Chapter 1

Suho's 25th Birthday
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I'm really, really sorry!

I was planning to post this on the day of Suho's birthday last month, but my lecturers gave assignments non-stop and this story got abandoned just like that T.T

But I have now finished this! /yay/

So I hope you like it :D and don't hate me for posting this...way later than the original plan.

Oh and a little warning; a very, and I mean very long chapter ahead.

The word count is... more than 6k for sure

Happy reading~

Do comment so I know how you think about this :D

And this is completely fictional- except for the names as in the person's names, brand names, names of the places and stuff like that.

 

 

 

 

 

May 22nd, 2015

 

 

06.00 PM

 

“Finally we’re done~” the eldest said while still waving outside the window.

“Yeah, we can finally get back,” the male behind him closed the door.

“We still have to look for hyung’s cake though,” another male got on the other side as their manager took over the driver’s seat.

“What are you guys going to do this time?” Lee Seunghwan started the engine.

“Typical bathroom-thingy,” Xiumin shrugged.

“Ah~” he nodded and began to drive to the company.

Brrt. Brrt.

“Minseok-ah, can you look at my phone and see who’s sending me a message?”

“Sure,” Xiumin opened the elder’s phone.

“It’s from Lay,” he said aloud so the two maknaes could hear.

“He’s arrived and met up with Tao already. And he’s asking-”

Brrt. Brrt.

“Oh, he texted again; he said he’s met Hyunkyun-hyung already,” he continued.

“Okay,” Seunghwan nodded.

“Anyway, please don’t tell Suho-hyung,” the youngest pleaded at their manager.

“Of course I won’t Hun-ah,” he grinned at Sehun from the rear-mirror.

“It’s only once a year you can prank him anyway.”

“Yes,” Kai high-fived Sehun.

“Do you want to join us too, hyung?” Xiumin asked.

“Nah, no thanks- I’ll stay out tonight, you guys get the old gramps loose a bit okay?”

The three grinned as they glanced at each other.

“Arasseo hyung.”

 

 

 

Brrt. Brrt.

The music stopped playing as his phone buzzed.

He smiled as he recognized the caller ID.

“Hey,” he began.

“Hey ge.”

“You’ve landed?”

“Yeah, and I’ve taken my baggage already. Where should we meet up?”

“I’m at Starbucks now-”

Beep. Beep.

The elder stared at the phone ridiculously as the call ended abruptly.

“What the-”

“GE!” an oh-so-familiar voice called for him.

He sighed with a smile and stood up to embrace the panda.

“Tao! I miss you,” he said after releasing the hug.

“Me too, Yixing-ge,” Tao smiled widely.

“How have you been, ge?”

“I’m fine, although I’ve been way busier since the studio was established.”

“Yeah, I can totally see that- your photos and videos are good,” Tao grinned.

“Mwoya...” a tint of pink was shown on the elder’s cheeks.

“Anyway, how was your leg?” Lay diverted the topic.

“Getting better, but not fully healed. Sorry ge, but I won’t be able to join you guys until my leg’s fully healed- my father doesn’t let me,” he gave an apologetic smile.

“It’s fine Tao, your health is more important,” the unicorn lover just smiled.

“By the way, who’s picking us up, ge?”

“Hyunkyun-hyung; he’s on his-”

Brrt. Brrt.

He paused and looked at the incoming message.

“Come on Tao,” he grinned and packed his things.

“Hyunkyun-hyung’s here already.”

“Zitao! Yixing!” the said male appeared right after.

“Hyung!” the three hugged each other.

“I miss you both,” the eldest grinned.

“Come on, I’ll drive you back to the dorm, you’re surely tired.”

“Err hyung,” Lay called.

“Didn’t the other members tell you?”

“About what?”

“We’re planning a surprise for Suho-hyung,” Tao piped up.

“Oh? No one tells me anything, but I know something was up though- no one congratulates him,” Hyunkyun thought aloud.

“Yeah, we planned that too,” Tao smiled sheepishly.

“So can you take us to the company instead, hyung? We planned to meet Xiumin-hyung, Kai and Sehun there,” Lay asked.

“Sure, why not?” he led the way to their van.

 

 

 

 

 

 

06.30 PM

 

“We’re here,” Hyunkyun announced at the two Chinese males.

“Go in first, I’ll catch up later.”

“Ara, thanks hyung,” Lay and Tao said simultaneously.

The two got out from the van, and entered the building immediately.

Thankfully, there weren’t many fans waiting like usual, as their arrival back in the country are kept as secret.

Just as soon as they entered, a certain tower tackled them into a bear hug.

“Hyung!” both exclaimed in surprise, but hugged the elder back nevertheless.

“You guys are back,” he grinned as he released the hug.

“It’s been some time since I saw you two.”

“Sorry, Siwon-hyung,” they smiled sheepishly.

“Anyway, today is Suho’s birthday, right?” he asked the two EXO members.

“Yeah, it is,” the youngest nodded.

“Do you possibly know where he is right now? I wanted to congratulate him in person,” Siwon explained.

The two Chinese glanced at each other briefly.

“He’s supposed to be at the dorm,” Lay answered.

“Ah~ that’s too bad,” Siwon sighed.

“Guess I’ll just sent him a message then, because I have a plane to catch in an hour,” he took out his phone and dialed a number- Suho’s number, they presumed.

“Thanks guys!” he waved and walked out of the building.

The two blinked their eyes at the scene that just happened with them.

“1有钱的人,” Tao mumbled and headed to the elevator.

“That’s rude, Tao,” Lay scolded as the two stepped inside the elevator.

“But it’s a fact,” the panda pouted.

The elevator dinged at the fifth floor.

“It’s still impolite,” Lay reasoned as they walked to the room at the end of the hall.

“He’s also our hyung and sunbae,” they stopped in front of a door.

One that they hadn’t gone into for quite some time.

“Okay,” the younger sighed as he opened the door.

Three males were inside the room- the steam bun, the tanned guy, and the youngest of them.

Sehun immediately ran and tackled Tao as soon as the door closed.

Xiumin and Kai hugged Lay in turn.

“Yah Sehun-ah, don’t hog Tao all to yourself,” the eldest chided as the second youngest tried to snatch Tao away from Sehun, with no result.

“I miss Tao, it’s been a very long time,” Kai gave up and decided to hug the panda from the other side.

Xiumin shook his head and did the same as Kai while Lay ruffled Sehun’s hair.

“Anyway, are we going to wait for Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Chen?”

“Nah, I don’t think so,” the eldest answered.

“They’re going to get the items needed on their way; so we can search on our own.”

“Well then should we go now?”

“Sure, let’s not waste our time,” Lay answered Kai’s question.

They all stood up and headed to the lobby.

“Kai and I are going to get the cake with Seunghwan-hyung,” Sehun announced.

“Okay, then the three of us will go with Hyunkyun-hyung to get Suho’s present.”

“Arasseo hyung, see you guys back in an hour here.”

“Be careful guys!” Tao waved as they parted ways.

 

 

 

 

 

 

07.00 PM

 

“As we’ve heard Baekhyun and Chen’s choice of songs from EXO’s new album, ‘EXODUS’, we will end today with Chanyeol’s recommended song, ‘Beautiful’.”

“Waa~” Chanyeol cheered by himself as the intro of the song began to play

“Thank you for listening to Sukira today!”

“Bye everyone!” the four of them waved at the camera and the on air light went off.

They took off their headphones and went stood by the side to take group photos.

“Okay! We’re finished! Thank you~” they all went out of the studio.

“Thank you too,” they bowed at the staffs.

“Thank you guys for coming today,” Ryeowook hugged them once they’re in the waiting room.

“Ani, thanks to you hyung for taking care of us,” Baekhyun said back.

“It’s nothing; anyway have you had dinner?” the Super Junior member led the way to the elevator.

“No not yet, but we ate some snacks before on the way here earlier hyung,” Chen answered.

“Then do you want to go out? I haven’t had my dinner too; my treat,” Ryeowook grinned.

“Sorry hyung, we’ll decline the offer this time,” Chanyeol apologized.

“Ah, you have another schedule?” they stepped inside the elevator and Baekhyun pressed the button for the first floor.

“No, but today is Suho-hyung’s birthday...”

“Ah, I see,” the eldest nodded in understanding.

The elevator arrived at the first floor, and they all stepped out of the small compartment.

“What are you planning?”

“Usual bathroom thing,” Baekhyun shrugged.

“We’ve ran out of ideas, so yeah,” Chen added.

Ryeowook only chuckled at their silliness- not that much different from s, to be honest.

Actually, the Super Junior members are much more idiotic than EXO, in his opinion.

Just then, Kim Daebin and Noh Youngmin appeared to fetch them.

“Well then, see you when I see you; and good luck to surprise Suho,” he waved as he walked to the west side of the building with his manager, Daebin.

“Ara, thanks hyung!” the three waved back.

“So, do you want to go back to the dorm, or the company, or you’re going to buy something?” Youngmin led the way to their van.

“You know, hyung?” Chanyeol asked with wide eyes.

“Seunghwan and Hyunkyun just told me; Seunghwan is with Kai and Sehun to get the cake, while Hyunkyun’s with Xiumin, Lay and Tao to get the present.”

“Tch, it’s not fun when you know everything,” the rapper pouted.

“Anyway, we’re planning to get some street snacks, is it okay hyung?” Baekhyun interrupted.

“You’re eating midnight snack almost every day anyway, why not?” Youngmin rolled his eyes with a smile.

“Should we go to Hongdae? I’m sure that the shops will still be open even at this time,” he suggested.

“Sure hyung, that’s a good idea,” Chen nodded.

 

 

 

 

 

 

07.30 PM

 

“Do you think we find the right present?” the youngest asked.

The three members along with their manager had already found the present, and they have just stepped inside the van to go back to the company.

“It’s hard to tell, but I think he’ll like this,” the manager answered.

“But I got a feeling that he has something similar to this...”

“Ugh, don’t even begin with what he has, Lay,” the eldest idol groaned.

Hyunkyun started the engine and began to drive to the company.

“You do know that he’s definitely capable of buying whatever he wants.”

“Stop it guys; at least we tried our best, right?” Hyunkyun smiled.

“I’m sure he’ll like it no matter what,” he added.

Brrt. Brrt.

“Right about time,” Xiumin took out his phone.

“Kai, Sehun and Seunghwan-hyung have gotten the cake too, and they’re on their way to the company now,” he read Kai’s message aloud.

“They’re fast,” Lay commented.

“Seunghwan-hyung is with them,” Tao snorted.

“They wouldn’t play around.”

“Yeah, the same like you when I’m around,” Hyunkyun smirked while the steam-bun and the unicorn laughed heartily, making the panda pout even more.

 

 

 

“Come on guys, we’re here,” he announced at the two youngsters.

“Hyung, can I leave the cake here? We’re going back to the dorm soon anyway,” the tanned guy asked.

“Yeah, sure,” the elder nodded.

“But why do you want to go here again, anyway?” they began to walk to their practice room.

“You guys can just meet at the apartment’s lobby,” Seunghwan added.

“We want to go back to the dorm together, so if ever Suho-hyung went out, he’s not going to wonder why we’re just sitting at the lobby doing nothing,” Kai explained.

“Except for D.O-hyung though,” Sehun noted.

“Yeah, except Kyungsoo-hyung.”

“Ah, right. His filming is until 8 PM,” Seunghwan remembered.

“Then you’ll meet him at the dorm?”

“Yeah, it’ll save our time too, not to mention that we have a pretty early schedule tomorrow,” Kai nodded.

They all arrived at the practice room.

“Hey hyungs,” Kai greeted the males inside the room.

“Did you wait long?” the youngest asked.

“No, not really,” Hyunkyun answered for them.

“What did you guys get for Suho?” the other manager asked.

The four glanced at each other.

“Oh come on, it’s not like I’m the one who you’re surprising,” Sehun laid flat on the floor.

“We actually want it to be a surprise too for you guys,” Xiumin explained.

“But okay- we’ll tell you,” Lay added as he saw Sehun about to throw a tantrum.

“Let me take it from the car first,” Tao stood up with Hyunkyun.

 

 

 

 

 

 

08.00 PM

 

“Thank you for your hard work~” the sentence was uttered from the idol’s lips for -maybe- the hundredth times that day.

“Finally,” he sighed once he sat inside the passenger’s seat in the car.

“Tired?”

“Very,” he nodded at his manager’s question.

“Well, at least your filming will be paused for a few days,” Kim Minwook tried to lift up the mood.

“Doesn’t mean that I’ll get a rest though hyung,” the owl-eyed male rolled his eyes playfully.

The elder shook his head and start the car’s engine.

“Just get a little sleep, I’ll wake you once we arrive at the dorm,” he suggested.

“Unless if you want to get something for the surprise.”

D.O widened his eyes even more -as if that was possible- at the statement.

“How did you know, hyung?”

“Yah what do you take me for?” he joked.

“Do you think I won’t know when the other managers are practically dragged here and there to get what you guys need?”

“Ah...”

Insert a very awkward silent moment here.

“When was the last time any of the hyungs text you?”

“Right when you’re done filming; they said that I should just bring you straight back to the dorm, as it’ll be a waste of time if you go to the company first,” Minwook explained.

“Are they heading back to the dorm now?”

“They’re still waiting for Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Chen along with Youngmin.”

“Did you tell them that we’re on our way now?”

“I already did.”

“Oh.”

Another silent moment.

“I don’t know what else to look for, actually,” D.O said after thinking.

“Kai and Sehun get the cake, Minseok-hyung, Lay-hyung and Tao get the present, and the beagle-line get the snacks and whatnot- I have nothing to do.”

“Well then, just get a sleep for now, Kyungsoo-ah,” Minwook suggested.

“You might really need some energy to startle the gramps,” he wiggled his brows.

D.O could only laugh at his manager’s antics.

“Arasseo hyung, please wake me up later,” he yawned.

“Of course.”

“Thanks hyung,” and the owl drifted off to sleep.

 

 

 

“Aish,” the second youngest threw his hands up in the air as he laid down on the floor.

The others who were present in the room looked at him.

“What’s wrong Jong?”

“It’s already past eight o’clock.”

“And...?”

“Baek-hyung, Chanyeol-hyung and Chen-hyung should’ve arrived already,” he answered the unicorn.

“Have you text them?”

“None of them replied.”

Add moment of silence here.

“Let me call Youngmin,” one of the two managers went out of the practice room.

“Right- I forgot to text Youngmin-hyung,” the tanned male blinked his eyes.

“How about we meet them at the apartment’s lobby?” the youngest piped up.

“They’re at Hongdae, right Hyunkyun-hyung?” Sehun asked the other manager.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter