60 Seconds

60 Seconds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

6 0   s e c o n d s   [ o n e - s h o t ]

(A/N: Everything in red is in Chinese)

Based off the song 60 Seconds by Kim SungGyu

60 seconds. All it took was 60 seconds for him to fall for her.

 

Her. Beautiful. Graceful. Tall. Perfect.

 

Him. Quiet. Shy. Imperfect.

 

"Lu Han? Are you okay?" His best friend, Yixing, asked with furrowed brows.

 

Lu Han swallowed. He finally shifted his gaze back to Yixing and stiffly nodded. "I'm fine." He curtly answered although it was obvious he was lying to, both, himself and Yixing.

 

Yixing stared at him for a moment before sighing. "What happened, Lu Han? I talked to Sehun. He said that you were out of it for half your trip. Why?"

 

Lu Han blinked. He hadn't expected Sehun to notice, but he had. "I was just... tired."

 

"For days?" Yixing asked, not believing him for one bit.

 

Lu Han was quiet for a moment before he quietly spoke, "It all happened in 60 seconds."

 

"What happened in 60 seconds?" Yixing asked with interest, leaning forward and resting his elbows on the small table.

 

Lu Han looked up and met his eyes before speaking the very thing he thought he would never say, "I fell in love."

 

"It feels nice to enjoy a meal with you, hyung. I haven't seen you in a long time." Sehun smiled as he took a bit of his pizza.

 

Lu Han grinned, "Of course it feels nice." He teased, "It probably feels even more nice knowing I'm paying for this meal."

 

"Of course." Sehun joked.

 

Suddenly they heard a loud crash from another table. Lu Han and Sehun shifted their gazes to a table only a few feet away. It seems the couple sitting there was getting more than just their attention.

 

"You jerk." The girl hissed as she stood up.

 

"Why are you getting so mad?" The boy seemed nonchalant. "All I said was the truth. And the truth is that you will never find a true boyfriend. Everyone just wants to be with you to sleep with you or get close with your family. And you know why?" He sneered, "Because you are a heartless bi-"

 

Almost like she had to do this so many times before, the girl gripped the cold glass in front of her. She lifted it, overturning it in the process. A chorus of gasps echoed as the water dropped onto the man. His mouth fell open as he stood, water dripping from his body. His shirt was now damp and a furious expression rushed onto his features.

 

"Wow." Lu Han heard Sehun mumble but it sounded distant. Lu Han was unable to take his eyes off of the girl.

 

She was beautiful and from the scene he had just witnessed, she was strong and stood up for herself.

 

The girl blinked as if she hasn't just dumped water on her date. She slammed the glass back onto the table and moved her long chocolate waves back. A blank expression came onto her features but Lu Han could tell she was angry.

 

"You are an idiot." Chinese sudden escaped and Lu Han's eyes widened in surprise. She looked Korean so... She knew Chinese?

 

"What did you just say?!" The man retorted in exasperation, obviously unable to understand her Chinese.

 

The girl scoffed before speaking in Korean, "I said you're an idiot. You should know better than to think you can beat me or use me."

 

Lu Han smiled without realizing it. He knew then that the girl was undeniably strong and smart, using her cards correctly.

 

"Don't appear before me again." The girl sneered. "Or you'll feel more than cold water on you."

 

The man shook in anger, "You'll regret this, Song Yoon Ju. You will regret this."

 

"No," Yoon Ju replied nonchalantly, "You'll regret ever even thinking you could use me."

 

"Song Yoon Ju." Sehun suddenly whispered and Lu Han finally shifted his gaze to his best friend.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter