Final

3:16 AM

Yongguk came home from another 2 days of recording and sat all his things in the living room. "How was your day? Good? Mines too. You want something to eat? I'll fix you something to eat." He proceded to make some kimbimbap and sat two plates on the table. He put some on his plate and some on another. He sat down and started eating his food. He kept looking up and smiling and eating, like everything was okay. He kept the candle on the table lit, hoping that one day you would come back. He's counted the days since you've been gone. "One hundred and eighty two days. Six months." He said as he marked today's date on the calendar with a red marker. He went back to the table and just sat there. Looking at the candle burning out. He quietly got up and started playing one of his jazz records really loud. He did that often since you left. So much that the neighbors have complained, a lot. There was nothing but flyers and flyers of complaint letters on the door. He would just ignore them. He started dancing around and clapping to the music, as if you were there dancing with him. As fast as he started dancing, he stopped dead in his tracks. He looked at his record and stopped playing it. He took the record off his track and threw it against the wall. He started crying and rocking himself backwards and forwards as he sat on the floor to continue rocking. "Where did you go? Jagiya, where did you go?" he sobbed and repeated for another three times. "Are you coming back? Do you care about me? How do I know you can hear me?" 

 

Something told you to go check on Yongguk. Something you've done for a couple of months since the break up. You tried to stay away from him, but he was too good of a person to stay away from. Relationship wise, you couldn't deal with the separation, the fights, the cheating, the lies, the begging, the promises he couldn't keep and how the damn process kept creeping and repeating itself. You finally reached the door to see all the complaint flyers "Jesus christ, Yongguk." You proceded to pull the flyers off and knocked on the door. He opened the door and immediately gave you his gummiest smile. "Jagiya, I mean, _________, you came back." "Yongguk, you know I'm not coming back. You know I'm here to check on you. We go through this every single time I come to see you. Let me in." "No." "Why won't you let me in this time? No lights? No food? No clean clothes? What is it this time?" "It's just.....nevermind. Come in." You opened the door wider and seen that the place was a mess. Food still left on the table, including the fresh kimbimbap. There was a stack of plates of cooked food on top of each other. Like...he was dining with someone. The records all over the place. His clothes was all over the sofa. Something wasn't right. "Yongguk, are you o---" "I'm fine!" He just yelled out of the blue. "Okay. Okay. I'm not gonna fight with you. I understand. No questions." He walked really fast across the room to avoid eye contact with you. You slowly walked up to him. "Yongguk, I need you to talk to me. Please." "Why? We were talking for about an hour." "What are you talking about?" "Really? You wasn't just eating with me?" You looked over at the table and all you could do was sigh. "I've only been here for twenty mintues." "No you weren't. You were eating with me. You told me how good it was. " You finally added two and two together. The plates are for you. He was eating dinner with you. With you not there. Yep, he's finally reached the deep end. He still had his eyes towards the floor and he was playing with the zipper on his jacket. He all of a sudden sat on the floor in the corner and rocked backwards and forewards. "One hundred and eighty two days. Six months. One hundred and eighty two days. Six months." He said that over and over and you couldn't figure out what it meant, until you looked at the calendar. "Oh my god." You seen that he was counting the days since you left. You felt a tear coming on, but you kept it inside. You had to go outside to make a phone call. Not even five mintues later, you hear a loud bang and a scream. You raced back inside. Yongguk had gotten up and broke a plate and screamed. "WHERE DID YOU GO?! YOU DID IT AGAIN?! ARE YOU LEAVING ME AGAIN?!" He grabbed your arm real tight. You felt his fingertips in your arm. "You're hurting me." He looked you in the eyes and quickly let go. His eyes was to the floor again. He started to cry...again. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. I never did. You know I didn't. Right?" He came close to you and you backed up. He looked hurt when you did that. He backed away from you and walked again. 

He looked like he was looking for something. He finally looked up at you with the brightest smile. He gave you some cake that was on a plate. "I made this for your birthday." It was a piece of moldy cake. Your birthday was two months ago. You smiled back. "Thank you." You wanted to just cry. He had completely lost his mind. He has completely separated himself from what's real and what isn't. He didn't care what happened to him at this point. He was just going with whatever his mind told him to. He had become a victim of his own sanity. "How long are they gonna be?" You thought to yourself. "Look. Yongguk. You need to get ready." "For what?" "You have somewhere to be." "Oh. Okay." You helped him pack the clothes that wasn't dirty. Or torn to pieces. You made him believe that he was going on a tour. "Some people are coming to get us. And put you in a special car." Yongguk suddenly stopped. "You're not sending me away, are you?" "No, I would never do that to you." "Oh. Okay. I don't know what I would do if I'm gone from you again. You know, you keep me grounded." 

You went to his bedroom and opened your mouth in shock. Pictures. Pictures of you two everywhere. The ceiling. The mirror. The bed. The bathroom. You looked on your side of the bed and there was a picture of you. Your side of the bed untouched. Like time has stood still in the room. You walked out slowly and went back to Yongguk. You sat next to him and held his hand. You finally cried for him. Not because you felt sorry. Because you were sorry. For turning him into this. This beast. This person. It was like he had two people stuck inside of him. And you didn't know how to fix it. You always fixed what was wrong. Or was that it. You gave up fixing it, so did he. You heard a knock on the door. It was...them. They came to get him. You took him by his hand again. "C'mon, we have to go." "Where are we going again?" You couldn't do it. You couldn't lie to him again. "Somewhere safe." He looked at you with a puzzled yet sad face. "Where?" "Somewhere where you can't hurt yourself. They will take good care of you." Yongguk looked at you with the saddest eyes you've seen. "Jagiya...don't leave me." You turned your back so he wouldn't see you crying. "Jagiya. Jagiya....JAGIYA!" He started to fight the guys. He was fighting hard too, but it was to no avail. You seen him going away and crying in the back of the car. "I know I did the right thing. I know I did. Please. Please get well soon." You walked away to go back home. You checked the time...3:16 in the morning. "I have to get up in three more hours. Oh well, it was worth it." You proceded to walk home, knowing that he was gonna get better. He was gonna be okay.