Notes

I Don't Know

`*`*`*`*` Soo Hee `*`*`*`

"Soo Hee, you have a perfect score again! Congrats." You're Calculus teacher, Ms. Hwan, beamed at you as she gave you you're test paper. 

 

"Kamsahamnida seonsaengnim." You replied gratefully. I hear my other classmates snickering again, saying things like nerd, teacher's pet, and ugly attention-seeker. But remembering Hoseok's words, it didn't have that much effect on me. 

 

"No matter what Soo Hee, don't let other peoples' words affect you. As long as you know in yourself that you're happy. And besides, you have me!" 

 

I quietly chuckled remembering JHope's words, but my smile quickly faded when you feel a kick in the back of mychair. This happens all the time so I'm used to it. 

 

 

Finally, the bell rang, indicating that it was dismissal. I hurriedly ran out of the room so I can quickly leave, and my mind registered slowly and I saw someone stick their foot out in my way. 

 

And of course, I tripped. But I felt myself being catched by someone. 

 

With wide eyes, I slowly looked up and saw a boy. Smiling. But what makes his smile so special is his eyes smile with him too. And he's very handsome. Pretend I didn't say that kkk~ 

 

"You should be careful." He said and I stood up quickly. 

 

"A-Ah, m-mianhae. Thank you for that." I stuttered. 

 

"You're welcome Ms...Eun Soo Hee! I'm Park Jimin by the way. Hope to see you around again. Bye!" He waved and walked away, leaving me speechless. 

 

"Hey nerd, continue doing that. You look stupid." A student told you and laughed. I sighed for the thousandth time as I continued walking out of the school.

 

 

 

As soon as I reached home, the smell of bubble tea greeted me. My family owns a popular bubble tea shop called Star Tea. We're not really rich but we live comfortably since we are financially stable. My dad started this business 7 years ago since he liked bubble tea so much, but he died 3 years ago. My mom took hold of Star Tea but she had an offer being a stewardess, so she passed in onto me. I don't mind really. I love bubble tea as much as my dad does. 

 

"Grandma Eun...?" I questioningly trailed off. 

 

"Hello Soo Hee-ah! How are you?" You're grandmother greeted you cheerily and I hugged her excitedly. 

 

"When did you arrive?" I asked as I tied my hair into a bun and put on an apron. 

 

"Oh just 3 hours ago. You're mom called me and said Ji Woo, Dae In, Jun Seo will be gone for 3 days for an immersion. So I volunteered to take care of you for awhile." She finished explaining and I laughed. 

 

"That's awesome, grandma." I said as I started to work. Well, good thing my brothers are out of the house for a while. No messy environment. 

 

 

The door ringed, indicating a customer. I looked up and saw JHope walking towards me. He comes here always that it became a daily routine for him. 

 

"Yah Soo Hee-ah, why didn't you wait for me and--oh! Annyeong Grandma Eun." JHope greeted. 

 

 

"Hi Hoseok! Been a long time since I saw you. You've grown a lot taller and more handsome." My grandma said. 

 

 

"Hehe, thank you Grandma Eun." JHope giggled like a school girl and I hit his arm. 

 

 

"What was that for?" He whined. "Tell me, why are you here?" You asked and he cleared his throat. 

 

"First of all, I want to order a Taro Bubble Tea and 2 hashbrowns. Second, I want you to meet someone tomorrow!" He replied and you hummed as you started working at his order. 

 

"That's 12,000 won. And who is this someone?" You asked again.

 

"Don't ask too many questions. But I'm going to assure you that he's nice and we just became friends a week ago." He said and you nodded. You handed him his order and you two talked through the night until it became late.

 

"Hobie, it's already 8. Don't you want to go home?" I said as you wiped the counter. He pouted and said, "Okay fine. But I'll pick you up tomorrow at 6:30! I wanna spend time with my cute bestfriend." He pinched my cheeks as I playfully glared at him. 

 

(Morning)

 

I wore my glasses and sighed at my reflection. It's still 6:00 so I have 30 minutes to spare until I go to school. Grandma Eun came in my room again and her lips parted when she saw me. 

 

"What's wrong Grandma Eun?" I asked, furrowing eyebrows. 

 

"Yah, that outfit is a bit plain! You have thousands of great clothes in your very own closet and you only choose to wear a white top, black skinny jeans, and a flats?" Grandma Eun incredulously said as I slapped my forehead. 

 

"What's wrong about it?" I whined and she chuckled. 

 

"I'm going to find you something. The skinny jeans are okay, but I'll fix the top and the shoes." She said as she started to rummage through my clothes. Sometimes I even wonder how come Grandma Eun is already 49. She's like 16 at heart. 

 

"FOUND IT!" 

 

_________

 

I sat in the living room waiting for JHope to arrive. Grandma Eun picked a polka dot sleeveless button-down shirt with color and a thin mid-thigh cardigan with an owl necklace. I actually liked it. 

 

"Soo Hee, Hoseok is already here. He's at the bubble tea shop, sitting." Grandma Eun announced. Our house is literally beside our bubble tea shop, but there's a passageway from my house to the bubble tea shop so we can get there easily. 

 

"Ne~bye Grandma! Take care of Berry." I said and patted my dog, a Maltese. Hoseok and I named it when my mom gave it to me as a present when we were about 7. 

 

"Let's go--woah." JHope stopped as soon as he saw me. 

 

"I-Is it bad? You think I dressed up too much? " I quickly asked. 

 

"No, no! It's great. You look beautiful." He smiled at me, which made me smile as well too. We went outside and got in JHope's car as we drove to school. 

 

 

 

 

 

"You're really bad at rapping." JHope teased me again as we got off from school. Well, while we drove here, we had a talent showdown. I won at singing and he won at rapping, of course. 

 

 

"I'm not that bad." I pouted. JHope greeted some kids as we walked through the hallways, since we have an hour until class. We always come to school early so we can spend time with each other. 

 

 

"Who says strawberry milk is good, it comes from strawberries, strawberries have seeds, break it down yo at a rap showdown?" He laughed again as I pouted. 

 

 

"What am I supppose to say?" You defended, hitting his arm playfully. He suddenly stopped and turned to look at me. 

 

 

"I just remembered! You have to meet my friend. He's at the rooftop right now, let's go?" He smiled, putting his arm around your shoulder as you both walked. My heart raced and I tried to smile. 

 

Jung Hoseok...what am I suppose to do with these feelings?