Meeting Mrs. Lee

Not Your Ordinary Man
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JANG MI’S POV 

It is half past 11 in the morning when we have finally arrived at Donghae Oppa’s house in Mokpo. I took a deep breath, checking my appearance on my cushion before unbuckling my seat belt, with Donghae Oppa opening the door for me. 

“Nervous?” He asked, offering his hand. 

“Do I look like I’m nervous?” I forced a smile. 

“Yes.” He chuckled. “Your hands are very cold!” He said before giving a small peck and keeping it inside his pocket. 

“My hands are originally cold.” I sighed. He locked his car before making our way in front of his house. 

“How do I look?” I asked him while hugging the ginseng that I got for his mom. 

“You look beautiful.” He smiled, leaning in and kissing my cheek. “Don’t be nervous, you’ll do great!” 

“Can I have a hug?” I asked, pulling my hand back and opening my arms. 

“Of course.” He chuckled, pulling me and resting his head on my shoulders. “I love you.” He hugged me tighter. “Thank you for doing this.” 

“Anything for you.” I smiled, pulling back and kissing his neck. I heard him let out a giggle, making me smile. “Let’s do this!” I pulled back. 

“Are you sure? Don’t you want a longer hug? Or maybe more kisses?” He asked, still not letting go. 

“Your mom’s waiting!” She giggled. “Maybe when we get back home.” I winked, making him chuckle. 

“Alright.” He finally took a step back, fixing my hair. “Let’s go meet my mom!” He said cheerfully, making me giggle. 

Donghae Oppa pressed in the doorbell and after 5 minutes, Mrs. Lee finally opened the door. 

“Eomma what took you so long?!” Donghae complained as Mrs. Lee just chuckled, pulling his son for a hug. 

“Adeul! My baby!!” She hugged him tight, making my heart flutter. 

“Eomma, by the way, this is my girlfriend...” Donghae pulled back, but not before giving his mom a kiss on the cheek. “Jang Mi.” 

“Annyeonghaseyo, Mrs. Lee, Bang Jang Mi imnida.” I bowed. 

“Aigoo, aren’t you a beaut?” She smiled as I waved my hands. “Plus, just call me eomoni.” 

“Ah ye.” I smiled, bitting my lower lip to prevent myself from feeling to giddy. “I brought you some ginseng, eomoni.” I handed her my gift. 

“Omona, gomawo!” She beamed. “You didn’t really have to though.” She gave me that beautiful smile. “Come on in!” She smiled while ushering us to enter their house. “How was your ride here?” 

“Oh... I had a very comfortable ride. It was Donghae Oppa who drove anyways.” I giggled. 

“I guess you drive well now, huh?” His mom , making me giggle. 

“Eomma, I’m a good driver!” Donghae whined, making me chuckle. Donghae Oppa then held my hand, pulling me towards the living room. “What are you cooking?” 

“Nakji bokkeum, pyeonyuk, yeonpo tang...” 

“Eomma, why did you cook a lot?!” Donghae chuckled. 

“Aigoo, it’s not like you’re here everyday with your girlfriend! Can you watch the yeonpo tang for me? I need to go to the backyard for some veggies.” 

“Oh, eomonim, I can help you!” I offered.

“Oh you don’t have to! You just rest there, and you’re our guest!” She waved her hands as she places my gift on the center table. 

“Aniyeyo... I’m also curious about your plants since Donghae Oppa told me about it.” 

“Geure? So you tell things about me to your girlfriend?” Mrs. Lee asked Donghae oppa with a smile on her face. 

“Geurom!” He beamed like a little boy. “I should watch that yeonpo tang, eomma.” 

“Ah geure! Jang Mi ah, let’s go?”

“Ah ye.” I nodded while following her.

“Are you sure you want to help me?” Mrs. Lee asked, smiling. 

“Ye!” I nodded, smiling back. 

“That’s great!” Let’s go?” She asked as we made our way to her little garden. 

“Oh my gosh! It’s so big!” I said in awe as Mrs. Lee giggled. 

Her ‘little garden’ is as big as my living room! It has a lot of greens and other types of veggies. It also has some flowers on the sides. 

“Eomonim, you have some flowers here too!” I smiled as I check out the place. 

“Yeah... I thought adding flowers would give out some colors.” She giggled, as we both walk over to the chilis. 

“It must be great having these...” I commented. “You can eat fresh everyday!” 

“That’s true. And the real reason is, I wanted to live a long life to see my grandchildren.” She chuckled. “Oh wait! Please don’t take it the wrong way... I’m not saying you and Donghae should get married and have children ASAP.” 

“Ah aniyeyo.” I shook my head shyly. 

"Jang Mi-ah, feel comfortable, right?" Mrs. Lee brushed my back, smiling at me. 

"Ye." I smiled, bowing a little. Aigoo she's so cute! 

"How long have you guys dating again?" She asked walked towards the corner. 

"About 4 months?" I said, unsure. "We mostly meet during the weekends so I think the days passed by so quickly." I said shyly. 

"Ah... It's okay. You guys are both working that's why." She smiled as we make our way to the corner, where her gloves and other planting stuff are there. "Will you really be okay helping me?" She asked once again, as I nodded with a smile. 

"Of course eomonim." I replied. She then gave me a fresh new gloves as we went over to the lettuce part. 

"How is Donghae as a boyfriend?" She asked, catching me off-guard. "I know he's my son, but he's still lacking a lot you know." She chuckled as I shook my head. 

"Aniyeyo." I waved. "Donghae Oppa is very considerate and sweet."

"You're just saying that because I'm his mom, aren't you?" She laughed but I shook my head. 

"Aniyo." I chuckled. "He's a great man! I bet that is because you to raised him very well, eomonim." 

"Aigoo, you know how to flatter people, don't you?" She chuckled. 

"It's because it is the truth eomonim." I smiled. 

"Aigoo... Gomawo." She smiled. "I'll teach you how to harvest?" 

"Ah ye." I replied enthuiastically. 

 

We went back inside the house with Mrs. Lee ushering us to just set the table as she finish the cooking by herself. 

“Donghae-ah, you know where the plates are, right?” 

“Of course!” He chuckled before taking my hand and making our way to the dining area. 

“So?” Donghae Oppa asked while fetching the plates. 

“So? What?” I asked I tried getting the plates from him but he walked over to the table. 

“What do you think of eomma?” 

“She’s really nice.” I smiled. “I’m not sure if I can say this, but she’s really cute! She keeps on smiling so I can’t help but to smile back at her.” I said as I can see him adorably smiling back at me. “She actually reminds me a lot of you whenever she smiles.” I told him honestly before distributing the plates. 

“I’m glad you guys were getting along.” He suddenly hugged me from the back. 

“Hey! Plates!” I said, trying to elbow his stomach but he didn’t budge. “And isn’t it too early to say? We just talked for like... 20 mins.” I shrugged. 

“Still, that’s a good start, right?” I can feel him smiling. He finally pulled back as I now distributes the utensils. 

“I guess you can say that.” I smiled. 

“Jagi!” He called out, his arm around my shoulders. 

“What?” I giggled, finally finishing setting the table. He just pressed his cheeks on mine, a smile plastered on his lips. “What?!” I giggled once again, using my right hand to caress his cheek. 

“I’m so happy~” he giggled, pulling back to cup my cheeks. 

“I’m glad you’re happy?” I said, unsure. He just leaned in to kiss my lips. “Mwoya~” I smiled, hitting his chest. “We should help your mom.” 

 

~

NO ONE’S POV 

“Eomma, these looks really good!” Donghae complimented, gulping towards all the food in front of them. 

“Of course!” Mrs. Lee answered confidently. “Jang Mi ah, I hope you like nakkji beogum?” 

“Ah ye! I love octopus!” She grinned. 

“That’s great! Let’s eat then?” 

“Ye! 잘 먹었습니다!” 

 

“Jang Mi sweetie, so I heard you’re a photographer and a model?” Mrs. Lee asked after a while. 

“Ah yes.” She nodded shyly. 

“So how did you get into modeling? Did you audition?” 

“Hey you never told me about that yet.” Donghae said, pausing from eating. 

“Oh... When I w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter