say hi to the camera, baby," Baekhyun said, winding an arm around his son's waist. The boy, who has a striking resemblance to the older man, shyly waved before hiding behind his eomma.

"Ne, um, today, ah, Dae should be the one doing this, but he's still asleep, right, Tae?" Baekhyun turned to the boy, who was still standing behind his eomma. "Aw, don't be shy, baby. Right, we're whispering right now so he won't notice us." Baekhyun made a 'shh' action as he pulled Taehyung with him, and crawled to another location.

 

"We're now outside our bedroom, and we're about to ambush him, so please stay quiet, okay?" Baehyun said, smiling a little, and mouthing a 'fighting!' to the camera before entering the room.

 

/-/-/-/

 

CHEN woke up when he felt an extra weight on top of him. "Taehyung-ah, Baekhyun-ah, please move." he mumbled, as he tried covering his face with a pillow. "No can do, babe! You and Tae have to go somewhere today, right baby?" Baekhyun, CHEN's husband, and fellow artist cooed at their four-year old son, Taehyung, who was in the middle of squishing his appa's cheeks while telling him to get up.

"Appa, ireona! Ireona! Ireona!" the boy cheered, as he poked his appa's cheeks. "Urgh, five more minutes, please?" CHEN groaned, trying to swat his husband's and son's hands away from his face. 

 

"Aishh! What to do with you two?" CHEN said out loud, as he grabbed Taehyung's waist with one arm, and Baekhyun's waist with the other, and pulled them into bed beside him. Both Baekhyun and Taehyung let out surprised yelps, which then turned into giggles in a matter of seconds. "Are you awake now?" Baekhyun asked CHEN, as he kissed the tip of the younger's nose. 

"Maybe..." CHEN teased. Baekhyun just giggled as he turned towards Taehyung, and said:

 

"Tae-ah, you have to kiss appa, so he will wake up!"

 

Taehyung looked at Baekhyun with curious eyes. "C-Cinderella?" the boy asked, as he tilted his head sideways in confusion. "Aigoo, not Cinderella, baby, but Sleeping Beauty. Say it with eomma, 'Sleeping Beauty'!" Baekhyun said, as he kissed the top of the boy's head.

 

Unbeknownst to them, CHEN had drifted off to sleep again.

 

"S-Sleep? Sleepi..ng Be-Beautii?" Taehyung said slowly, letting the foreign words roll off his tongue. "You're getting close, baby. Sleeping Beauty!" Baekhyun encouraged the boy. "S-Sleeping... Beauty!" Taehyung cheered, which had Baekhyun pull him in for a hug. "You got it, baby! You got it! Sleeping Beauty! Now, you need to kiss appa so he will wake up," Baekhyun whispered to the boy, who had then returned to poking his appa's cheeks.

 

"Like Sleeping Beauty?" the boy looked up.

"Yes, like Sleeping Beauty. Kiss appa here, on his lips, okay?" Baekhyun pointed at CHEN's mouth.

 

"Ne," Taehyung whispered. He then moved slightly so he was sitting on his appa's left side, and then bent over his appa's sleeping face, and planted a quick kiss on the older man's lips, which in turn earned him a squeal from Baekhyun, and a CHEN who's now fully awake.

"Okay, who did that?" CHEN mumbled as he rubbed the sleep from his eyes. He opened them slowly, and peeked at Baekhyun, who was still giggling, and Taehyung, who was by then hiding behind Baekhyun. CHEN chuckled as he reached out to grab Taehyung. "It was you, wasn't it? You kissed appa, right?" CHEN said to his little boy in between his shower of kisses on the boy's face. 

 

"Like Sleeping B-Beauty!" the boy squealed, as his attempts of covering his face seemed even more futile, what with Baekhyun kissing the other side of his face.

"Like Sleeping Beauty, huh? Did eomma teach you that?" CHEN said, as he looked up at Baekhyun who was smirking. Taehyung nodded slowly, still giggling from his appa's and eomma's attacks.

 

"Aigoo~ Good morning, Taehyung-ah," CHEN said finally, his voice still hoarse from the sleep. He hugged the boy tight before letting the boy go. "G'Morning, Baek," CHEN said, leaning in to kiss his husband on the mouth, only to be stopped by the older's hands. "Nuh-uh, mister. You go wash up and brush your teeth first!" Baekhyun ordered with a grin. 

CHEN just laughed before pecking Baekhyun's cheek quickly as he made a run for the bathroom. "Yah!" Baekhyun squeaked after his husband's figure disappeared. He just shook his head and laughed a little at his own and his husband's childishness, before heading off to look for something to eat.

 

/-/-/-/

 

[Do people recognize him on the streets?]

 

"Thankfully, we're not that noticeable. I mean, in this part of the neighborhood, I think everyone knows who we are, so, they just got used to seeing us on the streets, or something," Baekhyun shrugged.

 

[We've heard that when you and CHEN-ssi are together, it's almost impossible to tell you two apart from the backside. How do we--]

 

"Wait, backside?" Baekhyun said through muffled giggles. "Oh my god, does Jongdae know? About this? Oh man, he's gonna throw a fit!" Baekhyun falls out of his chair while clutching his stomach from laughing too much.

 

[Erm...]

 

|| These two are like children, really -_- ||

 

/-/-/-/

 

"Where's Taehyung?" CHEN said, the moment he stepped foot in the kitchen. Baekhyun didn't even need to turn around, but just pointed the spatula at Taehyung's di, who was busy coloring fruits in his giant coloring book. CHEN slid into the seat beside his son, and ruffled the boy's hair to get his attention. "Hey there, champ! Whatcha doing?" CHEN asked the boy, peering over his shoulder to get a glimpse. 

"Fruit!" Taehyung said, showing the page with a half-colored banana, an orange watermelon, and a violet apple, laid on top of a table. 

 

/-/-/-/

 

CHEN: Taehyung-ah, he, uh, he may or may not have speech impediment, but really. It sometimes worries me how, and why he has yet to speak correctly.

That's one of the things I envy Baekhyun for: his patience, and the fact that he understands whatever it is that Taehyung wants to say.

I want to be able to do that, too. And to teach my son how to sing, so he can join me and Baek when we have duets, or something...

 

|| CHEN-ssi fighting!! ||

 

/-/-/-/

 

CHEN continues to color with Taehyung, trying his best to teach the four-year old to color within the lines. Until Baekhyun set down a steaming bowl of kimchi jjigae in front of them. "Did you make this?" CHEN asks, prodding the stew with a fork. Baekhyun just snorts at the question. "Of course not. It's Chanyeol's. He dropped by last night with Jongin, who by the way, reminded me to tell you about today." he said, as he set another plate on the table.

 

|| CHEN was out until midnight the other day for a CF filming, and was knocked out the moment he arrived home. ||

 

They take turns feeding Taehyung a portion of their jjigae, until the boy hopped down to get a glass of cold milk. "So, what're you gonna do while we're out?" CHEN asked Baekhyun through a mouthful of rice. "Don't talk with your mouth full, jeez. You're like a kid sometimes," Baekhyun teasingly tsked, as he wiped some sauce from CHEN's chin.

"Says the one who cried like a baby when Rapunzel cut her hair," CHEN teased back, who got a slap on his arm, courtesy of a blushing Baekhyun. "Yah! Don't make fun of me!" Baekhyun pouted. "Aigoo, don't pout, baby. You look too cute," CHEN mumbled against the older man's lips. They kissed for a second, before laughing out loud, and then finally returning to their meal. 

 

Taehyung was back, and was carrying three cartons of his favorite strawberry milk. "S-Straw!" Taehyung said, successfully gaining the two adults' attentions. Before CHEN could even act, Baekhyun stooped down to punch the straw on one of the milk cartons. "All better?" he asked the boy, who nodded as he sipped his milk in glee. 

 

With his other hand, Taehyung handed Baekhyun the other two cartons, and motioned for CHEN as well. "Taehyungie's giving these for eomma and appa?" Baekhyun asked the boy, as he slid one carton to CHEN.

The boy, who was slurping his milk loudly, nodded, as he drank his milk to the last drop. "Thank you, baby!" Baekhyun and CHEN said, as the enveloped their son in a hug. 

 

The two males were then done with their meal, opting to play a round of 'Scissors, Paper, Rock' to determine who would be in charge of washing the dishes and clearing the table. In a heartbeat, Baekhyun's paper had beaten CHEN's rock, 'Men choose 'rock', okay? I'm a real man!' and then set off to wash the sink clean.

The moment he was done with, he turned to wipe the table, only to be surprised with Taehyung sitting in his seat, with his backpack placed in front of him, and the table sparkling clean. "Did eomma clean the table, baby?" CHEN asked the boy, who just smiled, 'very Baekhyun of him,' and nodded. "Huh," CHEN just sighed out loud. 

 

CHEN then grabbed his keys, and opened the garage to get his Mini out. Once the vehicle was out on the sidewalk, he guided Taehyung in the car. CHEN  was just about to start the engine, Baekhyun emerged from the front door. "Wait for me!" he said, pulling the passenger seat's door wide open, before shoving his bag onto the floor and plopping down.

"Where are you going?" CHEN asked his husband, quirking a curious eyebrow at the other. "Chanyeol's place. Jongin's going out with you guys, remember?" Baekhyun panted as he tried to catch his breath. 

 

CHEN: 'Huh?'

 

"Oh, right! Yeah, cool. You staying over at their place?" CHEN inquired, as he put the car into gear, and drove off to the next town, to Chanyeol and Jongin's place. "Why? Are you okay with leaving your beautiful, and super talented, and oozing with iness husband all alone?" Baekhyun said, as he wagged his eyebrows suggestively. 

"Pshh, yeah right." CHEN could only snicker. Within less than an hour, they arrive at CHEN's younger brother's house. They parked in front of the house, when a smiling giant came out to greet them. "You're here! Jongin, they're here!" he said, jumping up and down while flailing his arms about. The Kim family exited the car, and before they could even make it past the gate, they were caught in the smiling giant's long arms in a, literally, breathtaking hug. 

 

"Yah, Kim Chanyeol! Let go of me!" Baekhyun said, wriggling away from the taller's hugging-wrath, but only got pulled in tighter. "But I missed you guys!" he said, his deep baritone filling their ears. "We just saw you last night, you idiot!" Bakehyun said, pinching at Chanyeol's arms. "Ow, Baek! Stop! But, hey, I didn't get to see Jongdae last night, so, yeah." the tall man shrugged, loosening his hug a little.

Baekhyun squirmed free, and pulled Taehyung with him. "Then leave me and Taehyung out of this!" Baekhyun yelled, as he made his way into the Kim-Park residence. He and Taehyung were then greeted by KAI, who was kneeling on one knee, as he helped his twins, Taeyeon and Taejong, into their cute, yellow jackets. 

 

KAI turned and saw the two hovering by the door. "Oh, Baek-hyung! And Taehyung-ah, too! Where's Jongdae hyung and Chanyeol?" he said, standing up and leading his visitors to sit on the sofa. The twins hid and clung to their appa's legs. "Aigoo. Our little Taeyeonnie and Taejongie are so cute! Do you remember who I am? Look, it's your Tae-hyung!" Baekhyun said, nudging Taehyung forward, who was staring at his shoes.

"Hyung..." the twins mumble, but return to their hiding when Taehyung looked up at them. "Taeyeon-ah, you call him 'oppa', okay? Taehyung is your oppa," Baekhyun smiled. KAI smiled at his twins, as he looked at the three cousins ever so fondly, until the peacefulness was broken by a low voice and tinkling laughter.

 

"A-YO KJD AND PCY IN DA HOUSE Y'ALL!" CHEN and Chanyeol entered unceremoniously, with CHEN beatboxing for Chanyeol's impromptu rap:

 

"KJD and PCY 

You know what's fly?

Yeah roll with us

Everyday every night

Feeling glorious

Ain't nobody can't stop this now

Ain't nobody don't know how

Uh, uh, yeah, here we go!"

 

And then the two proceeded to dance. And by dance, they meant by thrashing and moving about in random poses, successfully creeping out the kids. They stopped only when CHEN was out of breath, and Chanyeol ran out of his rap. The two fist-bumped before dropping onto the floor in a panting mess. Baekhyun and KAI just exchanged one look before groaning and getting up to check on their stupid husbands.

