R1 - The Crime Scene (alibi)

CSI:Exodus - the murder mystery game.

I held my breath at the sight in front of me and had to prevent myself from fangirling. The victim lay sprawled out on the balcony and pinched myself to get into character. I narrowed my eyes as I took in the sight of the crime scene. There was a smashed flowerpot, dirt spread on the floor and the body was in a strange position. Maybe the victim struggled as he was killed? I crouched beside the victim and I ignored the fact I could see his chest rising and falling. "Who could have killed you?" I felt sympathy and then blinked myself back to reality as the suspects were lead in, continuously fighting the urge to laugh at Luhan in a dress. 

"These are your suspects, Detective." The staff member bowed and left me with the remaining exo members minus one. I scanned my eyes over them all, this was going to be tough. 

"Can I get up yet?" Lay's voice whined from behind me and I suppressed a giggle.

"Shh, dead people don't talk hyung!" Chen pouted, "I told you we should have picked someone else!" He folded his arms and we all jumped as a woman's voice loudly filled the air.

"Welcome to CSI Exodus. In front of you is the body of the victim, you will each get a chance to help the detective solve the murder." Sehun added a 'yehet' amongst the talk and I shook my head, "you will have 10 minutes to look for clues in area R1 before we transfer you into R2 and do not fret. You can return at a later point if you feel the need. Use this time wisely as the body will be transferred after the first 5 minutes."

"I have to stay here for 5 more minutes?!" Lay pouted, "it's boring!"

"Shhh dead person" Baekhyun grinned and then smacked his head, "we at this character stuff!"

"Do you mind? You are wasting time!" I rolled my eyes, " I will check the body."

"Why did that sound so erted?" Chanyeol piped up and I sent him a glare. A loud buzzing sound caught our attention once more.

"Alibi" We all sat around Lay as he once again closed his eyes to play dead. "Before searching please give the detective your alibi." It fell silent once more and I took out my notebook and pen.

"Okay, let us start with the blood relative. Lulu-ssi please tell us where you were at the time of the crime." I poised my pen ready for notes, luhan glazed sideways at the bartender who nodded.

"I turned up at around 9pm. I received a text from my brother who asked me to join in the parties. When I arrived here I saw my...boyfriend on the phone to another woman. He was telling her her that he loved her. So I went to the bar at about 9.30 and after I was with the bartender." Luhan snuffled for effect and I had to once again suppress my inner fangirling. Luhan looked towards Sehun who reached out to pat luhan on the head. My gaze turned to him expectantly. 

"I started work at 7pm, I dropped my belongings off at my locker in the staff room and then served drinks until lulu-ah came over to me and I attempted to comfort her. We returned when we had heard of Lay-ssi's death." He nodded his head and I studied his face, so...stoic.  He was a hard person to read. I nodded and turned to the next person, Member Baekhyun. 

"I came in with the VIP party at 7.30pm. At about 8, I asked the security member if I could rest somewhere quiet and he directed me to the rooms designed for karaoke. I plugged in my headphones and played some relaxing music. I fell asleep at roughly 10 PM."  He chewed his lip and looked down, "If I hadn't of fallen asleep I could have heard if something was going on!" His eyes filled with tears and I reached my hand out to pat his hand. 

"And security ki-" a loud shout caught our attention and Tao appeared struggling against the staff member, who literally dragged him and sat him with the group.

"Your final suspect Detective. He crashed the VIP party." I nodded my head in thanks.  

"Hmm party crasher? Would you like to give your alibi Fanboy Tao?" I tilted my head at him but he stared down at Lay's body and began to tear. He nodded slowly and took a gulp.

"I was here at 5pm. I heard that BKL were going to be here, so I snuck in and waited. I only wanted a signature I swear! I came out to see if I could find the members, I hid in a locker in the staff room and when I came out everybody was already here." He bit his lip and looked at me, straight in the eye. "Am I in trouble?"

"Not unless you killed Lay. But, we shall see." I smiled in a reassuring way. "Security Kim?"

