Unexpectedly

Unexpectedly

 


I don't know but I love this song <3


 

Student life—teenage life can never be exciting without experiencing those butterflies and giddy moments even thought it really sounds sappy. And as for Thea, she’s one of those girls who wanted to feel these stuffs. No, she wasn’t rushing or something. Just like everybody else, she only wants to know how it feels and why most of her friends smile ear to ear when they see their crushes around. Don’t deny it, I know you want to know how it feels too.

“Aish, she’s 10 minutes late. If she doesn’t come anytime soon we’ll be seriously late for class.” Thea huffed as she took another glance on her wristwatch.

She was patiently waiting for her friends in a waiting shed. Sitting properly, she adjusted her eyeglasses and dusted off her neatly pressed uniform. Her wavy hair was tidily tied in a high ponytail. She’s the school girl type that everybody would take for a geek.

A moment later, a guy passed by and sat meter away from her. Thea couldn’t help but glance to the stranger beside her.

He was wearing the uniform of her school and obviously, they were attending the same university. Thea was unconsciously checking him out. He has a fair skin, dark brunette hair with bangs slightly covering his eyes. Eyes, he has a very cute single lid eyes. He was wearing earphones on both ears and was grooving his head to the beat.

Seeing him like that…it made Thea smile.

She has found fondness to this stranger sitting apart from her. Before she knew it, the guy turned his head to her and yes, he caught her staring at him.

‘Oh no…’

Embarrassment took over Thea. She immediately looked away and brought her head down to hide her cheeks that are blushing madly. When their eyes met at that moment, she felt this foreign feeling flying all over inside her stomach. She felt giddy and unexpectedly she liked it.

Little thing she knows, the guy smiled at her cute behavior, acting so shy that made him want to hug her.

The bus finally came to the bus stop. The guy stood up with his bag hanging on his right shoulder. Before he stepped in, he glanced back at Thea who’s still looking at her shoes.

“Aren’t you coming?” He said that surprised her.

Thea popped her head up and was flabbergasted when he was smiling at her. She was speechless. She opened but there was no single word came out.

“Yah! If you’re not going to ride this bus tell me.” The bus driver who is clearly annoyed, said.

“Ani. I’m coming ahjussi.” The guy said and glanced once more to Thea.

“Ja, I’m going ahead then.” He said and nodded his head.

The bus drove away and Thea was still there, dazing off. Her hand reached up to her chest and felt her heart pounding wildly.

“W-what is this…feeling?” She softly asked herself.

 

###

 

“Seriously, if you do that again to me, I’ll hate you.” Thea said and frowned.

Chryslyn just laughed it off. They were almost late for class earlier.

“Sorry. I couldn’t find my phone and you know I can’t leave my phone. Sehun might call me.” She explained.

They were in the cafeteria, eating their lunch together but something caught Thea’s eyes. She saw him again, the guy in the waiting shed, was also in the cafeteria together with his friends.

‘So he’s an athlete.’ Thea thought seeing him in his soccer uniform.

“Yah! Are you listening?” Chryslyn nagged as she flicked Thea’s forehead.

“W-what?” Absent-mindedly Thea replied.

“Aish.” Chryslyn annoyingly turned her head to where Thea was looking at earlier. She looked back and forth to her friend and to the soccer players.

“Thea…why is Byun Baekhyun staring at you?” Chryslyn asked without taking her eyes away from Baekhyun.

“Byun who?”

“Byun Baekhyun! Look.” She pointed Baekhyun with her lips.

When Thea turned her head to the direction Chryslyn pointed at, she was surprised that the guy this morning was staring at her.

‘So his name is Baekhyun…Byun Baekhyun’

“Yah, what’s going on huh?” Chryslyn asked with a teasing smile.

“N-nothing!” Thea looked away and just played with her food. She was blushing though. On the other hand, her friend can’t help but giggle at her cuteness.

“How do you know him by the way?” Out of curiosity, Thea asked as she looked at Chryslyn.

“Oh that. He’s friends with Sehun. They’re in the same team—speaking of that guy, where the hell is Oh Sehun?” Chryslyn’s brows were furrowed as she glanced again to the athlete’s table and sad to say, her boyfriend was nowhere to be found.

“Aish, he’s really dead. He didn’t even leave a single message.”

Thea just smiled and eat. For some reason, she keeps stealing glances at Taehyung and the latter was doing the same thing.

 

# # #

 

Next day feels the same. Thea was still waiting for her friend and for the bus at the same time. What she didn’t expect is Baekhyun, to be sitting on the same spot. He looked at her and smiled. Thea was taken aback but of course, she doesn’t want to be rude. So she awkwardly smiled back and looked away. She didn’t know what to do. She needs distraction, so she fished her phone from her pocket and called Chryslyn.

“Yeoboseyo?” The latter answered.

“Yah, where are you? You’re not going to put me in trouble again, do you?” And by that, Thea meant of being late.

“Ani.” She giggled. “I’m with Sehun, he picked me up just now. Mianhe.”

“Then why didn’t you tell me?” Thea whined.

Baekhyun though, heard this and couldn’t help to smile at her cuteness.

“I was going to! You just called me up first!”

“Aish…arasso. I hate you now.” Thea said and as expected, Chryslyn laughed. “I’ll hang up now.” Thea added and ended the call without letting the latter reply.

And because of that, she received a message.

“Hey, I’m sorry. ^ ^ Sehun and I had a fight last night so when he picked me up this morning, you know…I couldn’t say no. And I feel sorry for being this brat girlfriend of him. You know me kekeke! I’ll make it up to you, ok? HAHA! I love you :*” - Lyn

Thea smiled after reading that.

