Kisses are for Lovers (Look Into My Eyes)

Kisses are for Lovers
Please log in to read the full chapter

Kisses are meant to be shared with lovers - at least the wholehearted, passionate kisses on the lips that take one's breath away, color their cheeks rosy, and send their heart into an erratic frenzy - this is what Jang Yeeun believes in. Furthermore, Yeeun defines a lover as someone who shares a consensual, romantic relationship with another person. As for love itself, well, it can be anything, really.

Yeeun tries her utmost best to follow the beliefs and definitions that she has established for herself. For the majority of her lifetime, she had done just fine - until now, in which she has encountered an anomaly of sorts. At last, there is something that contradicts with everything Yeeun believes in. It wasn't like it was unexpected (it had to come eventually), but it's the form it comes in, that baffles Yeeun to the very core.

The cause of Yeeun's bewilderment is none other than Choi Yoojin: a pretty, thin girl who exudes charisma and confidence, whose smiles remind Yeeun of hamsters, puppies, bunnies (especially bunnies), kittens - basically any living organism that is remotely cute. Yoojin is cute. Yoojin is also Yeeun's friend - her best friend - and that is a problem.

Because friends shouldn't be kissing each other (according to Yeeun's beliefs).

It felt as though it were only yesterday that Yeeun was spending the night at Yoojin's house, their original intentions being a fun, friendly, girly sleepover. They would watch movies together, shop for clothes online, paint each other's nails, gossip about their classmates, talk about boys - and they did. There was no surprise there.

The surprise came when it was time for bed, and they slept together in the same bed - Yoojin's bed - per usual. They had tons of sleepovers already (as expected of best friends), and this was what they usually did. That night happened to be a particularly cold one, so they laid closer to each other than usual. Then Yoojin murmured something about her face being exposed to the cold, so she brought the covers over her head. Yeeun followed the older girl's action, feeling a bit playful despite the occasional waves of drowsiness that tugged at her eyelids.

Yeeun had pulled the covers over her head with the intention of teasing Yoojin beneath them, but she had instead found herself face-to-face with the other girl. It was warm underneath the covers, very warm, and Yoojin's breath fanning at her lips was even hotter. Trapped in the covers with them were their mingling scents, still fresh and powerful as a result of the baths they had taken before going to bed. 

First and foremost, however, were Yoojin's eyes that had captivated her. They seemed to convey everything that mere words and weak actions couldn't, they made her realize something that years spent together wouldn't. Yeeun didn't dare to look away, in fear that this moment, these thoughts, these feelings - they would all dissipate. 

It wasn't the first time that they had looked at each other like this; they had done this countless times, but that night, something was different. Yeeun herself felt different, and it wasn't something that she could have ignored. Yoojin must have felt the same, because it was within that moment that she her lips and whispered those life-changing words:

"I want to kiss you."

Then Yeeun would voluntarily disregard her own beliefs with a firm: "Do it."

Yoojin's hand immediately found hers, for warmth, for support, for more physical contact - whatever it was, it wouldn't matter to Yeeun as soon

Please log in to read the full chapter