"I didn't want to work today, I don't like all these Idols." I couldn't help but let out the small giggle and Xiumin smiled a little before continuing his alibi.  "I came anyway due to money being needed to pay bills. I ran into the victim at 8:15 after directing his colleague to the back rooms, we argued a little and then I returned to my post at 11: 15 I took a quick cigarette break." He pulled an electronic cigarette out from his pocket and then placed it in his lap. "I met with the club Manager not long after in the staff room."

"What did you argue about?" I stopped taking notes to look him in the eye. 

"Just a matter of different opinion" he shrugged and then tilted his head. "Are you suspecting me?" I giggled as Chen shook his head.

"We are all being suspected hyung, that is why we are suspects." He smiled at me and I looked down at my notebook to hide my blush. ((A/n: Chen is my bias :P)) "my turn to speak right?" I nodded still looking at my notebook. "I set up the DJ booth at 5.30 and then I placed my personal Items Into a locker. When I returned it was 7:15. I started playing music when the guests arrived. I simply did my Job. At about 8.45, the victim attempted to assault me because I refused to let him play with my DJ equipment. I went into the staff room to calm down and I played on my phone after asking the manager to lock the DJ booth." I nodded once and turned to the next suspect.

"CEO Wu,  I manage the company the victim works for. If I am honest, I spent the entire time on my phone to the investors, Lay had a habit of doing stuff that is unacceptable for an Idol. They were considering pulling out their investments." Kris shook his head. "Guess that won't be an issue now." I allowed my eyebrows to raise in shock. 

"Member Kai?" I blinked at him as he cleared his throat. 

"I was dancing with Trainee Soo until 8.30. I suddenly felt an upset stomach so I went to the bathroom. I think I must have eaten something bad. I was there until I heard a shout, I came out to see what was happening and then returned back to the Toilets to freshen up."

"As I was mentioned, I guess it is my turn. Right?" Kyungsoo scratched his head and sighed. "I am not going to lie, I don't like Lay and I don't even mind that he is dead-"

"Hey!" Lay glared from his position on the floor and I bit my lips to supress another giggle and break my character. Kyungsoo scowled and continued. 

"But, I wouldn't kill him. I came here because Baekhyun invited me. I danced with Kai until he left, I spoke to Lay and told him I was bored, he fought with the DJ so I broke up the fight. I went outside for some air until 9.35 and then I helped myself to drinks from the bar as the bartender had left. I ignored everything else." Kyungsoo shrugged and pointed to Suho.  "He was on the balcony earlier though."

"Oh?" I raised my brow and Suho rolled his eyes. 

"It is my job, with VIP parties you get people who sneak in..." he sent a look towards Tao who mumbled apologies. "I check everywhere on a regular basis. It seems I skipped checking the staff room. Now, I arrived a 6pm and I set everything up for the party. VIP guests have a list sent over of any requirements and I make sure that happens." He pointed to the rest. "The only people I came in contact with today were, my two members of staff" he pointed to Chen and Xiumin. "The victim and the CEO" he nodded his head. "Before tonight only person I knew out of those was the security guard. The rest of the time I was working and making my rounds."

"Is it my tun now?" Chanyeol grinned from his place before Baekhyun whacked his head.

"Yeol,  you are supposed to be miserable!" The smaller shook his head.

"Oh right." He gave a sheepish smile before getting back into character. "I have been the manager from the very beginning, I only came here to supervise the boys. I was texting my wife until 8.30 where I made a quick exit out back to call her and explain that I would be late home, I was there until about 10 due to my wife disagreeing. When I returned the music was cut off and everybody was elsewhere. I panicked and started looking for everyone and I walked in to the store room next to the bar... I walked into a rather awkward situation. And left abruptly to find the members. I just reached the karaoke rooms when I was called out here."

"You didn't see Kyungsoo - I mean trainee soo at the bar?" I turned my gaze to Kyungsoo who shook his head.

"I didn't kill him, I was sat behind the bar. That is where they keep the strong stuff!" Kyungsoo grinned and I let the giggle out this time. The buzzer went off and I jumped in shock.

"Your 10 minutes has begun" I squealed and scrambled to my feet, 11 other people following suit.

 

*******************************************************

A/N:  and here we have the Alibis!  I may have to go back and edit. But if I make any changes I will let you know in author notes!  Enjoy the first chapter ^^