"You two done?" Baekhyun said, peering over at CHEN, who was having a coughing fit. He helped the younger man up to rub down his back soothingly. Chanyeol, on the other hand, was dragged up to his feet by KAI. 

 

"So, what now?" CHEN asks his brother. "Well, we can leave now, so we can reach to our filming site early, and finish early, so we can get home early?" KAI said, looking over to his twins, who were too engrossed with their Tae-hyung, who was showing them his coloring book. "And then Baekkie and I are gonna stay here and practice this new song!" Chanyeol said, slinging a long arm over the older's shoulders, only to be shrugged off. 

"What new song?" KAI and CHEN said in unison. "It's still a secret, but soon enough, you're gonna hear it!" Baekhyun winked, as he went over to the three kids and gave each one a kiss on the forehead, before pushing the three gently towards CHEN and KAI. "You boys have fun, and don't let Taeyeon-ah on her own, okay? Take care of each other!" Baekhyun said, as he waved the children and his husband and KAI as they drove out of the driveway.

 

/-/-/-/

 

[Are you excited for your trip with Taehyung-ah?]

 

CHEN: Of course I am! Not only that, we get to hang out with my dongsaeng and his twins! //smiles//

 

PD-nim: //swoons//

 

|| Aw, CHEN-ssi is so adorable! ||

 

|| PD-nim is a CHEN-fan kekeke ||

 

[What about KAI-ssi, how's he faring?]

 

CHEN: Jonginnie's fine. His twins are way too shy for my liking, though... //pouts//

 

|| We're all wishing that the Kim Tae-twins will come out of their shell soon! ||

 

[Fighting!!]

 

//>.>.>//>.>.>//>.>.>//

COMMERCIAL BREAK

//>.>.>//>.>.>//>.>.>//

 

// And now we're back to The Return of Superman: Dads From the EXO-Planet Edition! After seeing XIUMIN deal with his surprise for his wife, and how KRIS handles his mornings, CHEN and his very animated way of waking up, let's now head on to our next dad, KAI, and see what he has to show... //

 

|| Prior to common knowledge, rapper-composer Park Chanyeol  is married to dancer-choreographer Kim Jongin. With that in mind, how do twins Kim Taeyeon and Kim Taejong spend their mornings? ||

 

"Good morning boys and girls~!" A deep baritone filled the twins Taeyeon and Taejong's ears. Slowly, one by one, the three-year olds opened their eyes, only to be filled with a bright smile in front of their faces. The twins smiled in return, which earned a giggle from their eomma. "Aigoo~ My babies are so cute!" the deep voice bellowed.

 

"Ne, Taeyeon-ah, Taejong-ah, want to go wake appa with eomma?" the owner of the deep voice, Park Chanyeol, said, as he lifted both children in each of his arms. "Aigoo~ eomma's babies are growing really fast!" Chanyeol cooed, as he made his way towards their bedroom. He stopped in front of the bed, which had a KAI sleeping soundly.

He placed the babies in the bed, and let them crawl over to KAI. "Let's all shout 'appa!' to wake appa up, okay?" Chanyeol instructed the twins, who nodded with a smile. "Okay. 1,2,3..."

 

"APPA!!"

 

KAI roused from his slumber. He rubbed his eyes free of sleep, as he slowly sat up, and gathered his children, and gave them a kiss on hte cheek each. "Morning you two," he mumbled. The twins crawled out of KAI's reach as Chanyeol replaced the children in KAI's arms. "Good morning to you, hyung," KAI mumbled against Chanyeol's lips. 

"Today's your big day. You excited?" Chanyeol said, as he let KAI pepper kisses all over his face. "Kinda..." KAI said with a sigh. "Pshh... Did you forget that you'll be filming with Jongdae and Taehyung today?" Chanyeol said, as he pulled his overgrown-baby of a husband up to his feet. At Chanyeol's state, his tall, and much heavier husband was leaning against him. 

 

"Come on, now. Wake up, I need to make breakfast." Chanyeol said,in all his deep, baritone-voiced glory. The younger only whined as he pulled away, and trudged his way towards the bathroom. Chanyeol then went into the kitchen, and found the twins sitting at the table, with the plates already set. "Did you two set these up?" Chanyeol said, as he ruffled Taejong's hair, and kissed Taeyeon on top of her head. 

The two could only blush and nod. Chanyeol then gave them a smile, as he tied a baby blue apron around his waist. He turned to the stove to fry some eggs and bacon. At that, KAI entered, wearing a simple shirt and jeans wiht a gray cardigan to top it off. "Hey, would you like some pancakes, or what?" Chanyeol asked, without even turning. "Anything's fine. But yeah, pancakes would be great," KAI answers, as he heads to the coffee maker. As soon as he turned the machine on, he turned to his twins. "Juice or milk?" he asked, as he shifted to look at the two.

 

"Juice," Taejong said, giving his appa a toothy grin. "M-Milk," Taeyeon answered, a few seconds later than her brother. KAI only smiled as he ruffled the twins with each hand. He then approached the fridge to get the juice and milk, and poured a glass of each, and placed them in front of his kids. At the same time, Chanyeol began stacking pancakes on four plates, and topping everything with a slice of butter and some syrup. He then placed the eggs and bacon on a separate plate for each.

He didn't even bother to remove his apron, and just sat across his daughter, while KAI sat beside him. The four ate in silence, with ocassional cooing from Chanyeol and giggling from KAI and the kids. KAI stood by the sink to collect everyone's plates, as Chanyeol walked the kids back upstairs to give them a bath, and help them get dressed.

 

And in practiced precision, Chanyeol reappeared with the twins, dressed in matching sailor-like clothes, and two yellow jackets in his arm. KAI had just finished wiping his hands on a paper towel when he walked up to Chanyeol and pecked his cheek. "Thanks, hyung." he said with a smile, which Chanyeol mirrored, as he pinched KAI's cheek, and gave the jackets to KAI.

"Where are you going, hyung?" KAI said, when he noticed Chanyeol about to exit the front door. "I'm gonna go unlock the gate, and welcome Baek and Jongdae," he said, twirling a keyring on his index finger. "Oh, okay," KAI answered, as he kneeled to help his twins into their jackets.

 

/-/-/-/

 

"Now, Taeyeonnie and Taejongie are going out with appa." KAI said, as he slowly inserted Taeyeon's arms into the jacket. "E-Eomma?" the girl asked just as slowly, as she let her appa button up the jacket. "Eomma will stay at home," KAI said, moving on to help Taejong, who was playing with the jacket that he tied around his neck, and pretending to be a superhero. "Just appa and Taejongie and Taeyeonnie?" Taejong asked, as he giggled when KAI removed the jacket from his neck. "Yup. Just appa, Taejongie, and Taeyonnie," KAI answered with a warm smile. 

 

/-/-/-/

 

Just then, he noticed another presence behind him. He  turned, and saw his brother-in-law, Baekhyun, hovering by the doorway with Taehyung. "Oh, Baek-hyung! And Taehyung-ah, too! Where's Jongdae hyung and Chanyeol?" he said, as he motioned for his visitors to sit on the sofa. He could feel his twins clinging onto his pantsleg. "Aigoo. Our little Taeyeonnie and Taejongie are so cute! Do you remember who I am? Look, it's your Tae-hyung!" Baekhyun said, as he knelt down to meet the twins at eyelevel. He was nudging Taehyung from behind, who was staring at his shoes. 

 

"Hyung..." the twins say unsurely, and  clung even tighter onto their appa when Taehyung looked up at the mention of his name. "Taeyeon-ah, you call him 'oppa', okay? Taehyung is your oppa," Baekhyun smiled. KAI only smiled down at his twins, and his brother-in-law, who was giving his all to strike up a conversation with the very, very shy twins.

 

/-/-/-/

 

KAI: My twins are really shy, and weary around strangers. 

Thank god Baek-hyung is really loud, and chatty! He always tries to talk to the twins.

Even Taehyung-ah!