The bus came for a stop. Thea and Baekhyun stand up and just like in the movies, glanced at each other. He gestured his hand, eyes speaking ‘Ladies first.’

She sheepishly smiled at him and took the seat near the window. Baekhyun did the same thing, only on the other side of the bus. Thea secretly looked at him and one thing she has realized is that…he’s very charming.

 

###

 

It’s been weeks since Thea and Baekhyun became an official waiting shed partners. They would say hello to each other, well mostly Baekhyun would be the one to initiate a talk first. Sometimes Baekhyun would sit beside her in the bus. They weren’t talking but his presence made Thea felt thousands of butterflies trying to escape from her stomach.

In the valentines, Thea gave Baekhyun a jar of cookies she baked herself and a card with it. It took her a lot of courage to give him that. There were plenty of girls swarming the soccer players and Baekhyun was one of them. He got a lot of gifts from different girls and so was Sehun. Thea almost give up. She didn’t feel like giving him her baked cookies anymore but of course her friend Chryslyn, who knew about her feelings, helped her out—it was also a way of getting rid of girls that’s into her Sehun. Everyone was looking at the two girls and Baekhyun was smiling to them. His smile grew wider when Thea shyly bowed her head while reaching out the jar of cookies to Baekhyun together with the note. He was very pleased to take the gift from her that he let his hands linger on hers before retreating them back.

After that, Thea started to avoid him. She was just too embarrassed and shy that she couldn’t look at Baekhyun anymore. It’s been months and Baekhyun got worried and nervous at the same time. He hasn’t seen the girl anymore and he missed her. He knew she was avoiding him because even in the morning, Thea never showed up in the waiting shed.

Baekhyun sighed and stared at his gifts that he has been carrying around. It’s white day today and he has been wandering around the university just to look for Thea and yet he couldn’t still find her.

“You ok?”

It was Sehun. They sat on a bleacher and Baekhyun placed the box of chocolate cookies and three white roses beside him. He ran a hand through his hair and slowly shook his head.

“Hey, you’ll find her, ok? She’s just shy.” Sehun said patting the latter’s shoulder.

“It’s been a month man. She’s been hiding herself from me for a month. I’m starting to think that she hates me.” Baekhyun said and frowned.

“Yah! That’s not the Byun Baekhyun I know! Where’s the spirit?” Sehun tried to cheer him up by slapping the his back.

Baekhyun chuckled though. Then he thought Sehun was right. If he gives up right now, he will lose someone. Then suddenly Chryslyn came with a bottle of water in her hand.

“Yah Oh Sehun! What did I tell you about your uniform?” She nagged as she did the three buttons that were left undone. She doesn’t like him exposing his clavicle or else, she’ll get into war with other girls.

“Aish, it’s hoooottt.” Sehun whined but it was useless. “Babe~” He tried to woo her but he got a bottle of water placed on his cheek.

“Here. Drink this.” She seriously said.

Baekhyun had to laugh at that. Chryslyn noticed him and she smiled at him.

“Hey, I got news for you.”

“Hm?”

“She’s in the library.” She said and that brought life to Baekhyun’s eyes.

He thanked her and immediately ran to the library. This time, he was hoping Thea wouldn’t hide anymore. Just few meters away, he saw her getting out of the library and was about to walk towards his way. Thea was surprised to see him. He smiled at her but it alarmed him when she ran the opposite direction.

“Y-yah! Thea wait!” He ran after her with still gifts in his hands.

Baekhyun was fast so Thea was left with no choice but opened a door to get inside to. She was about to close it but Baekhyun stopped it and got in.

“Will you stop running away?” He said, panting.

“Stop chasing me then.” She replied.

Baekhyun sighed. He closed the door behind him and locked it. Holding out a box of chocolate cookies and three white roses to Thea, he slowly smiled.

“I’ll never get tired chasing you.”

It made Thea blushed and she doesn’t know what to reply to that. Baekhyun offered again his gifts with pleading eyes that screams, ‘please…just take these.’

She did. It would be very rude of her if she didn’t, she thought. And honestly, she liked it. It made her feel flutters and it becomes hard to breathe.

“I like you, Thea.” He said.

Those words rang inside her head in disbelief. She looked at Baekhyun who was intently looking at her dark orbs with full of sincerity. She wanted to cry at that moment but she wasn’t so sure if he’s telling the truth.

“You’re just probably carried away of what I did.” She meant on Valentine’s day and was about to open the door but Baekhyun stopped her.

He turned her to face him and she was trapped between him and the door. Baekhyun raised her chin so gently and looked at her carefully.

“Ok I was wrong.” He said that crushed Thea’s heart. She was on the verge of crying but the next thing that Baekhyun said left her even more speechless.

“…because I love you.” He said and brushed a loose strand behind her ear. “I love you, Thea.”

Thea bit her cheeks inside and looked away, blushing madly. She can’t explain what she was feeling but she totally loves it. She loves him.

“You don’t believe me?” Baekhyun teased, flashing his charming smile.

Before Thea knew it, Baekhyun cupped her left cheek and pulled her for a kiss. She was dumbfounded to even return it. But Baekhyun didn’t part their lips yet. He kissed her so tenderly and that moment, everything went blur. Thea just found herself kissing him back, holding tight to the gifts he gave her.

They met in an unexpected moment…unexpectedly fell in love in a first glance.

 


This is dedicated to my long lost twin sister (HAHA) and a very good
co-author of mine in Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf, ChocolateDreamer.
*If there are some typos or any grammatical errors, mianhe. It's like 4:09 AM here.
Happy Birthday to your hubby <3