 

/-/-/-/

 

At that, Chanyeol and CHEN enter, with KAI's hyung beatboxing, and Chanyeol rapping. He and Baekhyun gave themselves a mental face-palm when the two finished with a "practiced" dance, and falling on top of each other. KAI then turned to look at Baekhyun, and the elder just groaned before they approached the two to help them up.

"You two done?" Baehyun asked CHEN, who was having a coughing fit. He helped his husband up to rub his back soothingly. KAI, on the other hand, just pulled Chanyeol up to his feet. "So, now what?" CHEN askes his brother, when he finally calmed down. "Well, we can leave now, so we can reach the filming site early, and finish early, so we can get home early?" KAI said, as he looked over to the twins, who were standing on both sides of Taehyung, who was showing them his coloring book. 

 

"And then Baekkie and I are gonna stay here and practice this new song!" Chanyeol said, as he slung an arm around his chilhood friend's shoulders, only to get shrugged off. "What new song?" KAI and CHEN said in unison. "It's still a secret, but you'll hear it soon enough!" Baekhyun winked, as he went to where the kids were, and gave each one a kiss on the forehead, before pushing them gently towards KAI and CHEN.

"You boys have fun, and don't let Taeyeon-ah on her own, okay? Take care of each other!" Baekhyun hollered, as he and Chanyeol waved them off, as CHEN's car drove out of the driveway.

 

Once the car was out of sight, the two males walked back into the house. "Well, where do you want to start?" Chanyeol grinned towards Baekhyun, as he pulled out his guitar from behind the couch.

 

/-/-/-/

 

[How do you feel right now, leaving with your twins without Chanyeol-ssi for the first time?] 

 

KAI: It's not the first time, actually, but to go on a trip with my hyung and the twins and Taehyung-ah too...

I feel so nervous, but the excitement washed the nervous out, so a bit of both, I guess. //blushes//

 

PD-nim: //swoons//

 

[What about CHEN-ssi? How is he doing?]

 

KAI: He said he's excited as well.

He's so excited, he couldn't stop singing! //laughs//

 

PD-nim: //laughs along//

 

[Well, best of luck to you two dads!]

[Enjoy!]

 

|| PD-nim is excited for the dads and the kiddies as well ~ ||

 

//>.>.>//>.>.>//>.>.>//

COMMERCIAL BREAK

//>.>.>//>.>.>//>.>.>//

 

// And now we're back to The Return of Superman: Dads From the EXO-Planet Edition! After seeing XIUMIN deal with his surprise for his wife, and how KRIS handles his mornings, CHEN and his very animated way of waking up, KAI and his colorful, and fun morning, let's now head onto our last, and youngest dad, SEHUN, and, oh, wait..? //

 

|| A male with pretty facial features and dark brown hair walked up the Oh residence's driveway. ||

 

[Excuse me, but may we ask what your name is?]

 

The male turned before he could even insert the key through the keyhole. He looked surprised, and his face resembled that of a deer caught in the headlights'. "Oh, um, good morning!" He said, in accented Korean. "My name's Lu Han," he smiled, as he reached inside his coat for a business card, which he casually passed onto one of the cameramen.

 

[Erm, but what is your business so early at the Oh's?"]

 

"Hm?" Lu Han said, as he turned the doorknob. "Oh, sorry. I live here."  Lu Han said with a small chuckle. 

 

[Oh! You are the Oh Lu Han, right? Oh SEHUN-ssi's husband?]

 

PD- nim: //blushes//

 

|| PD-nim had no idea that this was SEHUN-ssi's husband! ||

 

|| Omo! ||

 

"Right!" Lu Han-ssi just laughed, as he let the cameramen inside. "You must have been waiting in the cold so early, huh?" Lu Han said, as he shrugged out of his coat. "Sehun-ah must be still asleep." he said, as he walked around the crew who were setting up their system. "He's always like that. He easily forgets stuff like this, so you really  have to take care of him!" he laughed.

 

[Um, is it really okay for you to do this?]

 

"Oh, sure! Would you like something warm to drink? I'll go make coffee and breakfast first, before I wake up the boys. You're free to eat with us," Lu Han said, as he tied a yellow apron around his waist. "Sehun-ah is always tired from work. Haowen-ah does a good job at taking care of both his appa and brother," Lu Han said, as he turned the coffee maker on. "I usually go home in the morning, so this is pretty normal." he added, as he pulled out ingredients from the fridge. 

"What's unusual was when I found a couple of unfamiliar vehicles and people around the house! I was ready to call the police, but then I remembred that today would be the first day of 'Superman', right?" Lu Han said as he tossed rice and other vegetables and scrambled eggs into a gaint wok. "You guys just sit tight and have some coffee and yang zhou chao fan, okay?" Lu Han said, as he set a stack of plates and prepared cups for the crew to help themselves to the food. 

 

"I'll be waking the kids first. One of you guys need to film this, right?" Lu Han said, as he hung the apron on a chair and picked up his bag along the way, as he waved a hand to one of the cameramen. Then, Lu Han led the camera up the stairs, and headed to the first door on the right. He opened the door, and revealed a kids' bedroom, one side was messy, and the other was neat and clean. "Let's wake the youngest, Ziyu, first," Lu han said, approaching the bed in the messier side of the room. "Ziyu, baby, it's time to wake up,"  Lu Han whispered in hushed Mandarin. 

In an instant, the child's arms wound around Lu Han's neck. "Baba," the child answered, as he let Lu Han carry him. With Ziyu in his arms, he creepd over to the other bed, and sat beside the child, and arranged the boy's hair. "Haowen-ah, sweetheart, it's baba. It's time to wake up," Lu Han said in Korean. The boy's eyes slowly flitted open, and slowly sat up, as he rubbed his eyes. 

 

"Baba," he whispers, his voice hoarse from the sleep. "Can you help Ziyu-ah with your bath?" Lu Han whispered against the boy's temple, as Lu Han planted a soft kiss. Haowen, the boy, nodded slowly, as he tugged onto his younger brother's onesie. Ziyu, still in Lu Han's arms, only whined, as he clung tighter. Lu Han only smiled as he sighed. "It's okay. Haowen-ah, you can take a bath first. I'll take care of Ziyu," he said, patting the boy's head as he hopped down his bed.

Lu Han turned towards the camera, and waved them to come closer. The camera just did as told, and came closer. Lu Han then nuzzled Ziyu with his nose. "Baby, wake up. Look up," Lu Han whispered in Mandarin, which effectively got the boy to look up straight into the camera. "Ziyu, wave and say good morning. Say, 'annyeonghaseyo' to them," Lu Han added.

 

The boy whispered a soft, "A-Annyeonghas-seyo," before he covered his face with his hands. Lu Han laughed at how adorable his son can be. 

 

|| PD-nim finds Ziyu-ah adorable too, Lu Han-ssi! ||

 

Just then, the older boy, Haowen, exited the bathroom, bathed and changed, before heading over to his desk to grab a comb. "Ziyu, let's go take a bath now." Lu Han said, as he stood up. "Hyung is already finished with his bath, see?" he said, as he turned to show Ziyu his older brother, who was still combing his hair. Ziyu looked up, and hopped down from Lu Han's arm, and made his way to the bathroom.

"Haowen-ah, you can go downstairs now," Lu Han hollered from the bathroom. 

 

/-/-/-/

 

With the two boys having their breakfast downstairs, Lu Han proceeds to wake up the last of the Oh-boys. "Now, we're going to wake Sehun-ah up. Um, can you wait outside for a while? I need to change out of this suit, too," Lu Han said, an apologetic smile on his face as he entered the room, and shut it softly. 

 

|| It's okay, Lu Han-ssi! You've been really good to us, so it's okay! ||

 

/-/-/-/

 

After less than an hour, Lu Han came back out in a simple t-shirt and sweatpants. "Sehun-ah's already up, he's now taking a bath. I told him to take a bath, and get dressed, and have breakfast. He'll be down in no time," he said, as he led the cameras down the stairs. The team entered the kitchen, and saw Haowen and Ziyu chatting casually with the rest of the crew. With most of the female crew cooing at the younger boys.

"Are you two done?" Lu Han said, as he slid into the seat in front of the two. Haowen nodded, while Ziyu shook his head. "Eat up, Ziyu. You need to take your vitamins, too," Lu Han said, as he brought out two medicine cups with two small capsules in it. He placed one each in front of the boys. Hawoen hopped down to get a bottle of water from the fridge.

 

The moment the door was shut, behind it was the one and only SEHUN, dressed in a, || Is that wool? || long blazer coat, with a plain, white button-down and skinny black jeans, with a pair of Jordans to finish it off. "Sometimes I forget how old he really is," Lu Han mumbles, but the camera caught it. SEHUN looks around, as he put on a poker-face. But his calm expression turns into a confused one in a split second.

"Um, am I missing out on something?" he said, still looking around warily. He placed a plain black snapback and a pair of sunglasses on the table, beside Lu Han. "Please just edit out this part," Lu Han said to the nearest camera, as he motioned a hand near his neck, as if to sign to cut SEHUN off. "Yah!" SEHUN whined. "Aishh, you kid. Sit down and have breakfast with us," Lu Han said, patting the seat beside him.

 

Lu Han scoops chao fan onto SEHUN's plate, and places a glass of orange juice in front of him. "Today's the first day of filming, have you forgotten?" Lu Han asked SEHUN, who was in the middle of shovelling rice into his mouth. "Hrmf?" he mumbled through a mouthful. "Ehhy... Such a kid, "Lu Han clicks his tongue, as he wipes at SEHUN's mouth. Ziyu and Haowen only giggle at the sight of their childish appa. 

"So, Haowen, Ziyu, where do you want to--" SEHUN says, but stops when something flies out of SEHUN's mouth, and lands in front of him. Cue giggles from his boys, a sigh from Lu Han, and the entire crew bursting out in light laughter. "Sehun, finish eating." Lu Han says finally, as he stands to collect his and the kids' plates, and places them in the sink. "Hurry up, Hun-ah," Lu Han whines. SEHUN stands up and hands Lu Han his plate and spoon, as he downs the last of his juice.

 

/-/-/-/

 

"Now, go. Have fun. Enjoy your day," Lu Han said, kissing SEHUN on the cheek, and walking over to hug his kids and kiss them on the cheek as well. "Sehun, watch over them, okay?" Lu Han said, as he handed the younger his car keys. "Haowen-ah, I'm counting on you, is that okay?" Lu Han said, as he ruffled the older of the two boys' hair. Haowen nodded, and gave Lu Han a toothy grin. "Ziyu, baby, never let go of appa's and hyung's hands, okay?" Lu Han said to the smaller, who was practically bouncing in his steps. Ziyu just nodded as he gave a smile and wave to Lu Han.

SEHUN pulled Lu Han for a kiss, and a wave, and soon enough, their car was down the street, the crew speeding after them. "Oh, were you supposed to stay here? With me?" Lu Han said, when he saw a handful of the crew still in their positions. 

 

[We're supposed to also cover the moms while the kids and the dads are away.]

 

[Don't worry, the other moms are also being filmed right now!]

 

"Oh, okay then..? But may I request that you don't show my face? It might be bad for my company, and maybe for me as well, you know? I'm a lawyer, you see?" Lu Han said, as he washed the dishes. 

 

[Oh, it's okay, Lu Han-ssi! We'll do anything to keep your information private!]

 

|| PD-nim is slowly turning into a Lu Han fan ||

 

"Well, 'fighting' for us, I guess?" Lu Han said, raising a fist up to the camera, as the screen blurred its vision. 

 

|| Jiayou! ||


Note: whenever Lu Han speaks in italics, it means he's speaking in Mandarin... anyone in the family, in that case... Actually, this will apply to everyone..? But I'll mention it, anyway *shrugs*


Total word count: 8377

Wow. That took me longer to write. So, for the subscribers out there, thank you for staying with me! I had trouble with KAI's part, actually. Also, I'd like to ask something, should I do every chapter an individual point-of-view, or should I make it as long as this one???

Comments and suggestions are open! Also, ideas for the set activities are welcome, too! 

Oh, and, just a heads up, next chapter will feature the 'moms' and what they're doing on the first day their husbands and kid/s left for filming ... 

 

Thank you for taking your time to read this! I apologize for the  typos and how lengthy it is, *nervous laughter*